Jetbeam        
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Default Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Glad you got your connection issues somewhat sorted. As far as programmable features go- you can toggle the moonlight to low output by starting with the head loose, then turn on the light, and then quickly repeat tight and loose three times. For mode memory (remembers the last output) start with head tight, turn on the light, and repeat loose and tight for three times.

Others can chime in on the 16340 vs CR123a's and how it affects modes, but I've had some version of every D25C clicky since it was launched in 2012 and they ALL loose medium w/any batt. over 3v. IMO if you want all modes to function then stick to primary batteries.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Can anyone confirm if the 2014 D25A Ti Clicky with Nichia 219 is using a 219a or 219b?

Thanks
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Mine is using a 219B, bought it in april or may 2014.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    Mine is using a 219B, bought it in april or may 2014.
    Thanks. Are there physical differences or how does one tell them apart? Or is it just a lack of "rosiness"?
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    Thanks. Are there physical differences or how does one tell them apart? Or is it just a lack of "rosiness"?
    The A die has black dashes around the edge, the B does not. I have one of the earliest D25A N219s and mine is an A.

clicky

Figured I would add my experience with Eagletac's D25a clicky to this thread. I am on my THIRD copy of this light, xml2u2 version. 1st one, threads so bad i could barely get the head on and off. Returned it. 2nd one fell out of my hand from about 3.5 ft and landed on the tile floor. Died. Returned it. #3 which I have right now, has just shown me it is completely NOT water tight. I RINSED it in the sink and dried it off, only to notice 10 minutes later the head all fogged up from condensation. Unscrewed the head and there is water all up the threads past the o-ring. Unscrewed the bezel and theres all sorts of water in there with the reflector as well. I don't know how but it's still working. Let everything dry out and pieced it back together. Maybe I have awful luck, but my assessment is that these are cool lights, with very mediocre build quality and less than great reliability. For a $50 flashlight I find this kind of thing disappointing and pretty lame. Boo

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I own three of these in Titanium and one hard anodized. All four have been modded by Vinh(1 V1, 2 V2 and one V3). All are awesome and none have failed-I guess Vinh is the answer to the lack of durability in the stock versions...

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Flashaholic

I have four. Clicky replaced on one after a year and a half.(D25LC2) And a wonky UI problem in a D25C ti. Quick replacement parts from ET China with no questions asked. So not perfect, but not bad enough to dislike the brand.
    just bought my fifth ET two weeks ago.
    Fenix TK35/TK21 U2/PD32/LD12/E01/ Romisen RC-T602/ Klarus XT2C/ EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky, Thrunite TN31. , Olight s10, Eagletac D25LC2 factory mod XP-G2 with 2amp driver. Eagletac D25C Ti XM-L U2, D25C ti XP-G2, GX25A3.

great flashlights, planning to buy this.

I love my d25a. I have only had two issues. First, I clipped it to the visor in my car when I was installing a stereo one night. Unfortunately, the pressure caused the clip to become permanently bent outwards too much. this doesn't happen with my 4sevens light clip. I removed the clip and bent it back, but it now doesn't have the rigidity it had when new. I think the steel just wasn't hardened in the way a nice clip is. Not a deal breaker, but I wish the clip were stronger when flexed. Second, and more of just an annoyance, when I put a diffuser on the light even a small amount of pressure causes the light to go into full brightness mode. As though the head were tightened. This happens even if I loosen the head more first.

Otherwise, it serves me well. It lasts a long time, fills most rooms fully with light if I bounce it on the ceiling. I wish it had a moonlight mode like my quark, but it's still greatly versatile. I'm glad to own one.

D25C on sale
    I wont buy it because of the PWM, that selfbuilt says is not there, and reppans says IS there.

I dont understand how selfbuilt can report no PWM when a user can see it.. maybe Im confusing all the different models?

Default Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    D25C on sale
    I wont buy it because of the PWM, that selfbuilt says is not there, and reppans says IS there.

I dont understand how selfbuilt can report no PWM when a user can see it.. maybe Im confusing all the different models?
    Selfbuilt did not test the D25A, which is all I own. The D25A only uses PWM on a couple of modes (and it's the fastest I've ever photographed), and moonlight has slow PWM-like pulsation (depending upon sample and voltage) on moonlight.

Here are three D25A samples swept along with an HDS across a time exposure. You really can't "see" PWM this fast unless you know exactly how to look for it - I never noticed it until another reviewer pointed it out.

And a typical D25A moonlight on low voltage vs a Quark moonlight - cellphone test and time exposure.

Last edited by reppans; 09-26-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    The D25A only uses PWM on a couple of modes
    thank you for the excellent photos of the PWM!

we have a difference of interpretation of the word PWM
    reppans shows the D25A HAS PWM
    selfbuilt and eagletac say the D25A2 is Current Regulated.
    eagletac also says the D25A is Current Regulated.

I believe reppans

(the D25A and the D25A2 are the same light, only the switch is different, not the driver circuit)

Default Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

thank you for the excellent photos of the PWM!

we have a difference of interpretation of the word PWM
    reppans shows the D25A HAS PWM
    selfbuilt and eagletac say the D25A2 is Current Regulated.
    eagletac also says the D25A is Current Regulated.

I believe reppans

(the D25A and the D25A2 are the same light, only the switch is different, not the driver circuit)
    Thanks but, the D25A2 actually shares the same driver as the D25C (A950RC circuit) - the D25A uses the A400RC circuit. It's not a wide voltage driver... actually it's pretty narrow voltage, lower modes will shift and/or go direct drive.

Thanks but, the D25A2 actually shares the same driver as the D25C (A950RC circuit) - the D25A uses the A400RC circuit. It's not a wide voltage driver... actually it's pretty narrow voltage, lower modes will shift and/or go direct drive.
    thank you for the education!
    so, D25A = per reppans Yes PWM, per Eagletac No PWM:
    "A400RC circuitWe use current regulation method to control the amount of current going through the LED for all output levels. "
    but, D25C, D25A2 = per reppans No PWM, per Eagletac No PWM
    thanks for the circuit difference info

but, D25C, D25A2 = per reppans No PWM, per Eagletac No PWM
    thanks for the circuit difference info
    Not per me.... I don't own a C or A2 - I can only say the A has PWM on certain modes.

As far as truth in advertising, my A's output and runtime specs are very truthful, conservative even, but their "10 year" warranty is quite misleading - it's really only 1 yr due to their "electronics" clause.

Not per me.... I don't own a C or A2 - I can only say the A has PWM on certain modes.
    correction
    D25C, D25A2 = per selfbuilt No PWM, per Eagletac No PWM

Flashaholic*

reppans, EagleTac flashlights have a 120 month warranty... no problem.
    "We warrant our flashlights to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. We will repair, replace at our option, without charging any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use within 120 months from the date of purchase with the proof of purchase."
    http://eagletac.com/html/contact/features/support.html

There has never been any concern from ET or a dealer for handling flashlight warranties within the 120 month window, I am not aware of a single customer who has had problem getting a warranty concern addressed.

you are referring to the second paragraph - which relates to peripheral items - such as cords, chargers, batteries etc ie. "Electronics"
    I'll ask ET to make this clearer on the site & Manual.

Cheers

but their "10 year" warranty is quite misleading - it's really only 1 yr due to their "electronics" clause.
    Last edited by lebox97; 09-28-2015 at 08:11 AM.
    the reality of life... 50% +/- of it will be in darkness (unless you have a light!) dba
    (also EagTac-USA)

Nope. Driver failure are considered "electronics" so 1 year warranty only, though they can be pretty arranging and/or costs for spare parts quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by lebox97 View Post
    There has never been any concern from ET or a dealer for handling flashlight warranties within the 120 month window, I am not aware of a single customer who has had problem getting a warranty concern addressed.

you are referring to the second paragraph - which relates to peripheral items - such as cords, chargers, batteries etc ie. "Electronics"
    I'll ask ET to make this clearer on the site & Manual.

Cheers
    I have email them about it a while ago - asked if a flashlight driver were to fail, would it fall under 1 yr electronics clause, or the 10 yr "flashlight" warranty. I was told the driver is covered for 1 year (Christina).

That said, due to the "generous" wording of their warranty terms, I'm sure they quite lenient with the repairs.... but they don't have to be.

For the D25C clicky, operating on a CR123a primary, what warning, if any, is there before it runs out of juice? Do high and/or turbo get dimmer? Does ML work but not turbo? Thanks in advance.

D25C on sale

It would be nice if the xml2 version were also on sale

my favorite youtuber just reviewed this old flashlight as the best EDC flashlight of the 2016 year omg :

i am not fond of the black aluminum version but the titanium D25 clickies are arguably among the very best EDC ti lights from PRC. also wondering why he chose this over the Smini. in the 16340 form factor i'd prefer the Smini to the D25C because the Smini is more suitable for mouth carry, baseball cap carry, and can be equipped with a magnetic tail (from the S1).

well, i guess it's best to have em both. so no arguing lol.
    Last edited by kreisl; 12-17-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Unenlightened

Hi everyone,

I own several lights including the Eagletac D25A Nichia. Since this is a review post I thought I ad some information about de D25A.

I bought this D25A because of the high CRI and the interface. My previous EDC was the Fenix PD20. I really like the interface en that of the D25A is almost the same.
    I was a bit disapointed actually by the waterproof test. The D25A claimes to be IPX8, but under a shower test it already showed condensation under the glass. First day out of the box.

You guys might wondering, why a shower test. Well I'm quite an acitve sportsman and often swimmer. And with my friends I had contest to always carry a light.
    The Fenix PD20 goes with to the pool and very good in submersing under water and never shown leakage or condesation.

The D25A doesn't look that waterproof after its first non submerserive test.

I got some pictures of the results and also the size of the o rings if anyone is interrested?

Flashaholic

Is anyone using the 4.2v Foursevens high discharge rate rechargeable battery (the one that comes with the flex charger and Mini MK II) in your D25C? I realize you use medium mode on the D25C when using a 4.2v battery. Just wondering if anyone is using this combo and how it's working out for you.

For what it's worth, I just picked up a 2014(?) model - where the whole tube is knurled, rather than just in bands like newer ones - it's sold as (and looks like) an XM-L2 emitter. There is apparently some question about whether these do PWM, but I've just set mine up with an oscilloscope and a photodiode and can verify that this one at least very much does PWM except on full power mode. PWM frequency right now is 3976 Hz which I guess is sufficient to not be noticeable unless you're unusually sensitive to flicker. I may leave it as is so I can use the twisty mode switching, but on the other hand a different driver with firmware I can tweak myself is tempting.

Can anyone say, does the latest version of the D25LC2 have mode memory?
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021