• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Where are McGizmos machined?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might be common knowledge, but I was wondering who does the machining for the McGizmo hosts?

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I believe that Don has a local Machine Shop which does the machining though he does have his own lathe which he uses to dream up new products and abuse (in a good way) old products.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Don's shop. IIRC like Jeff and Fred, Don does his own machining?

Doubtful, but my curiosity would like to be satisfied.

I believe that Don has a local Machine Shop which does the machining though he does have his own lathe which he uses to dream up new products and abuse (in a good way) old products.

Hawaii or CA?

nbp

Flashaholic
For some reason I thought it was a shop on the mainland. :shrug:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am confident that I have mentioned before that the titanium components are machined for me by a machine shop. This shop is on the west coast. I provide them with drawings and solid files that I generate on my computer and prove out first by machining a prototype myself, in my shop, on my lathe. Originally I did some prototypes in titanium because I couldn't wait to have the finished product in hand for my own use. But I have since learned that I can wait for the professionally machined part from the shop and save myself a whole bunch of time and often grief! :green: I have developed a great relationship and friendship with the shop owner and some of his family over the years and it is a pleasure doing business with them. They do excellent work. IMHO.

faco

Enlightened
Don, the machine shop does excellent work for us all. You also did a great job for me on your lathe last year on my 123 pak, as long as its you or who you select we are all happy :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for chiming in, Don. I'm sure you have mentioned it in the past, but I couldn't recall.

fyrstormer

Banned
Ah, so the work *is* done in the US? It's great work regardless, but it's an added bonus if it helps prop up the US' manufacturing sector. You know, what with American bridges getting outsourced to China, and whatnot.

nbp

Flashaholic
Maybe Don could pass the name of this shop on to Henry, he's been in need of a good machine shop to do HDS parts for QUITE some time now. :crazy:

fyrstormer

Banned
PrecisionWorks is also looking for a shop that can handle titanium. Though shops in the US that can handle titanium are pretty much all swamped with work for aerospace companies.