Led Headlights

tjm2007

Newly Enlightened
I am wonder does anyone know of a manufacturer of LED only headlights. What I have been able to find is led + projector lights.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
IPF does too.

If they make full headlamps with LEDs, I'd have to wonder if they have any regulatory compliance at all, or if they just forge the regulatory compliance markings without being able to truthfully certify them as compliant.

If you're referring to LED "drop-ins", those things are unsafe, ineffective, and illegal.

ThunderLizard

Newly Enlightened
The illegality of it being said, has anyone here ever heard of Kawasaki putting out or authorizing an LED replacement (that's street legal of course) for their headlamps? My dealer, and local shops don't seem to be interested in finding out for me. My '07 Vulcan 900 has horrid lighting (solo H4 55/60W) with the added nasty bit of the low beam being too low and the high beam being too high.. in the same bulb. I was considering LED for the power saving and durability, because I've been beating the charging system with a pair of 55w halogen driving lamps for years. They WORK, but they get dang hot in the city, and I'd like something that is as much for visibility as vision.
Thanks for any advice.

ThunderLizard

Newly Enlightened
Where you live might be a big factor beyond laws, too... LED's don't throw enough heat to stay clear in snowy situations. Just a thought for you!

CfabStudios

Newly Enlightened
so far Audi has them on R8, the Escalade has themtoo, Acura patented the "jewel eye" and BMW has some incredible adaptive LEd headlight system

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I am wonder does anyone know of a manufacturer of LED only headlights. What I have been able to find is led + projector lights.

What kind of headlamps are you looking for? Universal-fit units of a particular size/shape? Units for a specific vehicle? And what is your objection to projectors? What is it you want/don't want? We need more information to answer your question helpfully.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The illegality of it being said

The illegality of what, exactly?

Has anyone here ever heard of Kawasaki putting out or authorizing an LED replacement (that's street legal of course) for their headlamps?

I'm not sure what kind of "authorizing" you have in mind. There is no possibility to install an LED light source in a headlamp not originally designed for an LED light source and wind up with anything like an effective or legal beam distribution.

I've been beating the charging system with a pair of 55w halogen driving lamps for years. They WORK, but they get dang hot in the city

"Driving" (auxiliary high beam) lamps are not appropriate, safe, or legal for use in traffic -- only on empty roads with no traffic. They do not "WORK", no matter what your definition of "WORK" might be.

Latest posts