I am looking to get two headlamps for myself.
Primary usage will be camping and emergency bug-out.
One lamp will be in my emergency bag in case I get stranded and need to hike out of the forest to get help.
Second lamp will be for general camping, cooking, getting firewood, reading in tent, late night bathroom breaks, hiking back to camp.
to answer the recommended list of things to consider:
- Beam type: Flood
- Battery type: AA lithium or CR123 primaries
- Battery placement: front or rear but prefer front
- Tint: Neutral to warm but High CRI is most important
- Lumens/Brightness: 3 mode: low low, mid, high
- Runtime: regulated, decent runtime
- Weatherproofing: IP68 - hiking and camping in rain/western washington
- adjustable angle: no pref, probably not a big deal
- UI: low -> high UI - don't want to kill nightvision
- Cost: $50 - $150
Thanks very much!