Recommend Something Like the Blackhawk Gladius

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
While at a fast food restaurant for lunch today, I was in line with a Sherriff. I inquired about the light on his belt. He had a Blackhawk Gladius and let me play with it a little. I was temptd to ask about his gun, but doubt he was gong to let me play with that also. Anyway, I liked the size and feel of the Blackhawk Gladius. This is an old discountinued model. What else is out there with a similar look and feel?

Bogie

Enlightened
My EDC of lights progressed from a Surefire L2 - Gladius - Surefire Fury
Theses are similar sized and all run on 2 cells the Surefire's are 2 stage switches (Hi/Lo) the Gladius was adjustable. the Newer LX2 or Fury would be my choice.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have an old war scarred Gladius, still in its duty belt holster. Its sort of retired, but it does watch duty in one downstairs room in case needed, etc.

Its a heavy duty MoFo. Not as bright as modern stuff I have, but, for in a room as a back up, its fine. :D

I have a SF Fury too, and they don't feel a like at all to me at least. The Fury is a LOT brighter, and has the tail button and not a rotary dial, etc....plus the Gladius is larger and heavier feeling. I haven't weighed/measured them, but that how they felt to me.

Except for the Gladius rotary tail cap, and the C2's "wasp waist"the Gladius feels to me more like my SF C2 if I had to pick something that reminded me of it in my hands.

My C2 has one of Vihn's drop ins and a McClicky, so its pumping out ~ 1,000 lumens, well over ten times what it did when new.

:D

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
i have both gladius moded to 400 lumens like Insight H2X Typhoon and thrunite scorpion V2.
I prefer the thrunite scorpion.