Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenix TK45 in Prometheus

Flashaholic

Default Re: Fenix TK45 in Prometheus

Quote Originally Posted by JulianP View Post
    I just came back from Prometheus too, still laughing about people using the Fenix TK45 in 2091. I told my 14 year old daughter 'that flashlight is 81 years old!' and we both laughed in the cinema. My daughter knows my madness, but other people didn't understand why we were laughing. Anyhow, it was clear why the flashlight couldn't light up the cave. Three XPGs just can't do it. By 2091 tiny flashights (AAA size) will light up the whole area, and possibly double as light sabres.
    They should have used the Led Lenser X7R !

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/media/.../7/x7r_afs.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 12-15-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Flashaholic*

you really like the LL X7R huh? you can't help but comment on it in other threads.....+-
    my typin is bad and my speeling is evenworse...

Flashaholic

Not just the Led Lenser X7R, but also the Coast HP17.

Both are great lights.

It's a shame there not spoken of, more often.

You guys are awesome. I noticed by tk45 and the continuity error too. Mentioned it to my wife who just smiled.

I thought the film was decent. Made for some good conversation afterwards. Not as fun as alien/aliens but quite good.

I knew it! I just watched Prometheus yesterday and I could have swore that flashlight I was seeing was the Tk45. I'm glad I found this thread.

On a side note, the movie definitely has a lot of references from all those 80s-90s movies like Alien, Predator, The Thing, Species, etc. It was interesting though. lol
    2 2D MagLites: 4D Mag/6Cree Q5 led drop-in: MiniMag 2AA: 2 3AAA Fenix TK11 R5

Quote Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
    I wonder how many of you flashaholics went to see the movie just to see the TK45.
    That would be me

i haven't posted here in awhile and i'm a huge fan of the Alien trilogy (the fourth one will never count). its kinda sad that i'm just now seeing Prometheus but its playing as we speak. right now Charlize Theron is doing pushups half naked...looks like they must keep that ship pretty cold. just saw the goofy flashlight a few minutes ago and decided to google fenix tk45 and prometheus...imagine my lack of surprise that the first thing google comes up with is a thread from CPF. i love this place, no way i could express my interest in seeing that flashlight in this movie and have anybody i mention it to give a damn. nice to connect w/ flashaholics. late.
    The lights we own end up owning us...
    Best brands: UltraFire, SacredFire, TrustFire, SpiderFire, StarFire, SuperFire, Yes-Pres-Obama-We-would-love-to-refinance-your-country-Fire & Surefire...in that order. But NOT UniqueFire. They can suck it!

The flashlight is much better than the movie.

I enjoyed Alien & Aliens, but didn't care for the two that followed. I had very high hopes for Ridley Scott doing Prometheus... and was disappointed. The movie had so much potential to be great, and fell miserably short. So much unbelievable stupidity and sub par dialog. SFX was great, though.
    Lights in my rotation: Nitecore EA4 | Surefire U2 | Novatac EDC-120P | Olight M20 R5 | Fenix P3D-Q5, PD30. L0D-Q4 | Regal WT1 | Pila GL3/D26

Lol, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was, "Really?!!! Oh, right... directors and screenwriters are most definitely NOT flashaholics. To THEM, it's a cool, futuristic looking light". Same reaction I had when Neo pulled out a Mini Disc in The Matrix as a futuristic data storage component. I LOL'ed thinking to myself, "What? Is he selling pirated music?".

The TK45 would be like a cutting edge, state of the art scientific expedition right now using those shiny ribbed metal 2C flashlights from the 1930's that are barely brighter than a Solitaire.

80-90 years from now, I'd expect a light the size of a Streamlight Nano with the output of a TK70, but then the movie would lose that atmospheric 'what's out there in the dark' sense of drama with cutting edge illumination turning the darkness to daylight.

I sure hope they discover the anti aging pill, not the least because I'd love to see flashlight (and other) tech at the turn of the next millennium. Probably won't even be using LEDs by then.

Max
    Last edited by bluemax_1; 03-05-2013 at 05:39 AM.

^ FYI, it won't be a pill per se, but nano medical-bots that travel throughout your system, repairing cellular and DNA defects and rewriting your DNA to keep the aging triggers to a minimum, within repairable feasibility. The ideal would be to have these in your system by your late 20's, and as your indoctrination age increases your ability to "recover" youthful characteristics diminishes. The only trouble is that they'll then have to enact age limits, kind of like Logan's Run, or else we'll have some serious overpopulation problems.
    Lights in my rotation: Nitecore EA4 | Surefire U2 | Novatac EDC-120P | Olight M20 R5 | Fenix P3D-Q5, PD30. L0D-Q4 | Regal WT1 | Pila GL3/D26

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    ^ FYI, it won't be a pill per se, but nano medical-bots that travel throughout your system, repairing cellular and DNA defects and rewriting your DNA to keep the aging triggers to a minimum, within repairable feasibility. The ideal would be to have these in your system by your late 20's, and as your indoctrination age increases your ability to "recover" youthful characteristics diminishes. The only trouble is that they'll then have to enact age limits, kind of like Logan's Run, or else we'll have some serious overpopulation problems.
    A little off topic, but telomerase research indicates it may be possible to not only stall, but potentially reverse the effects of aging. The downside at this time is the increased risk if cancer.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    ^ The only trouble is that they'll then have to enact age limits, kind of like Logan's Run, or else we'll have some serious overpopulation problems.
    A bit off topic but..Experts believe that if you stop people aging, they won't feel a need to have children.
    Malo odiat lux (Latin proverb - Evil hates light)

^ We won't really know until we're there. No telling how emotional states will be affected. The need to breed is a very deeply rooted drive (although some people have the ability to sidestep it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12