Which to keep? Cyclops apollo? Or Favourlight Mini Lantern variant?

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Found these two lanterns at my local Cabela's in the bargain cave at very low prices (9.77ea) plus an extra 15% off, so now the question is, which one would you keep? I already have 2 of the River Rock cool white lanterns, and doing a search on CFP found a beam shot comparison of various lantern here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(pic-heavy)&p=3085910&viewfull=1#post3085910, a nice review of some lanterns BTW, credit goes to original poster. So, I want to give away one of these to my brother for his birthday:

cyclopsIMG_1578.jpg

or
cyclopsIMG_1573.jpg

The Cyclops Apollo would fit better into his carry-on for his return trip home, but the eGear lantern may get more use.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Greg

damn_hammer

Enlightened
damn_hammer said:
As Many of the egears as are available, and you can spare the money for. No first hand experience with the Apollo, but with direct exposure of emitter the light will blind you than being useful ...

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd keep the Favourlight. I am guessing the other one takes AAA cells, which are harder to come by in a pinch, and have much less capacity. Also, the Favourlight mini lanterns are built very, very well for their price point.