Fully Boosted Thermal and Voltage Regulated V4 Triples cranking out up to 1400 lumens
Custom built engines for your favorite hosts
Available with Cree XPE/XPG and Nichia 219 Hi CRI
New V4 Triple: Smart voltage based cell counter, cell monitoring, voltage monitoring (extending IMR cell life), and a 2 step thermal management and output reduction system. These features bring additional security and reliability to our existing L3 model, but they also allow us to push the envelope. Thermal Management means we can push more heat, more amps, and more lumens.
All models come with electronic reverse polarity protection, critical overheating cut-off (full off at 120°C) and low voltage cutoff at 2.2V.
Lithium Battery Monitor
Battery monitoring function is a new feature of V4 Triple LED drop-ins. It implements a fully-automatic lithium battery protection function with cell count detection. It's set to 3.6-3.7 nominal voltage and admits single (1S, 3.7V) or two-in-series (2S, 7.4V) battery configurations.
Battery Stretch Function
This feature is a new feature of V4 Triple LED drop-ins, and nearly doubles the runtime when the full mode is initially used. The output is reduced to 10% at 10% of the cell. So it lets the remaining 10% of battery to last 10 times longer. It's still possible to return to full mode when required by the situation
In addition to the hardware overheating cutoff (at 120°C) the V4 Triple LED drop-ins implement a 65C (149F) temperature setting at which the output is reduced to prevent lithium battery overheating (when it shares the same housing with the light engines). High-temperature warning is introduced in the stand-by mode (fast red-indicator blinking during which it's not recommended to touch the flashlight head).
- Fully regulated output between 4.8 and 9.5 volts
- Below 4.8v it drops out of regulation and continues running until about 3v
- The output is reduced to 10% when 10% of the cell(s) capacity remains
- Up to 96% efficient driver with 2 lithium ion cells
- Integrated thermal overheating protection at 120C (248F)
- Thermal Management reduces output to 10% at 65C (149F)
- Shock and vibration tolerant materials and components
- Heavy duty positive contact spring
- Solid brass negative contact ring
- Tight fit for best thermal contact with your host
- Shock proof materials, components, and design
- Suitable for use in weapon mounted lights
- Hard anodized black finish for superior thermal emissivity and durability
- 24 gauge mil-spec wire with 19 strand, silver-plated copper conductors, teflon insulated
- Multiple independent LEDs for more output than single LED designs with similar wattage
- This light creates excessive heat
- This light may cause eye damage
- This light may burn the skin at close range.
- This light may cause combustibles to ignite
- This light is not a toy, keep away from children
POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS:
Example of setups using L1 or L3 (high mode) Triple Drop-ins
- Surefire 6P, C2, Z2:
you can run 2xIMR 16340 on L1 or L3 Triples for 20 minutes of runtime
2x16340 not recommended for H1 or H3 Triples
- Bored Surefire C3, 9P, or 6P with extension.
you can run 2 x protected 18500 for about 75 minutes of runtime
IT IS SAFE TO RUN THESE ON 2 X 17500 CELLS
This drop-in runs on 1, but is fully regulated with 2 rechargeable cells
It will give full output with 2 cells until they reach 3.0V each and output is reduced to 10%
With a single lithium cell, It will run at approximately 75% output (800+ lumens) in this configuration.
These are not regulated on 1 cell
A single AW 18650 3100mAh cell will provide about 90 minutes of runtime.
You can run a single 17670 for about 35 minutes.
DO NOT USE 1 or 2 PROTECTED 16340 WITH THESE
Protected 16340 are not recommended at this current draw.
Do not run primary CR123 in these. The boost driver will drain them harder and harder until the cells overheat, and may explode.