xtar wp2 charger help

Maxbo

Newly Enlightened
Got this charger today and when plugged in the left side bay led stays red while the right side is green. When 18650's are put in the left channel stays red while the right channel turns from green to red. After charging for 4 hours @ 500mA the battery on the left went from 3.65v to 3.70v the one on the right went from 3.66v to 4.05v. Is the left bay fried or am I doing something wrong? The 18650's are brand new Eagletac 3100mah.

Any help from owners of this charger?

thx

kaabob

Newly Enlightened
WP2 II.
The first and only time Ive used this charger I put in two Xtar 2600's in each bay before I plugged in the power. The LEDs would both be green (self checking) for a few seconds, then both turn red (charging.) The left battery finished a half hour before the right (~2.5 hours) -- it would change from Red (charging) to Green (done charging.) Voltmeter showed 4.22v each fresh off charger (I think the voltmeter's kinda off -- its a cheap one from way long ago.)

Maxbo

Newly Enlightened
thanks kaabob. I am contacting seller about an exchange.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks kaabob. I am contacting seller about an exchange.

I've got one and somethings broken on yours. Hey, it happens. Maybe Chang's old lady was yelling at him the night before, for getting drunk and he was having a bad day when he built yours?

Chris

Mekks

Newly Enlightened
I know this is an old thread but my charger had the same problem, right bay worked fine and the left would blink from red to green non stop.

I took the charger apart and noticed their was some extra solder that could have been touching some connections on the PCB, I knocked that off (pretty much just fell off).

I also noticed that the negative wire for the right bank was being pinched by the plastic shell. I moved that out of the way and bam! both banks working fine now.