Olight diffuser ... List your compatible lights, thanks!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
OLIGHT sells a diffuser lens for their T series and calls it "filter" (white, green, blue, red). Light junction lists them with the following specs
  • Inside Diameter: 21.4mm~21.7mm, 25.0mm~25.5mm
  • Outside Diameter: 29mm
  • Length: 18.8mm

Has anyone tried it on different flashlights, maybe on some Klarus, Jetbeam, Eagletac, Quark, .. ?
Please share how well it fits your different lights, thanks!! For example, on Amazon the 1 user review says that it doesnt fit very well on the Olight T10: the diffuser would fall off too easily under normal usage.

archimedes

Flashaholic
These are nice diffusers, but do run a bit large for several flashlights with "one-inch" bezels ....

To fix these from being too loose ( and easily slipping off the bezel ), someone on the forum had suggested using PlastiDip ( or similar "liquid plastic coating" ) to coat the inside. I can't remember where this was posted, or who first suggested it ( sorry :) ... ) , but this works great.

The key is to add a very thin layer at a time and let dry fully before checking the fitment. Using a brush to paint this inside the cap is the easiest technique, with the most control of the amount added per layer. You can then keep going until the fit is as snug as desired.

Thus modified, this diffuser is now perfect for my Ra 170T ... and can even be reversed (placed over the tailswitch), to permit tail-standing :D

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
On another diffuser related topic, I bought my Eagletac G25 C2 without the optional 'kit' that included a flip-top diffuser, with additional colored filters that can be installed. It looks pretty nice, and I figured if I needed it, I'd buy it later, but I dont see it for sale separately. Would the diffuser listed in the OP fit the G25 C2, or does anyone know where or if you can buy the Eagletac diffuser kit separately?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
if one wants to use it on several flashlights (with differing bezel diameters), one could tape the bezel with Scotch adhesive film to increase the effective bezel diameter. yes, the only drawback is its dimension compared to the rest of the light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
if one wants to use it on several flashlights (with differing bezel diameters), one could tape the bezel with Scotch adhesive film to increase the effective bezel diameter. yes, the only drawback is its dimension compared to the rest of the light.

While multiple wraps of tape on the bezel would also work, I was reluctant to try that for a few reasons. I find that my rolls of tape often pick up dust and grime on the edges from the adhesive, and the "layers" of tape-wrap often slide around relative to each other (especially if it gets hot, like they might on a flashlight bezel). I'd also rather not have to deal with sticky residue on the light, either, if I decide to remove the tape .... :)