Maxpedition - Bags and Packs

Thread: Surefire Z3 question?

Default Surefire Z3 question?

I just received a used Z3 and want to know if all the pieces are correct. It has a Lexan lensed anti-roll bezel and a lock-out tail cap. The tail cap has no markings (i.e. 6, 9, 12z lights) to indicate the model and is a surefire.com version. The serial number has an A prefix and the number is just over 10K. Does this light sound completely original?
    Last edited by jw2n; 06-01-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add info

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Surefire Z3 question?

Sounds just like all my original Z3s.

Yeppers...I concur with Owen!

Yeah, Z3s are not vintage, they replaced 9Zs, and we're an early part of the newer gen models. They were just killed off sooner than the Z2.

Quote Originally Posted by jw2n View Post
    I just received a used Z3 and want to know if all the pieces are correct. It has a Lexan lensed anti-roll bezel and a lock-out tail cap. The tail cap has no markings (i.e. 6, 9, 12z lights) to indicate the model and is a surefire.com version. The serial number has an A prefix and the number is just over 10K. Does this light sound completely original?
    Yes, sounds good.

There are early Z3 models with the "Laser Products" non-www. style tailcaps, and crosshair logo. The later ones tend to have the www. syle tailcap and newer anti roll bezel. Some older ones did have the anti-roll bezel with the pop in lens too.

Flashaholic*

The only Z3's I've seen that I know were completely original are the ones with the Surefire.com tailcap and pop-in lense with anti-roll bezel. Not saying the other types aren't original, but I've never seen Z3's with Laser Products tailcaps though there are probably some very early ones like that while they were still transitioning from the 9Z.
    ampdude

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    The only Z3's I've seen that I know were completely original are the ones with the Surefire.com tailcap and pop-in lense with anti-roll bezel. Not saying the other types aren't original, but I've never seen Z3's with Laser Products tailcaps though there are probably some very early ones like that while they were still transitioning from the 9Z.
    I have this one coming. I would think it would have the Laser Products tailcap but not sure yet. It has the anti-roll bezel with no hot warning.
    I will let you all know when I get it.

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Hello Rat- A great light you have coming. Was this bought on Ebay recently? I've been watching the seller's auctions and saw a beautiful cross-hairs just like this one. I haven't seen another cross-hairs model before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I have this one coming. I would think it would have the Laser Products tailcap but not sure yet. It has the anti-roll bezel with no hot warning.
    I will let you all know when I get it.

cheers

Flashaholic*

I have two that fit that description.

Quote Originally Posted by jw2n View Post
    MD3 | M6CB | Gladius/SSCP4 | A2-HA-WH | A2-HA-YG | A2-BK-WH | Z3/KT2 | M2 | C2 | 6Z | 6P | U2A | K2MS | E2e/KL4 BK | E2DL | E2D | E2L | L2 | Milky ML1/SSCP4 USWOH McR18j | L1-BK-RD | L1-HA-WH | L1-HA-WH Cree | L1-HA-RD | 3P | E1B | E1L | E1E-HA-BK | E1W | 618FA | G2