What no chatter about the ThruNite "King of Flood"? 3,000 lumens and so on.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey TEEJ you must be into lights (hands it to him) :D

Check out Level 6 at the 3:34 mark.

d296682.jpg

i2iqdj.jpg

14b55w4.jpg

34qsbyq.jpg

2r2rbxw.jpg

Last edited:

weineck

Newly Enlightened
Re: What no chatter about the ThruNite "King of Flood"? 3,000 lumens and so on.

I hardly ever post but I had to say I got my TN30 a couple of weeks ago, and LOVE IT! Insanely bright yet can dial all the way down to 1 lumen with the control ring. Despite being advertised as a flood light it still throws a fair distance too, a very useful beam overall.

First time I've purchased a ThruNite but it won't be the last...

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^I've never seen anyone so concerned about a raccoon. It isnt as if they will lie in wait and launch a brutal attack on humans! The only way they will attack you is if you completely corner one where it cannot get away, like down in the stairs leading to a basement or something, then you go down in there with the raccoon and try and pick it up or attack it, then you'll get bitten. Otherwise, no.........

As far as the light is concerned, its hard to tell how good its throw is, because he was pointing it downward almost the whole video, and the only time he lifted it up and pointed it outward on high, the range was only 100 feet or so. Any quality LED light with half decent throw will throw a beam 100 feet with only 30-100 lumens. It would've been nice if he had gone somewhere nearby and shined it on a target that was a couple/few hundred yards away.

But it did seem that it would have at least semi-decent throw.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast

@HooNz - Sorry for the low volume, I was intentional as it was very late and a few campers were already asleep nearby my tent.

@Highlander - That's presuming they aren't rabid and would react normally. Even when not rabid, you've obviously not dealt with 'burb raccoons as they simply aren't afraid of humans due to their constant close contact and will and have attacked even when not provoked (yup, city slicker and guilty as charged). ;)

As for the throw, you're taking the video out of context. As I had explained (in the videos referenced in the description), it wasn't my intent to concentrate on the throw. That's already been done in this thread. The focus of the video was more about the lower outputs and use around the campsite (which yes would entail mostly shining on the ground to navigate paths). While nice to have, there simply isn't a need for all that much ouput during camping. I figured given most reviews have thus far focused on the high output, I'd cover the other end.

There is this (poorly made) video out to 75m. I do however plan on further long distance videos in the future.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

@HooNz - Sorry for the low volume, I was intentional as it was very late and a few campers were already asleep nearby my tent.

@Highlander - That's presuming they aren't rabid and would react normally. Even when not rabid, you've obviously not dealt with 'burb raccoons as they simply aren't afraid of humans due to their constant close contact and will and have attacked even when not provoked (yup, city slicker and guilty as charged). ;)

As for the throw, you're taking the video out of context. As I had explained (in the videos referenced in the description), it wasn't my intent to concentrate on the throw. That's already been done in this thread. The focus of the video was more about the lower outputs and use around the campsite (which yes would entail mostly shining on the ground to navigate paths). While nice to have, there simply isn't a need for all that much ouput during camping. I figured given most reviews have thus far focused on the high output, I'd cover the other end.

There is this (poorly made) video out to 75m. I do however plan on further long distance videos in the future.

Cheers,
Tim

Ahh this was your video. Checked out your TN30 thread as well.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-ThruNite-TN30-Review-(3-x-XM-L-U2-3-x-18650)

Awesome review. Your reviews are almost surreal :D

Hope ThruNite gives you a free light for this.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

hey TEEJ you must be into lights (hands it to him) :D

Check out Level 6 at the 3:34 mark.

Please, hand me one, I'll shoot a ton of beam shots.

:D

And - Yeah TurboBB's reviews are amazing. His photographs look like they are from a catalogue.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

^^I've never seen anyone so concerned about a raccoon. It isnt as if they will lie in wait and launch a brutal attack on humans! The only way they will attack you is if you completely corner one where it cannot get away, like down in the stairs leading to a basement or something, then you go down in there with the raccoon and try and pick it up or attack it, then you'll get bitten. Otherwise, no.........

As far as the light is concerned, its hard to tell how good its throw is, because he was pointing it downward almost the whole video, and the only time he lifted it up and pointed it outward on high, the range was only 100 feet or so. Any quality LED light with half decent throw will throw a beam 100 feet with only 30-100 lumens. It would've been nice if he had gone somewhere nearby and shined it on a target that was a couple/few hundred yards away.

But it did seem that it would have at least semi-decent throw.

I'm actually motivated about this light because it's emphasis is flood.

There is a ThruNite Catapult V3 "King of Throw" however.....

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I'm actually motivated about this light because it's emphasis is flood.

There is a ThruNite Catapult V3 "King of Throw" however.....

LOL

Throw is sexy, but, rarely that useful except in limited circumstances. Flood is useful almost all the time, except in limited circumstances.

Essentially, you date throw, but marry flood.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please, hand me one, I'll shoot a ton of beam shots.

And - Yeah TurboBB's reviews are amazing. His photographs look like they are from a catalogue.

Seriously, you adding this one to your list?
d296682.jpg

http://razzi.me/photos/594533-tn_tn30_40-1280x960/size

This blows the RRT-3 XML right out of the water.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

10 char

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cheers,
Tim

Looking at your soccer field comparison video I have to say I am a little dismayed at the TN30's beam pattern. It is bright but a bit ugly because of those overlapping reflectors.

ThruNite TN31 - 1:32
XTAR S1 (prod) - 2:09
Sunwayman T40CS - 3:08
ThruNite TN30 - 4:02
Niteye EYE30 / EYE25 - 5:11 / 5:55
ThruNite TN 11 (2 x 18650) - 6:43
NITECORE TM11 - 7:19
Sunwayman V60C - 8:07
SureFire M3LT (MC-E) - 8:48
Klarus XT20 - 9:38
Lighten7 Max L2A - 10:25
Dereelight DBS V2 (w/UF XM-L) - 11:07

Incredibly informative video. Thanks turboBB.

The NiteEye Eye-30 & Eye-25 beam pattern looks the most uniform with a smooth falloff from the hot spot thanks to independent reflectors for each LED.