Lux RC
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man, I'm Glad I Got That

Default Re: Man, I'm Glad I Got That

Ted,

You married the beautiful girl next door?
    That is so romantic. How long have the two of you been together?

~ Chance
    Don't worry about your health, it's only temporary.

Man I'm glad I got my first Malkoff! How many can agree with me on that?
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

~

I can agree ... that you seem happy that you got it .

~
    ~ "She" says ... ... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Flashaholic*

Chauncey, naw, nothing that permanent..I'm still single..except for once in a while..

unfortunately my one true love, Joy, was eaten by zombies (some say they were ghouls) in the seventies..there is video of the gruesome event; I posted the link in a near-by thread, may she rest in peace.

ps, is that your real name, or did you read (or watch?)and love "Being There"????
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

Hi Ted,

No. No. Yes, a couple of times. Please explain the ending to me......the walking on the water part.

~ Chance

Sorry to hear about Joy. May she rest in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 22 View Post
    Definite +1 on that.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

From GLOCK's sigline ~ G2 with M61NLLL, 9P with M91N, 6P with Custom M61W XML, E1B/VME/M31 219, VME/M31 ~

+ 1 .....yep they're just like potato chips...really good potato chips.

~ Chance

Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 06-23-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spelling......of course.

Goal Zero Nomad 7 Adventure kit...best solar charging option at a decent price. It's efficient, powerful, and charges 4 AA eneloops, no prob. Got it wet a few times, still workin'. Comes with a car plug adapter as well. Last time I went camping, I brought it, and I was charging in laws Iphones, there r/c air pump, two-way radios...even topped off my next "Man I'm glad I got that!"

Portable power pack. Can jump start a car, has USB ports, two car ports. I ran my base scanner off it for 8 eight hours, and it still had plenty of juice. Great for topping off my rc's for lights, or my two way radios during an extended power outage.

These are just two of the few items that are worth their weight in gold when they are needed.

Hey Chance you forgot my two fav's my E1B/VME/M31 219, and VME/M31 that I switch out back and forth for my EDC lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    From GLOCK's sigline ~ G2 with M61NLLL, 9P with M91N, 6P with Custom M61W XML ~

+ 1 .....yep they're just like potato chips...really good potato chips.

~ Chance

Portable power pack. Can jump start a car, has USB ports, two car ports. I ran my base scanner off it for 8 eight hours, and it still had plenty of juice. Great for topping off my rc's for lights, or my two way radios during an extended power outage.
    Hey AoW,
    what is the size of this? Sounds like a valuable tool. You wouldn't happen to have a pic would ya?

Hey Chance you forgot my two fav's my E1B/VME/M31 219, and VME/M31 that I switch out back and forth for my EDC lights.

Sorry GLOCK 22, oversight corrected.

~ Chance

Flashaholic*

well, Chance, if I may be so bold as to call you that, the walking on water was from the writers pov I believe purely for the entertainment value of surprised delight..from the pov of the story, it says, I believe, that the man was MORE than Christ-LIKE..and meant to provoke wonder..a great ending for the story and the movie I think...and was meant to leave you pondering...he didnt know who he was?..yet in his innocence he was all knowing..

now, to be not ot: get it? got it? glad yet?
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

I was just picking at you, no need to say you're sorry... just trying to get a laugh out of ya.

Sorry GLOCK 22, oversight corrected.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Glock 22; 06-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Pick on, playful banter is always appreciated. To tell you the truth AGLOCK45ISBETTER I was really surprised that I missed the last two.
    That'ill teach me to drink and post.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheLed View Post
    well, Chance, if I may be so bold as to call you that, the walking on water was from the writers pov I believe purely for the entertainment value of surprised delight..from the pov of the story, it says, I believe, that the man was MORE than Christ-LIKE..and meant to provoke wonder..a great ending for the story and the movie I think...and was meant to leave you pondering...he didnt know who he was?..yet in his innocence he was all knowing..

now, to be not ot: get it? got it? glad yet?
    Hi Ted,

Chance it is. ~ "surprised delight" ~ I like that. Your right, it did provoke wonder, and left me pondering. Indeed, a great ending. Thanks for your take on the writing.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpal View Post
    Hey AoW,
    what is the size of this? Sounds like a valuable tool. You wouldn't happen to have a pic would ya?
    Sure, Pal. Here's a pic of it powering my Grundig Shortwave Field Radio and Charging a SF B65 Battery:

That's true a Glock .45 is nice I had one once.

Pick on, playful banter is always appreciated. To tell you the truth AGLOCK45ISBETTER I was really surprised that I missed the last two.
    That'ill teach me to drink and post.

~ Chance

Just more playful banter, I wasn't yelling a Glock 45 is better, I was just foolin about with your username. As far as a 45 being better than a 22, it depends on what you're shooting, and how long you can afford to shoot at it. My bedside armament is an XD45 with an internal laser. The laser is so I don't have to ask the intruder to wait while I put on my glasses.

~ Chance

I am set to get my first also. Good to hear you like it.

...My bedside armament is an XD45...
    I love this piece. When I was shopping, I was on a budget so I didn't get the Springfield. So, my bedside armament is a Taurus 24/7. I gotta say though, it hasn't misfired yet.
    Last edited by Bigpal; 06-23-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Springfield nice. My G22 has the SF X300 on it. I'm glad I put it on my G22 because of the same reason you put your laser on your XD45. It lights up a room perfect, and also kyhunter1 and me like to set up targets at night and shot, it's pretty awesome until you run out of ammo and have to go buy more.

Just more playful banter, I wasn't yelling a Glock 45 is better, I was just foolin about with your username. As far as a 45 being better than a 22, it depends on what you're shooting, and how long you can afford to shoot at it. My bedside armament is an XD45 with an internal laser. The laser is so I don't have to ask the intruder to wait while I put on my glasses.

~ Chance

In the process of moving house and the things I am finding and continually saying - thank christ I got that! As for most of the time I'll be sure that you cant get it these days...

Most of my tools are on the cheapish scale, however great quality and most have lifetime guarantees so thankful for that. Also while were on bikes, my Norco Sasquatch 2006 - absolutely bombproof! However I do have a spot in my heart for the Electra's as I once worked in a bike shop and built about a 1000 of them - not one had an issue going together and not many ever came back with anything more serious than a chewed up derailleur (as they were Shimano Tourney and crap in the first place)...

Quote Originally Posted by Slazmo View Post
    Most of my tools are on the cheapish scale, however great quality and most have lifetime guarantees.......
    Cheap, Great Quality, and Lifetime Guarantees!

Slazmo, I want some new tools, and the ones you have sound perfect! Please provide the name brand.

Thanks much,

~ Chance

Cheap, Great Quality, and Lifetime Guarantees!

Slazmo, I want some new tools, and the ones you have sound perfect! Please provide the name brand. Chance
    Got them at Big W quiet a few years back - as long as I keep my receipt they're warranted... Well more like refundable now as they dont stock them any more... Cant remember the brand as they're not stamped individually, however the box was and thats now lost.

All I know is that they're not Stanley, Cresent or any other fan dangle brand. But they stripped and rebuilt my Mirage, Jimny and other cars and all have stood the test of time and abuse! Something I've found that Sidchrome cant even do these days - snapped a Sidchrome Spanner and also broke a Kinchrome 1/4'' socket wrench...

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    Sure, Pal. Here's a pic of it powering my Grundig Shortwave Field Radio and Charging a SF B65 Battery:

That's nice and compact.

I also couldn't tell you how many times I've used these little puppies:

I just had to grab them for a battery compartment and thought man! I'm glad I got these. So many screws would be utter pains without these.

Enlightened

Springfield nice. My G22 has the SF X300 on it. I'm glad I put it on my G22 because of the same reason you put your laser on your XD45. It lights up a room perfect, and also kyhunter1 and me like to set up targets at night and shot, it's pretty awesome until you run out of ammo and have to go buy more.
    X300 on a Glock 21SF with a pressure pad. The light is awesome. Now if we can only get Gene to make a weapon light........... I may have to try the oveready X300 though, it looks amazing, at least from the beamshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    I'll glad I got my Leef custom 9P body.

Not just because they are no longer available. But the versatility is fantastic when mated with the custom Malkoff M60 LED drop-in inside of it. I not only have a light with an excellent design incorporating both Surefire and Leef. But the output is from an excellently designed drop-in as well. Plus, there's another bonus . . . I can use either 2x18500 rechargeable cells, but also 3xCR123 primaries without having to change the drop-in!

What started out as just a "I want more than one in my collection" sort of thing. Turned into "Man, I'm Glad I got That!"
    Well said. I find my Leef 2x18500 C-C tube very handy for the reasons you state. However, I have found that those bodies will not work with a bored out A19 extension. Something about the Leef tailcap threads too short to make contact with the A19. I bought a custom HAIII A19 from Overready just for use with my Leef and found out they won't work.

A Malkoff weapon light built like the Surefire X300, now that's something that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shurefire View Post
    X300 on a Glock 21SF with a pressure pad. The light is awesome. Now if we can only get Gene to make a weapon light........... I may have to try the oveready X300 though, it looks amazing, at least from the beamshots.

I'm glad I got my permit to carry and my 9mm.

Im glad I finally spent the money and purchased some Bose speakers for my computer.
    Now buy some Klipsch speakers for your computer so you can be glad you got rid of the Bose speakers.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 07-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.

I created this Flashlight ~ Battery chart to help me remember which light can use rechargeable batteries. It had become hard to remember, so I thought why try?
    That's why all of my lights run on 1 or 2 RCR123s, or 1 AA or 1 AAA. There is no way to get the battery types confused.