The Fenix-Store

Thread: Which to keep? Cyclops apollo? Or Favourlight Mini Lantern variant?

Flashaholic

Default Which to keep? Cyclops apollo? Or Favourlight Mini Lantern variant?

Found these two lanterns at my local Cabela's in the bargain cave at very low prices (9.77ea) plus an extra 15% off, so now the question is, which one would you keep? I already have 2 of the River Rock cool white lanterns, and doing a search on CFP found a beam shot comparison of various lantern here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3085910, a nice review of some lanterns BTW, credit goes to original poster. So, I want to give away one of these to my brother for his birthday:

or

The Cyclops Apollo would fit better into his carry-on for his return trip home, but the eGear lantern may get more use.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks

Greg
    Greetings Professor Falken....

Flashaholic

Double post
    Last edited by damn_hammer; 06-09-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by damn_hammer
    As Many of the egears as are available, and you can spare the money for. No first hand experience with the Apollo, but with direct exposure of emitter the light will blind you than being useful ...
    Last edited by damn_hammer; 06-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: Which to keep? Cyclops apollo? Or Favourlight Mini Lantern variant?

I'd keep the Favourlight. I am guessing the other one takes AAA cells, which are harder to come by in a pinch, and have much less capacity. Also, the Favourlight mini lanterns are built very, very well for their price point.
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Flashaholic

Default Re: Which to keep? Cyclops apollo? Or Favourlight Mini Lantern variant?

I seen that same eGear (Favourlight) for $39.99 yesterday at a local outdoor equipment store ... as a comparison to the deal you've gotten.