*New* Klarus RS-11 Dual Switch Inductive Rechargeable 620 loombems!

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thoughts?

ndfeo.jpg

15ojlsm.jpg

30svggl.jpg

fs27s.jpg

2qu82kj.jpg

2aj2l3p.jpg

6sdg7t.jpg

14wydk8.jpg

2lblzkg.jpg

Klarus offering stock options yet?

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks good but why limit one of only two buttons to just accessing strobe mode? Surely a better design would have been one button for on/off and the other for cycling through modes and with a long press of it from on or off accessing strobe?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two button modes are a major Klarus selling point and design trademark.

You *have to* try it, to understand. There's no going back. :D

I just noticed that these also have different elevations. Nice work Klarus.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
how are you gonna hold that with a pistol?

they should've placed the magsafe err charging jack near the neck and stuck with their good old tailcap switches

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
how are you gonna hold that with a pistol?

they should've placed the magsafe err charging jack near the neck and stuck with their good old tailcap switches

Probably geared for a different market. Still in the same output class as the XT11 which serves a more "tac" purpose.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened

Must say after I bought my dad a xt 10 on sale and tried the dual tail button, it is awesome ui. They have a patent on it? Or us it too general to patent I wonder.

kj2

Flashaholic
Looks good :) but will be a floody beam I think. 620lumens, 160meters, 7200cd - are not very impressive numbers.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good enough for EDC. But yes, for this size and features like most lights in this class these numbers won't =! a car head lamp, yet. :D

Will need improvements to the base tech before we can start exploring new heights in output.

I'd say this is Klarus' best looking light so far (sans performance). The XT11 a close 2nd.

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they would make clip similar to EagleTac-FourSevens-O light with a screw down ring to lock it. Then they would have the best lights on the market. Otherwise they come really close. I will get one anyway for myself.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
seems like a xt11 with a charging port, I dont mind pulling the batteries out to charge them, not really worth the money to me

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not arguing with that. I agree that a two button tailcap is a good ui. I just don't see why one button does on/off and the modes, while the other is only used for strobe. That isn't how the XT11 and XT10 work, they have one button for on/off and the other for mode switching and strobe, which allows for 'tactical'/momentary on. The set-up on this one as described in the OP seems like it wouldn't allow that anymore.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not arguing with that. I agree that a two button tailcap is a good ui. I just don't see why one button does on/off and the modes, while the other is only used for strobe. That isn't how the XT11 and XT10 work, they have one button for on/off and the other for mode switching and strobe, which allows for 'tactical'/momentary on. The set-up on this one as described in the OP seems like it wouldn't allow that anymore.

Why do you think the strobe button doesn't have secondary functions as well?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'd figure that this light was meant to be non-tactical if they drop the tail switch UI, albeit you could use it with a pistol if you modify the grip....but that means re-learning for adopters...

...and a it has memory, that more or less precludes serious tactical use.

Also losing the pressure switch port drops it from weapon light use-fullness as well.

This might be their attempt to have a light that had the power and beam profile of the XT11, without the tactical UI that LIMITED its appropriateness for NON-tactical users.

IE: The XT11 is a bad choice if you want it to NOT come on in high (Like in your tent), and a GOOD choice if you NEED it come on in high (Tactical use) - so the RS11 is for those who want to use the XT11-ish light for camping too, etc.

I'd have dropped strobe for this version...but, leaving it on there does make the light appeal to the Tacti-Cool crowd too.

:D

As for the specs, the XT11, etc, was not meant to be a thrower, it was meant to light up the entire area so you knew who to shoot first, without having to scan around like you're looking through a paper towel tube first...to see every one out there, etc.

:D

Norm

Retired Administrator
I think it looks great for a non flashaholic (will appeal to flashaholics too) who is after a high end torch without getting into buying battery chargers and other clutter.

Norm

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I think it looks great for a non flashaholic (will appeal to flashaholics too) who is after a high end torch without getting into buying battery chargers and other clutter.

Norm
that makes sense as long as they include batteries for the non flashaholic

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its an XT-11 in traditional form. Just also has the ability to charge the battery in place. Almost like a traditional Streamlight without the cradle.

Several manufacturers have lights with built in charging. Klarus needs to remain competative with all the others.