Klarus        
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Default Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C XM-L U2)

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    People do not seem to follow the links implemented in the text of my posts. Okay then, here the full quote so that you do not have to click on any links

daberti, now read, thanks:

If anyone has questions regarding the table, shoot me.
    So yes, as reppans stated as owner of both lights, Zebralight and Eagletac may have exactly the same efficiency at the end of the day.
    Daberti reads, yet I'd like to have someone sending his own D25A (Ti or not) to Selfbuilt for testing.
    This would be the ultimate proof
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by daberti View Post
    Daberti reads, yet I'd like to have someone sending his own D25A (Ti or not) to Selfbuilt for testing.
    This would be the ultimate proof
    Did anyone ever make an "official" request to EagleTac for this? I'd have no problem lending mine for reviewing, but the posting alone would be more than buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by TweakMDS View Post
    Did anyone ever make an "official" request to EagleTac for this? I'd have no problem lending mine for reviewing, but the posting alone would be more than buying them.
    I'm in the same cup of tea
    Maybe some of the USA dealers would chime in .....
    Dan

I appreciate the offers, but I'm not into testing loaned samples - too many variables and risks to consider. And it's unlikely that Eagletac would send me a D25A for review, after all this time (i.e., all makers care the most about reviews at the time of series launch).

As always, it is important to keep in mind how production versions can change over time (especially as new emitters come out, but sometimes just for circuit upgrades). All my reviews are really just one point in time - it is unfortunately hard to know how newer versions compare, unless tested under exactly the same conditions.

In any case, I do have some new Eagletac series lights lined up for review. Should be getting to them soon ....
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's Spring 2018 Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    In any case, I do have some new Eagletac series lights lined up for review. Should be getting to them soon ....
    Ah ha. Ima guess perhaps the TX25C2 or SX25A6 might be one. Although unlikely, it would be nice if one was the mysterious GX25A3. Can't wait.

Understood on the loaners, and I agree. However, Eagletac did refresh the D25A Clicky Ti in XM-L and XP-G2 quite recently, and even though they are "limited edition", they should have still sent you a a model I think.

Eitherway, they're very nice lights and I EDC the XP-G2 version together with the SC52.

Flashaholic*

Just got my neutral XP-G2 D25A Clicky from Illumination Gear today and wow, just wow. Beautiful beam profile and tint, uniform throughout, insanely bright for just 1 NiMH AA, kicks the crap out of my SC51W, a supposed 164 lumens. Tint is warmer than my other neutrals, not sure of their bins except for my 5A Quark and it's a bit warmerr. Wish I had a working camera......
    Only thing I don't like is having pocket eating knurling under the clip.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Default Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    Just got my neutral XP-G2 D25A Clicky from Illumination Gear today and wow, just wow. Beautiful beam profile and tint, uniform throughout, insanely bright for just 1 NiMH AA, kicks the crap out of my SC51W, a supposed 164 lumens.
    Nice...

I notice that Illumination Gear lists the NW as an XP-G2 R4 but the ET D25A spec page lists NW only as XP-G R4 and XM-L2 T6. Wonder if IG is a typo? BTW, the SC51w should be 172 lms ;-).

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    Nice...

I notice that Illumination Gear lists the NW as an XP-G2 R4 but the ET D25A spec page lists NW only as XP-G R4 and XM-L2 T6. Wonder if IG is a typo? BTW, the SC51w should be 172 lms ;-).
    It's an XP-G2 for sure, I verified it with IG, they said they just got 3 ET models in using a neutral XP-G2 and also linked me to pictures showing the difference between Gen 1&2, it's very easy to see the difference. They did however say that they are assuming it's an R4 bin. Also, the SC51FW, the frosted neutral is 164 lumens. Forgot the F.
    Last edited by defloyd77; 02-19-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Default Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Any doughnut hole issues with the XP-G2's in the CR123 models.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Hubby & I have each got an D25LC2 XP-G2.
    No do-nut holes in the light patterns.
    JUST PERFECT
    We both love this kit.
    We're now both running them with a 18650 cell,
    though hubby was initially using rcr-123's.
    No difference in brightness nor beam pattern. Just duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler___Durden View Post
    Hubby & I have each got an D25LC2 XP-G2.
    No do-nut holes in the light patterns.
    JUST PERFECT
    We both love this kit.
    We're now both running them with a 18650 cell,
    though hubby was initially using rcr-123's.
    No difference in brightness nor beam pattern. Just duration.

Thanks
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

In any case, I do have some new Eagletac series lights lined up for review.
    Today i learned that ET updated the entire catalog from XM-L U2 to XM-L2 U2. Naturally this includes all popular lights such as D25A, D25LC2, Clicky Ti, T20C2, G25C2, one must look only at the Technical Specifications pages. The specs page for the TX25C2 XM-L2 U2 even claims frikkin 965 ANSI ET lumens on 1x18650 which would be world record and beat Nitecore EC25 (860 ANSI NC lumens) and Zebralight SC600 MkII (900 ANSI ZL lumens).

Hopefully you got models with ET XM-L2 U2's to review, thanks for your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    Today i learned that ET updated the entire catalog from XM-L U2 to XM-L2 U2. ... Hopefully you got models with ET XM-L2 U2's to review, thanks for your hard work!
    Thanks, and yes, all the new ET lights I've received are XM-L2 emitters. And yes, the TX25C2 is included.

Note that as with the XP-G2, the new output bining code structure is based on the more representational luminus flux @85C (i.e. not @25C any more). The practical implications of this is that a XM-L2 U2 is actually two full bin steps up from a XM-L U2. Or put another way, the XM-L2 T5 would be equivalent to the XM-L U2, etc.

The jump in ET's posted ANSI FL-1 lumens for the various lights on XM-L2 U2 (i.e., ~13-14% brighter) is quite believable to me. Cree unfortunately markets the new XP-G2/XM-L2s as delivering "up to 20% more lumens", but that is referring to the extreme limits of the bins. Two bin steps up is on average ~13-14% brighter, but it could be as low as 7-8% or as high as ~20%, depending where in their respective bins individual samples lie.

In any case, I've only started my testing, so it will take me some time to go through everything ...

EDIT: For those wanting to know more, the new spec sheet for the Cree XM-L2 is available here.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's Spring 2018 Sale

I've only started my testing, so it will take me some time to go through everything ...
    Sounds like a sweet flashlight party!
    Terrific news, XM-L2's, TX25C2, this will become an important reference for future comparisons of new 1x18650 XM-L lights imho.

Thanks again for all, looking forward!!
    YMMD cheers!

Flashaholic

How can I tell the difference between a 2012 and 2013 D25A Ti?

The 2103 will have a brass thread between head and body.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    How can I tell the difference between a 2012 and 2013 D25A Ti?
    2012 on top, 2013 on bottom

Yes. Good news, yet if ET won't implement a dropdown feature, FULL regulation for Li-Ion cells and low voltage cutoff for LiIon it would not be my ticket. Not to mention that a 1x123 torch that jumps from just under 10Lm to over 100Lm is far from showing a clever output spacing.
    Last edited by daberti; 02-23-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Dan

Thanks, and yes, all the new ET lights I've received are XM-L2 emitters. And yes, the TX25C2 is included.

Note that as with the XP-G2, the new output bining code structure is based on the more representational luminus flux @85C (i.e. not @25C any more). The practical implications of this is that a XM-L2 U2 is actually two full bin steps up from a XM-L U2. Or put another way, the XM-L2 T5 would be equivalent to the XM-L U2, etc.

The jump in ET's posted ANSI FL-1 lumens for the various lights on XM-L2 U2 (i.e., ~13-14% brighter) is quite believable to me. Cree unfortunately markets the new XP-G2/XM-L2s as delivering "up to 20% more lumens", but that is referring to the extreme limits of the bins. Two bin steps up is on average ~13-14% brighter, but it could be as low as 7-8% or as high as ~20%, depending where in their respective bins individual samples lie.

In any case, I've only started my testing, so it will take me some time to go through everything ...

EDIT: For those wanting to know more, the new spec sheet for the Cree XM-L2 is available here.
    Do you know when they will be on the market? I have to buy one more flashlight which, I guess, will be a D25A2 and I can wait a couple of months more if it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bhonder View Post
    Do you know when they will be on the market? I have to buy one more flashlight which, I guess, will be a D25A2 and I can wait a couple of months more if it's worth.
    Sorry, no idea - you'd have to check with the dealer you were planning to purchase it from.

Can't wait to get a d25c clicky with XM-L2 T6 in neutral white. Want to test it with an IMR 16340.

Quote Originally Posted by blackFFM View Post
    with XM-L2 T6 in neutral white
    To me it seems like someone redacted all ET webpages by replacing all instances of "XM-L" by "XM-L2" without knowing what he/she was doing, following orders, 24 Jack Bauer
    I am wondering if they really mean it, neutral white XM-L2's and neutral white XP-G2's!

Flashaholic

My D25A Ti Cool White does not seem to have the moonlight mode (three twists from loose while on). Can anyone confirm? Tried with 14500 and NiMH with same results. So far, only my D25C Ti has it. The D25C2 does not, which is confirmed.

afaik the D25A 2012 Ti clicky had moonlight with Eneloops and i can confirm that the D25A 2013 Ti clicky does not. i think it was already mentioned and measured in the Clicky Ti thread!!

is yours the 2013 version?

Flashaholic

Thanks. Yes, mine is the 2013 version.

Good news and bad news.

The bad news is I lost my only beloved D25LC2 with a brand new green label 3400mah Eagletac inside it, I loved that light and carried it every day I have no idea how I lost it except that clip had a tendency to hang on the seat belt of my wife's car and it must have fallen out, usually I feel it when it snags but not this time.

The good news is it seems I lost it at a good time when this XM-L2 is being put in them if I read right, just got to find out who has them or when a dealer will have them. Ordinarily I'd order another right away but I'm going to wait and see how this L2 plays out, would have sucked if I'd lost it a couple weeks ago right before this news.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    I'm going to wait and see how this L2 plays out, would
    Eagletac informs that the XM-L2 tint is 0D or 1A, i.e. either of the two arbitrarily. That's how i understood the info

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    Eagletac informs that the XM-L2 tint is 0D or 1A, i.e. either of the two arbitrarily. That's how i understood the info
    I don't like releasing too much while still in testing, but OD/1A is certainly believable for the cool white XM-L2 lights Eagletac has sent me. I think most people would consider 1A as part of "premium bin" cool white. Point is to expect the tint will be on the cooler side of cool white, if anything ... my samples are certainly quite reasonable.

BTW, for those looking for a good ANSI white chromaticity bin chart, see the flashlight wiki site.

I don't like releasing too much while still in testing, but OD/1A is certainly believable for the cool white XM-L2 lights Eagletac has sent me. I think most people would consider 1A as part of "premium bin" cool white. Point is to expect the tint will be on the cooler side of cool white, if anything ... my samples are certainly quite reasonable.

BTW, for those looking for a good ANSI white chromaticity bin chart, see the flashlight wiki site.
    As long as there is no hint of blue or green I'll be happy, pure white is what I like and all the XM-L D25's I've seen in person was nice and white, I'm curious to see how the XM-L2 compares to that.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast