• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Final edition three stage Aeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Why didn't Enrique start a thread about this here?

It sounds good but I'd be interested to hear from him on this as he has been silent thus far.

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
I had asked him as a favor for my readers. He and I communicated over email and the link will serve as the interest list.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: Tony from EDC Commentary asked me if I would please do another run of Aeons as a last batch, and I told him that if he found enough interest in it that I'd be willing to look into it when I have some time in a month or so - his post is legitimate, though it probably would have been more appropriate in a different forum since nothing is actually being sold. I'm a little too busy to be running a thread right now due to responsibilities in my "non-flashlight" life, but I will poke in here every couple of days and answer any questions, or you can e-mail me at [email protected].

beach honda: No on the rechargeables.

Also, in general I don't like locking myself into specific courses of action since plans can and sometimes do change. I didn't name this the "Final Edition", though I don't really have plans to continue with the Aeon afterwards, so I guess it's not technically incorrect at present. :shrug: Point being - buy the light because you like what's being offered as opposed to some idea of exclusivity or otherwise.

Take care folks.

Enrique

Last edited:

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
"Final Edition" was my name, which I guess I should have run by Enrique first. It came about after about thirty people emailed me asking if we could get together to do order a "final edition" of an Aeon. Its Enrique's light and his design, so he should call it whatever he wants. I apologize if I stepped on toes. Also, if this is in the wrong place, mods, please let me know.

Either way, a three stage Aeon, final edition or not, will be pretty awesome.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever, as might be expected, "I'm in" or "I'm INterested"---depending on the reality of this, I want to be on the list should one develop followed by a light!

Karl

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique,

Is there a mistake on everydaycommentary ? Will you really use an XP-E instead of the XR-E ? (I.E. no more rigny beam ?)

Hamaremon

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tony,
I often visit your site, but I've never posted there, so I hope that it's ok to express my interest here.

I'm a big fan of Enrique's work, and I'd love to get one of these. I'd like to have more clarification on the specs,
etc., whenever Enrique has time to post, but in any case, I'm 99% sure I want in!

With this and the Orca coming (sooner than later, I hope!) I may break the wallet, but I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a mistake, XR-E will be used.

:mecry:

I've always dreamed of a floodier an brighter Aeon. Muyshondt work is AAA+++ but this led is completely outdated.

Enrique. PLEASE, at least try a proto with a Nichia 219 high-CRI... it might convince you...

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
derfyled: Sorry, that's simply not in the cards unfortunately. I got asked to do another batch of Aeons before I retired them; I do not have the time to spend months redesigning and testing the entire optical and mechanical system of the head at this time; If I did it would be an Aeon Mk. II or otherwise, which this isn't. This is basically a last call for folks who wanted an Aeon and missed out, and with a nice addition to the driver.

New lights with new LEDs, features, or otherwise will come at some point in the future when I have the time to test and release them, but that's a way's off and not the point of this batch.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I am SO SO in. My Aeon has been in my pocket daily for years, and this one will be a welcome addition, even if I have to sell something (things) to get in on it.

Edit: For some reason that site is blocked for me. I am willing to commit right now to this. Any other way to get my name on the list? Feel free to PM.

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely interested, but I'd be in for sure if the LED was going to be updated.

persco

Enlightened
It won't be updated, Enrique just made that clear in his post. I don't mind the current LED, it's a very nice beam and tint, one of the things I love about my Aeon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.