• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New EDC! WOW! Thanks Don!!!

phoenix.stu

Newly Enlightened
Ok, well let my just start off and say how giddy I am! :woohoo: I am stoked!

This is my first Ti light and why not get one from Don direct! I ended up with a Haiku XP-G. I am more than satisfied!

I am fairly new into the learning and inner functions of all of these lights out there, but no matter how much of a challenge it may have been, I am constantly drawn to McGizmo's!

I recently was the proud recipient of an Starlingear DAB! It turned out really well that Don had a light named the Haiku! These two will be a long time together now!

The light itself is fantastic! The craftsmanship in Don's work is unsurpassed! I am absolutely amazed on the fine details on this, the time spent on it. The tolerances are smooth yet tight on the threads! What a smooth fit! I could not be happier with this! I will indeed carry it with pride! My new EDC! :toxdance:

Ok, enough babble, and on to the pics! Thought I would try a little different set up on my photos! I just HAD to justify the light with a classy shot. Hope you enjoy!

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB3.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB4.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB1.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB2.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB5.jpg

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB6.jpg

And lastly with my Aleph2

McGizmoHaikuSGearDAB7.jpg

Barefootone

Enlightened
Very cool pics especially against the mirror. The mirror gives an added dimension very good composition.
Please, can you tell me where you get the skull beads? I would like to get a few, thanks.
Best wishes,
Jeff

phoenix.stu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot! Thought would try new with mirror and they turned out great. Will do again in future.

As for the beads. They are from Starlingear dot com. They turn up a lot on USN. But you can find on bay as well. Just be careful not to get a fake. Been a recent small development on that. Just check to make sure stamps are clear and you get a warranty cars if possible.
They range around 150-250. Depending on material. Mainly silver. Bronze like above are limited. Copper and ti are also available. You can find them on a couple popular dealer sites. Just search. Starlingear bead

Very cool pics especially against the mirror. The mirror gives an added dimension very good composition.
Please, can you tell me where you get the skull beads? I would like to get a few, thanks.
Best wishes,
Jeff

Barefootone

Enlightened
Thanks a lot! Thought would try new with mirror and they turned out great. Will do again in future.

As for the beads. They are from Starlingear dot com. They turn up a lot on USN. But you can find on bay as well. Just be careful not to get a fake. Been a recent small development on that. Just check to make sure stamps are clear and you get a warranty cars if possible.
They range around 150-250. Depending on material. Mainly silver. Bronze like above are limited. Copper and ti are also available. You can find them on a couple popular dealer sites. Just search. Starlingear bead

Hey phoenix.stu,

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what Starlingear Beads were, not to mention what they cost :crackup:. Albeit I didn't know they are original pieces of art. I'll have to save my money, maybe some day I'll get one.

Thank you,

Jeff