Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: xtar wp2 charger help

Default xtar wp2 charger help

Got this charger today and when plugged in the left side bay led stays red while the right side is green. When 18650's are put in the left channel stays red while the right channel turns from green to red. After charging for 4 hours @ 500mA the battery on the left went from 3.65v to 3.70v the one on the right went from 3.66v to 4.05v. Is the left bay fried or am I doing something wrong? The 18650's are brand new Eagletac 3100mah.

Any help from owners of this charger?

thx

Default Re: xtar wp2 charger help

WP2 II.
    The first and only time Ive used this charger I put in two Xtar 2600's in each bay before I plugged in the power. The LEDs would both be green (self checking) for a few seconds, then both turn red (charging.) The left battery finished a half hour before the right (~2.5 hours) -- it would change from Red (charging) to Green (done charging.) Voltmeter showed 4.22v each fresh off charger (I think the voltmeter's kinda off -- its a cheap one from way long ago.)

thanks kaabob. I am contacting seller about an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbo View Post
    thanks kaabob. I am contacting seller about an exchange.
    I've got one and somethings broken on yours. Hey, it happens. Maybe Chang's old lady was yelling at him the night before, for getting drunk and he was having a bad day when he built yours?

Chris
    Convoy: S2, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

More than likely damaged in shipping. These things do happen on occasion.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Unenlightened

I know this is an old thread but my charger had the same problem, right bay worked fine and the left would blink from red to green non stop.

I took the charger apart and noticed their was some extra solder that could have been touching some connections on the PCB, I knocked that off (pretty much just fell off).

I also noticed that the negative wire for the right bank was being pinched by the plastic shell. I moved that out of the way and bam! both banks working fine now.