Maxpedition - Bags and Packs

Thread: How does my 6V Haiku LE work?

Red face How does my 6V Haiku LE work?

Well I acquired a 6V Haiku with a 2x123 McClickie pak a while ago and I'm a little embarrassed to say that there are characteristics to the light I don't know much about. For instance I know I can run 2x123 primaries but can this head handle 2x AW RCR's? Is this head brighter with more voltage? It seems to be the same brightness when I run it on my 1x123 pak with a single AW RCR. I also noticed that when I try to operate it with a 1x123 primary it will not switch modes. I guess I'm just looking for what I can and can't do as far as powering this head goes. Any info is appreciated.
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

Flashaholic*

Default Re: How does my 6V Haiku LE work?

It does work with two x RCR as the voltage drops you will lose some modes. When I power my 6V LE with one cell the medium and high are about the same brightness. Using a lower voltage won't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    It does work with two x RCR as the voltage drops you will lose some modes. When I power my 6V LE with one cell the medium and high are about the same brightness. Using a lower voltage won't hurt anything.
    Agreed. I've run mine with 2 123s, 2 16340s, 2 AW RCR, 1 18650 (FM SS 18650 body.) I've also put it on a 1x123 McClicky with 1 AW - no issues for me, but in my sphere I read around 180 on high with 1x and 240 on high with 2x.

Really flexible light engine!

Excellent responses! Dan thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for.
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights