Battery Junction - Olight

Thread: Fathers Day Gift

Default Fathers Day Gift

Hi been researching lights for a Dads day gift for a 65 year old. Taking in to consideration he's not to tec savy and just would like him to have an everyday light on him, I came up with a light thats pretty simple/ high lumens and trying to keep it under 50 franklins.

The one light that leads my choice is the Jetbeam BA-20 . Its easy on/off type light with only 2 modes low/high and rated at 270 lumens 2 easy to obtain AA Batteries and am seeing it for around the $ 40.00 range.

Is this a good choice for the reasons stated or is there another light out there that would be a better value.

Thanks

Default Re: Fathers Day Gift

I gave my senior dad a 4Sevens MiniAA last year, the whole modes thing was just more than he could handle - I'd recommend something with a single mode:

Still my all-time favorite senior light, the Fenix E10; built like a revolver handgun, click on/off simplicity, 1xAA with a broad ~60 lumen general use beam.

Klarus P1A or P2A is also a good choice.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Thanx !!! I gotta pull the trigger on light soon but this is getting out of hand. I like the Jetbeam BA'S and also the Klarus P series but then I read about the newer XT series then it turns into the cr123 X series like the xt1c & xt2c then for a few buxx more why not the XT 11 !!!!! LOL It never ends !!!!!!!! Plus im searching for a light for myself as well and keep changing my mind.While the simplicity of the Klarus pa's and the Jetbeam BA's is great, Im really digg'n the dual switch on the new Klarus xt series and dont think its too complex for a senior. Now eagletacs are comming into the equation !!! Unreal !!! Thank you for the suggestions.

The Klarus is very simple to operate. The P series is only two modes (high & Low)
    The XT series is a little more complex and I don't think suited to a senior.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Quote Originally Posted by raygunn View Post
    Hi been researching lights for a Dads day gift for a 65 year old. Taking in to consideration he's not to tec savy and just would like him to have an everyday light on him, I came up with a light thats pretty simple/ high lumens and trying to keep it under 50 franklins.

The one light that leads my choice is the Jetbeam BA-20 . Its easy on/off type light with only 2 modes low/high and rated at 270 lumens 2 easy to obtain AA Batteries and am seeing it for around the $ 40.00 range.

Is this a good choice for the reasons stated or is there another light out there that would be a better value.

Thanks
    Thats awesome, me too. gettin my pops a AA with clip easy to use cheap to run.
    Goingear Fenix ld12 $51.95
    Union Proud IBEW Local 683

TerraLux TLF-3002AA-OR LightStar 300 LED Flashlight, 300 Lumens - Orange - Uses 2 x AA Batteries.. 35 bucks at battery junction. I got mine for 25 when they were on sale a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by raygunn View Post
    ...trying to keep it under 50 franklins.
    50 Franklins (Assuming Benjamin Franklin) = 50 * $100.00 = $5,000.00! That's quite a budget!

Good luck in your search!

Well after alot of research and reccomendations, I went totaly against what I initially wanted for the old man. I needed 3 lights, one for a dads day gift another for a birthday gift for another family member and of course one for me as my 1st real light. I found a deal on 3 lights from a dealer. I got the family 2 Olight M20-S models and for myself I scored a M20S-X. A little advance of a light for a senior ?? Eh....... maybe but its not rocket science plus the attack bezzel is way kool !!! Got the 2 M20S 's for 59 ea and the M20S-X for 69.00. So now I can compare 300 lumens vs 500 lumens and see if I can tell a real difference for myself. The only other lights I own are a Browning 12 lumens pen light and a coast px25 which is 200 lumens. Now I will finally see or not see what a real light is. Thanx for the help on theese forums , Im sure this is the first of many lights !!!!! The Olights should be here on Friday !!!!