rambo180

Enlightened
This is what i would like my flashlight to be:

around 4 or 5 inches
80+ lumens
under $80
preferably AA or AAA batteries but doesnt have to be
any ideas? im new to flashlights

go to shiningbean and buy a romisen for the budget option. go to goinggear and do a flashlight search for a quality option.

willydigger

Newly Enlightened
JetBeam BA10 for a AA. 180 lumen high/12 low, 4inches long x 1 inch diameter. ~$38.

JetBeam BC10 for a cr123a. 270 lumen high/30 low, 3.5 x 1. ~$39.

No flashy strobe function, just low and high. Tail clicky for easy use. Belt clip is okay not great, but for the light and price it is awesome. I personally own the BC10 and love it. 270 is bright! I generally keep it on 30L. The run time is fine and cr123's can be found at Home Depot, Walmart, etc. The BA10 should be perfect for your requirements. There is no need to spend $80.

Here is a pic of my BC10 with a JetBeam RRT-0 clip. This particular clip has a deeper carry than the BC10 clip. You can buy it separately if you like for about $5-10 USD.
WSSMHAllBC10.jpg

zenbeam

Enlightened
+1 on the JETBeam BC10 and another excellent EDC choice would be the EagleTac D25C (twisty version pictured - before I clicky-verted it) which runs on 1xCR123A. The EagleTac D25C with the XP-G S2 LED has up to 209 lumens OTF (out the front) and, like the JETBeam, also comes in a AA flavor the D25A with around 120 lumens OTF depending on which LED you choose - either of which run around $55 in the newer rear clicky versions.

I wind up carrying my EagleTac D25C more just because it is a bit smaller than the JETBeam BC10, but I really like my JETBeam BC10 a lot and recently acquired a holster that works incredibly well for it. BTW - the EagleTacs come with d very nicely made rigid holsters - but you do sort of pay for that given the somewhat higher premium.

SAM_0041.jpg

There are tons to choose from, but these just happen to be what I can speak to because I own them - and happen to find them of very high quality and usefulness.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what i would like my flashlight to be:

around 4 or 5 inches
80+ lumens
under $80
preferably AA or AAA batteries but doesnt have to be
any ideas? im new to flashlights

:welcome:
you're pretty easy going, you need to be more picky. right now i could name 100 different lights from 20 different brands that will fit your criteria.
here are some brands that make single AA lights that you might want to look into.
in no particular order....
Fenix
zebralight
sunwayman
foursevens
spark
thrunite
inova
eagletac
icon

rambo180

Enlightened
battery type would be a good thing to narrow down on. and specify a price as well. you won't need to pay $80 for a reasonable AA flashlight, unless you want top of the line.

jerry999

Newly Enlightened
JetBeam BA10 for a AA. 180 lumen high/12 low, 4inches long x 1 inch diameter. ~$38.

JetBeam BC10 for a cr123a. 270 lumen high/30 low, 3.5 x 1. ~$39.

No flashy strobe function, just low and high. Tail clicky for easy use. Belt clip is okay not great, but for the light and price it is awesome. I personally own the BC10 and love it. 270 is bright! I generally keep it on 30L. The run time is fine and cr123's can be found at Home Depot, Walmart, etc. The BA10 should be perfect for your requirements. There is no need to spend $80.

Here is a pic of my BC10 with a JetBeam RRT-0 clip. This particular clip has a deeper carry than the BC10 clip. You can buy it separately if you like for about $5-10 USD.
WSSMHAllBC10.jpg

Willydigger, where did you get the wooden skulls from ?

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I'm bias, and in the tank for Fenix... LD20 and LD22 are both two AA lights

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I really like the EagleTac D25A clicky, or the D25C clicky if you want to use CR123A, still Titanium editions available on the former as well.

Another few AA lights I wouldn't mind EDC-ing (randomly picked):
- Sunwayman M10A or V10A (runtime vs variable setting)
- Zebralight SC51/H51 (warm available)
- Fenix LD10/LD12
- Olight i2

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
How would you like to carry these lights as well. Would you prefer a clip so you can keep the light clipped into your pocket or on your belt, or would you like to carry it with a lanyard attached so you can keep the light around your wrist and still use both your hands.