Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please recommend me a nice 18650 battery

Flashaholic

Default Re: 18650 battery suggestions

I reckon that most people in the know would tell you to get the AW ones. I myself have got a Soshine charger that takes four 18650's at once, at it has four separate channels that charge at 1 amp and it is exactly like this one here and this is also where I purchased it from, however just like the seller I am located in Australia too. It also comes supplied with a handy car charging lead too. It has actually worked really well for all my 18650 charging requirements and so I can highly recommend it!

P.S. I also got all my 18650's from the same place and I can highly recommend them, however because you are in the USA and they are in Australia it may not be any good to you.
    Last edited by Phil Ament; 07-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Get 4 Eagletac 3100ma.

Callie's Kustoms 3100mah or AW / I think Panasonic has A 3400 or higher cell out

I personally like the Callies Kustom's 3100ma. But they are many panasonic resellers that offer a cheaper price and maybe just as good. Check out member HKJ batterry test.
    For charging I like the hobby charger for its broad versatility. You can charge several batteries at once or just one. You can check capacity and voltage sag at given currents. You can set the charge rate low to extended the life of the batteries or you can increase the charge rate to max (Battery Manufacter recommended Max) if you need the batteries charged up as soon as possible. And can charge almost all rechargable battery chemistries. Very versatile. If you are only going to charge li-ion's there are several other option's which maybe better or easier. The hobby charger requires a little learning curve to operate, nothing to hard to understand though. Pretty simple to learn actually. I like the all in one hobby charger. Hobbyking has several to look at. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by moderator007; 07-29-2012 at 11:00 AM.

+1 on the hobby charger

Redilast, AW, Orbtronic, EagleTac, KeepPower all show similarly great results in tests.

Quote Originally Posted by moderator007 View Post
    I personally like the Callies Kustom's 3100ma. But they are many panasonic resellers that offer a cheaper price and maybe just as good. Check out member HKJ batterry test.
    For charging I like the hobby charger for its broad versatility. You can charge several batteries at once or just one. You can check capacity and voltage sag at given currents. You can set the charge rate low to extended the life of the batteries or you can increase the charge rate to max (Battery Manufacter recommended Max) if you need the batteries charged up as soon as possible. And can charge almost all rechargable battery chemistries. Very versatile. If you are only going to charge li-ion's there are several other option's which maybe better or easier. The hobby charger requires a little learning curve to operate, nothing to hard to understand though. Pretty simple to learn actually. I like the all in one hobby charger. Hobbyking has several to look at. Just my two cents.
    Note: I meant for this to be a response to CamoNinja's suggestion of using the EagleTac 3100 mAh batteries. Couldn't figure out how to delete, and then re-enter in the right spot. Sorry about that.

Agreed. These batteries have received many top notch reviews, and are reasonably priced, for what they are.
    Last edited by david57strat; 07-29-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: posted as response to wrong CPF user

Great thanks guys I'll have to try out the EagleTac 3100 mAh batteries and get a charger for it

Quote Originally Posted by moderator007 View Post
    I need a charger. Which model charger are you referring to or would recommend at Hobbyking? I need it to charge 18650 and RCR123 3.7V cells. Thanks!