Tucson or Arizona gathering?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have had some really good GTs in the Phoenix area over the years, you can look back through the threads and see them listed as SW Regional – Phoenix Get-together. I was going to put another one together this year and have already asked for the time off but the time hasn't been approved yet (July 28 or Aug 4). We have traditionally met at Lost Dutchman State Park late in the afternoon and had a cookout then waited for the dark to play with our lights. They have always been a blast and I don't think anyone has ever regretted showing up. The park has always granted us extended hours which is something city parks have never done for us so the park location is a big plus. It would be nice if there were a place between Phoenix and Tucson which could accommodate both cites and our needs but I'm not sure if there is.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Well, if all the Tucsonans and Phoenix people can arrange a weekend that theyre all free, maybe we could do a carpool up to Phoenix or something. Currently, my build probably won't be done until mid July-early August. All depends on when Jesus gets it, and gets to work on it. Should be sending it to him on Monday.

Worst case, I can fly to one of the gatherings during my "weekend".

Last edited:

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Sorry for the short notice; we're having a tiny little get-together (just for supper and chat, not really for a chance to play with our lights in high-quality darkness) on Tuesday, July 3, in Phoenix... Y'all are welcome, but because of the short notice and the non-weekend nature of it, we promise not to be offended if you can't make it.

Macayo's Mexican Kitchen more info
transparent.png

1909 West Thunderbird Road

Phoenix, AZ 85023

The fun (or at least the ordering of the food) starts at 7:30pm MST. I'll be there earlier to get a table. Ask for the... ummm... LUMEN party. Yeah, that's it... the Lumen party!

Last edited:

Empire

Banned
I'll be there,
Thanks for invitation.
Ya know, I just came on after 10 days of not being on just to see what's new,
5turns out an invite

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there with a few lights. I will not have my complete collection but will bring a modded FF III and a Arc 6 as well as a 4/7s Mini Ti N.

Empire

Banned
I'll bring my,
jetbeam bc25
mabye a surefire if I can find it
and some surprise lights to well…surprise you.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Well, I got news that my 17k beast is going to be on its way back this week, so whenever we decide to do the next gathering, I'll have that finished and ready.

I've also got a special project I'm working on on top of that, and hopefully that will be finished by then, too.