BlackShadow
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

  1. #31

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Thanks for sharing!

  2. #32
    Flashaholic FlashLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Hello.
    I have Klarus XT11 and RS11.The RS11 is heavier and bigger but I use it more just because of its easier pressing the buttons.RS11 is not tactical as XT11 because the best place for a switch of a tactical flashlight is the tail of the flashlight.But I feel the switch of RS11 more precise and comfortable for every day use.Once I had to do quickly two short momentary blinks for signal with XT11 but because of the harder pressing the buttons I can't press momentary precise enough and I switched to constant-It wasn't good in the situation .
    RS11 is perfect for using momentary and can be used momentary for all 3 light levels.
    The only not very comfortable thing is the time for memory mode.3 seconds is too long and you need to remember it if you don't want to have a problems with UI.
    I avoid accidentally switching the flashlight in the holster as I stick it with the buttons to the corner of the holster and I don't have problems.
    Just remember a few specific things about RS11 and you will be very happy with the flashlight.

  3. #33
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    3 seconds for mode change is waaaay too long. Also, while many other manufacturers are understanding the market by hiding the strobe mode which only a few actually use at all, this light makes strobe way too easy to inadvertently activate. Making better use of the dual buttons without dedicating one button just for strobe (which is just too unusual for me) would make this light much much better. But as it stands now with one button dedicated just for strobe, no way. The UI on this light really needs to change.

    The recharger port, however, seems good. Just change it to a higher-amperage recharger by making it to plug into a regular wall socket. The USB is too low an amperage source.
    Last edited by carl; 11-11-2012 at 01:58 AM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  4. #34
    Flashaholic FlashLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    3 seconds for mode change is waaaay too long. Also, while many other manufacturers are understanding the market by hiding the strobe mode which only a few actually use at all, this light makes strobe way too easy to inadvertently activate. Making better use of the dual buttons without dedicating one button just for strobe (which is just too unusual for me) would make this light much much better. But as it stands now with one button dedicated just for strobe, no way. The UI on this light really needs to change.

    The recharger port, however, seems good. Just change it to a higher-amperage recharger by making it to plug into a regular wall socket. The USB is too low an amperage source.
    It's not so easy to inadvertently hit the strobe switch.Never happened to me.
    Using low voltage always is more safe.AC/DC converter can't fit in the tail cap.USB charging is the most used in electronic devices.
    There are USB for higher amperage,but not all users have such.

  5. #35
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    flashlion - thanks for your answers.

    Do you prefer the dedicated strobe button as-is or would you prefer both buttons to perform various multiple functions or.....? If you had your choice, what would each button do?
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  6. #36
    Flashaholic FlashLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    flashlion - thanks for your answers.

    Do you prefer the dedicated strobe button as-is or would you prefer both buttons to perform various multiple functions or.....? If you had your choice, what would each button do?
    I like it as is.When I grab the flashlight the main button is always under my finger.I never hit the strobe button inadvertently-it is lower and shorter and is harder to press it.
    One thing I don't like so much is the 3 sec time for remembering the last used mode.
    The main button for ON/OFF and the second for changing mode is good variant,but we can't change the UI and I enjoy it such as it is.I like to use the strobe even for fun.

  7. #37
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Quote Originally Posted by flashlion View Post
    I like to use the strobe even for fun.
    LOL!

    Even if the AC/DC converter can't fit into the tailcap, can't the AC/DC converter be made an integral part of the external (recharger cable/USB plug) rather than an integral part of the tailcap? Thanks
    Last edited by carl; 11-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  8. #38
    Flashaholic FlashLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: *New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    LOL!

    Even if the AC/DC converter can't fit into the tailcap, can't the AC/DC converter be made an integral part of the external (recharger cable/USB plug) rather than an integral part of the tailcap? Thanks
    All is possible.
    Just,using the USB port is easier and safer,and we charge cellphones,music players,digital cameras from USB.It's convenient.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •