Man, I'm Glad I Got That

Bigpal

Enlightened
Have you ever uttered that phrase or something similar? Ever almost passed on buying something, ended up getting it, and wondered how you did without it? Has something ever surprised you that you use it so much and it really makes your flashlight related world just a little brighter?

I have said this about a few things. I think that the collective community has the integrity to post what it is that made him or her think that without this becoming an advertisement for anyone. Plus, I think we should see some interesting tools and techniques. I am just curious as to what lights, accessories or anything flashlight related has made you say Man I'm Glad I Got That!

I just thought this about the Intellicharge i4. Why? Because I can just put batteries in it, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about what type of battery, voltage, overcharging, etc. it just makes one of the most common tasks that much simpler.

Last edited:

gollum

Enlightened
well I'm glad I bought every Zebralight I own
they are the smallest lightest most useable lights,they are for mw the perfect balance of quality V's price
I rely on them when I go mountainclimbing and camping and in the car or bike for emergency use etc

the other light related thing I always say 'glad I got that' is the 10 for $5 button lights from DX

I have bought about 70-80 in total so far,they take ages to get flat and they can be stowed anywhere

I gave heaps away to friends and I know 1 saved a life in recent floods.

I think most of us here on CPF are well prepared for emergency situations as we all appreciate the usefulness of lumens

the 3 things I always carry are knife,light,lighter (small Bic,with paracord wrapped and split ring attached)
these are the 3 things that can save your life.yet most people don't have any of them.:thinking:

on another note a thing I always say glad I got it was
Pazzo levers for my motorbike
a decent jet flame lighter
my Omega seamaster Co-Axial chronometer

all the these were relatively expensive but spending $ on things you like or use alot is good value

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Man I'm Glad I Got That!

after buying ANY brand of Headlamp .............

Now you won't get LOCK-JAW from holding a light in your teeth .

( AND you'll stop druelling on what you're working on )

~

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm glad I got my Leef custom 9P body.

Not just because they are no longer available. But the versatility is fantastic when mated with the custom Malkoff M60 LED drop-in inside of it. I not only have a light with an excellent design incorporating both Surefire and Leef. But the output is from an excellently designed drop-in as well. Plus, there's another bonus . . . I can use either 2x18500 rechargeable cells, but also 3xCR123 primaries without having to change the drop-in!

How great is that! Originally I only bought the 2x18500 C-C body because I wanted to have more than just one custom Leef-bodied light. This was during his very last run of custom bodies on Lighthound.com, and I had to have one more. I originally wanted a Leef-bodied M4. Got what I wanted. Just thought it would be a good idea to have one more Leef-bodied light in my collection. Just to have it. Well, my Leef-bodied 9P has surpassed my Leef-bodied M4. It really has. If I switch from primaries to rechargeables and vice-versa, I have to swap the lamp in my M4 as well. Otherwise the output will either be **** poor yellow, or the bulb will explode. Depending on which bulb I'm using with which wrong set of batteries. I pretty much keep the SureFire M61 lamp in it running off of 4xCR123 cells.

But my Leef-bodied 9P is a different story. Plus,with Leef bodies, you get no gap between the bezel and the body with a Malkoff drop-in. None. With a stock 9P body, very slight gap. With a FiveMega body, very noticeable gap.

What started out as just a "I want more than one in my collection" sort of thing. Turned into "Man, I'm Glad I got That!"

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I bought my Zippo lighter, HDS Rotary, Surefire LX2 / Fury / T1A, and did a trade to acquire my Malkoff Houd Dog XM-L.

Last edited:
[h=2]After trying to remember what could go where for a year or two, Man, I'm glad I created this!

~Chance

Christo_pull_hair.gif
Rechargeable Battery Usage Guide For My Lights[/h]
Manufacturer
LEDLumensVoltage RangePrimary BatteryRechargeableLevel/Modes
4Sevens
Quark Mini AA 85+ CRIXP-G CRI2.7 ~ 90< 1.5vAAEneloop7
Quark Mini AA2XP-G R53 ~ 180< 3v2 x AAEneloop7
Quark Mini 123XP-G R53 ~ 189.9 ~ 31 CR123ANo7
Quark X AA2XM-L.3 ~ 280.9v ~ 4.2v2 x AAEneloopTactical 8
Quark Turbo XXM-L.3 ~ 4503v ~ 9v2 x CR123AYes, 2 x 16340Tactical 8
Quark RGB Neutral-WhiteMCE-RGB.4 ~ 1503v ~ 9v2 x CR123AYes, 2 x163408 x 4
Preon ReVoXP-E R21.5 ~ 82.9v ~ 1.5v1 x AAAEneloop6
Surefire
G2 ~ Malkoff M60FXR-E2353.8v ~ 9v2 x CR123AYes, 2 x 163401
G2 ~ CustomLites WarmXM-L T35502.8v ~ 6v2 x CR123ANo3
G3 ~ Malkoff M61XP-G2603.4v ~ 9v3 x CR123ANo1
6P ~ CustomLitesSST-506503.6v ~ 6v2 x CR123AYes, 1 x 186503
Moddoolar
TL65 Triple ~ Cryos 1.1TRP-XPG1,0003v ~ 9.53 x CR123AYes, 2 x 183501
Solarforce
L2 DustBunny BusterDual XP-G5503.6v ~ 6v2 x CR123AYes, 1 x 186503
Spark Headlamp
SD6_460 Neutral WhiteXM-L T5.5 ~ 4601.6v ~ 7.6v2 x CR123A1 X 18650 Only5

Hi All,

I created this Flashlight ~ Battery chart to help me remember which light can use rechargeable batteries. It had become hard to remember, so I thought why try?

Now I'm trying to teach myself how to retain the formatting when posting it here at CPF. Lord only knows what my wife's thinking. She's been watching me for the last couple of hours.

~ Chance
crazy.gif

If you see any mistakes, please let me know.​

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Headlamps! My EDC is now a Zebralight and I keep the headband nearby. If you're doing anything at all more than just walking around in a dark place, a headlamp is incredibly more useful than a handheld light. Rechargeable batteries and smart charger. Changed the entire way I used and thought about my lights, to say nothing of the cost and pollution benefits vs. primaries. One of those portable stowable canopies. What a life saver! Get to a job site and 2 minutes later have cover from the rain or sun. Often times have to add a tarp to one or two sides, as here in Oregon the rain frequently comes in sideways. Great for shooting or picnicing or grilling in the back yard. Set it up in the rain while camping and then have a base of operations to set up the tent under. Once the tent is watertight, move the canopy out in front of the tent and you now have a covered outdoor area. Wish I had room to keep one in each of my trucks.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry folks, that previous post WAS separated point by point. CPF took away all my paragraphs and won't let me edit my post. Go figure.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm glad I bought my Zippo lighter . . .

That reminds me, I need to get an aftermarket butane insert for my Zippo. I don't smoke, and am getting annoyed at the Zippo's one huge disadvantage of evaporating fuel.

Headlamps! My EDC is now a Zebralight and I keep the headband nearby. If you're doing anything at all more than just walking around in a dark place, a headlamp is incredibly more useful than a handheld light.

Rechargeable batteries and smart charger. Changed the entire way I used and thought about my lights, to say nothing of the cost and pollution benefits vs. primaries.

One of those portable stowable canopies. What a life saver! Get to a job site and 2 minutes later have cover from the rain or sun. Often times have to add a tarp to one or two sides, as here in Oregon the rain frequently comes in sideways. Great for shooting or picnicing or grilling in the back yard. Set it up in the rain while camping and then have a base of operations to set up the tent under. Once the tent is watertight, move the canopy out in front of the tent and you now have a covered outdoor area. Wish I had room to keep one in each of my trucks.

~ Chance :cool:

Im glad I finally spent the money and purchased some Bose speakers for my computer.

Last edited:

Bigpal

Enlightened
I have to add the Inova Microlight. For how small that thing is, it is bright. And it's got high, low and flash (or momentary on, programmable). Not too many days go by that I don't use it for something.

I was posting in another thread and reminded myself and thought it deserved a nod.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
man I'm glad I found and mended a hole in my shorts. People aren't looking at me funny anymore!

Man, I'm glad I got this ~
imag0658k.jpg

I bought it for myself, as a Fathers Day gift. I returned home, asked my 15 year old son if he wanted to go on a bike-ride. Away we went, two hours together with no electronic interference. Electra Townie ~ $$$$. A couple hours with my son ~ Priceless.

~ Chance

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Nice old-style chain guard ......

but .. ~ Chance , where's the Helment and body pads ?!

Oh yeah ... and don't forget the Bug-splatter safety glasses !

Big June-bugs ... in the eye ... really hurts !

~

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I'm glad I got this ~
imag0658k.jpg

I bought it for myself, as a Fathers Day gift. I returned home, asked my 15 year old son if he wanted to go on a bike-ride. Away we went, two hours together with no electronic interference. Electra Townie ~ $$$$. A couple hours with my son ~ Priceless.

~ Chance

Love my Electra too...Coaster 3i

7395516022_7e039d25b4_c.jpg

~

Nice old-style chain guard ......

but .. ~ Chance , where's the Helment and body pads ?!

Oh yeah ... and don't forget the Bug-splatter safety glasses !

Big June-bugs ... in the eye ... really hurts !

~

Hi TMG,

While riding with my son yesterday I cracked him up with this information. ~

The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874, but the helmet wasn't mandatory until the early 70's. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

I wear a helmet, and something to protect my eyes while riding.... never know when a bug is going to make a three-point landing in your eye.
:duck:

~ Chance

~ Black Beauty ~ Very cool! :cool:

Hi Tim,

I'm really enjoying the upright riding position. Being 55 and riding with a 15 year old it's a big :twothumbs My gluts are digging the big, padded seat.

Old-School for me,

~ Chance

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
~ Black Beauty ~ Very cool! :cool:

Hi Tim,

I'm really enjoying the upright riding position. Being 55 and riding with a 15 year old it's a big :twothumbs My gluts are digging the big, padded seat.

Old-School for me,

~ Chance

Upright is definitely where it's at, even for a young 46 yr old whipper snapper like me...