Gift flashlight for my lovely bride

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
Gentlemen (and ladies!),

I'd like to get my wonderful wife an EDC for her purse. She is a girly-girl and not interested in tech. I'd like it to be:
Small– single AA or AAA cell
One-hand, one-button on/off
Single brightness level (could live with two if it's easy to operate)
Neutral or warm color temp
Pink or purple exterior​

I don't expect to get all of these attributes in one light, but hey…

I have researched recent threads on this topic, and I see the Fenix E01 purple flashlight mentioned. Looks okay, but has a twisty interface (or so I have read). Do y'all like that? What do you suggest? I gave her a Photon Microlight long ago for her keychain, but am looking for something better.

I promise it won't be a primary gift, but a bonus, stocking-stuffer kind of gift. Been there, done that, learned my lesson!

Al Thumbs

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my wife a purple Fenix E01 for Christmas. She put it on her keychain, and it's still there. It's three only light I've given her that she's held on to for more than a week.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
JETBeam E3S R4 Stainless Steel is pretty cool light, cept it does have two holes on the tail end to install a clip that I don't think it was ever made, but not sure about that!

Norm

Retired Administrator
How about KLARUS Gold MiX5 Cree R2 LED 76 LM AAAA.

Norm

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened
Take a look at the Xeno E03 - AA, XM-L cool, neutral or warm, three levels, GITD clicky, $35, no PWM, available in black, rose red or blue (mine looks purplish). Nice quality budget light - good value. Not a keychain light, more for a purse.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
I just got my girlfriend a purple olight i3. It's a 3 mode light. She likes it a lot and it's small enough that she can keep it with her all the time.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite Ti Red/Blue/Green/Gold/Black (no pink nor purple).
Simple twist 2-mode AAA. No neutral/warm tint though.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
Get her a colored Fenix E01 (purple, gold, or maybe even blue). Or even one of those gold Sunwayman R01's.

You said that she's not interested in tech, and I can all but guarantee you that anything you spend over $15 will be lost on her. She's gonna be much more likely to carry it (and thus be able to use it when the need actually arises) if she thinks it's cute versus being impressed with tint/brightness/modes/etc.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
my wife has been happiest with cheap lights. She loses them and feels bad if they're very nice :)

They're supposed to
a) look nice, (so far that means shiny SS or nice red color)
b) be small, (AAA usually)
c) clicky (she doesn't like twisty, although she made one exception)
d) clip preferred

so far she has been happy with
Trustfire F21
pro: shiny SS, small, clicky, high-low modes
con: blinky mode, no clip, quality (I think they don't survive the drop test)

Tank007 E06, Red
pro: red, small, clip, 2xAAA extension for penlight form
con: quality (one has died), head glued on

CQG S2 (cnqualitygoods)
pro: SS, small, AA(! really small for AA), hi-med-lo, spare switch, nice box, CW and NW available
con: no clip (until I put an ld01 clip on it), very lightweight/insubstantial - we'll see how it holds up. This is the one she's been carrying recently so I guess it's a winner.

Other notes:
Yezl S7 looks just like the Trustfire F21 but might be higher quality; I'm thinking of checking that out.

She has a DQG Mini AAA attached to a purse, it's the only twisty that she's kept.

She finds the Xeno E03 to be larger than she wants. I still highly recommend trying a red or blue(purple) one for her. it is 3 levels, but M-L-H can be treated as single level for most purposes. Friends that I've gifted it to rarely switch levels, but like knowing that they can go dimmer or brighter.

She didn't like the ITP A3 - twisty. That clicky requirement of my wife's really makes it tough. If you can get yours to love twisties there are so many more options :)

Hmm. for a purse, maybe a Preon1 with a clicky cap? I don't think the protruding preon clicky is suitable for pocket (other than shirt pocket) for accidental activation issues, but in a purse it might be just right. I guess she might not like L-M-H modes tho... well it's a thought. Someone's selling a pink one I think.

Sorry for the ramble.

squaat

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite Ti Red/Blue/Green/Gold/Black (no pink nor purple).
Simple twist 2-mode AAA. No neutral/warm tint though.

+1

My wife has the green regular version in her purse. The UI is very intuitive. Twist -> low, Twist a bit more -> high
My friends wife asked for the redish pink one. She loves it too.
The 4sevens p0 is also an option as it is quite small and looks quite nice. Again a low -> high twisty.
I've kinda given up finding a decent AAA clicky that doesn't compromise in other departments.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
The 4sevens p0 is also an option as it is quite small and looks quite nice. Again a low -> high twisty.
I've kinda given up finding a decent AAA clicky that doesn't compromise in other departments.

That's a good recommendation. The SS is kinda classy, the light is tiny, the two mode twisty is simple, you get great warranty overage from 47's, etc.

Oh, and $22 shipped makes it affordable enough to gamble on.

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
For my first wife I gave her; 4 Sevens purple AAA 1 cell key chain light. She use it and loves it.

Latest posts