What is the floodiest P60 LED drop-in?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Got hooked on Surefire all over again, and giving them all of my spare cash. Coming late to the lego party, loving the C2 and the M2 (bored from Oveready). I'm going to keep one incan because the beam color is great, but want to convert one to LED. Curious what the floodiest LED drop in is? I have a 4sevens Revo SS (latest version) and a Eagletac D25A Mini Ti and I LOVE the flood of those lights. The EagleTac really lights up the whole room. My perfect C2 would be one with virtually no hot spot, just give me a wall of light (I would prefer warm or High CRI if possible) And brightness is always great, but a little runtime would be good too.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
From what I understand, the m61 is the new version of the m60? Then the M91 that you mention is the newer M90, the M90 and M91 are able to run at higher voltages than the M60/M61? So a C2 with and M91 would be good on a a couple rechargeable li-ion cells I would presume? Fun.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the older flood optics modules like the M60F or the MCE M60's since we are on the subject of Malkoffs? I dont think a M90 exists unless Gene has something new going on that Im unaware of.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yep, I think you would be really pleased with the M60W MC-E, although they are tough to find.

Elzetta still has the M60F available, but these are the cooler tint versions, I believe....

Imon

Enlightened
These old eyes can't read your micro-font. Why would you change it from the default?
You can increase the font size in your web browser by holding down Ctrl and pushing the "+" key or you can hold down Ctrl and use the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Got hooked on Surefire all over again, and giving them all of my spare cash. Coming late to the lego party, loving the C2 and the M2 (bored from Oveready). I'm going to keep one incan because the beam color is great, but want to convert one to LED. Curious what the floodiest LED drop in is? I have a 4sevens Revo SS (latest version) and a Eagletac D25A Mini Ti and I LOVE the flood of those lights. The EagleTac really lights up the whole room. My perfect C2 would be one with virtually no hot spot, just give me a wall of light (I would prefer warm or High CRI if possible) And brightness is always great, but a little runtime would be good too.
OP, if you already own a P60 module you can just buy a diffuser. Surefire makes a diffuser for the C2 or just buy any diffuser that would fit over the bezel. If you're feeling adventerous however, you can attempt a homemade diffuser.

Last edited:

LocoDuck

Newly Enlightened
For a floody P60 drop-in I think a triple ( or quad) fits the bill. I have a triple xpg from Kerberos0023 and it puts out a beautiful wall of "light up the room" light.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diffuser lenses work great, I have one with a Nailbender Nichia hi cri Linger special ;) all flood, no hotspot
Malkoff M61 Nichia 4500k 92cri is floodier than my XML dropin, nice room sweeper :thumbsup:

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
What about a Nailbender sst 90 drop in? From what I've read it should be almost pure flood. Not sure how many lumens, but 3-4 amps should give plenty of light. You may have to settle for a cooler tint though.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
This sounds awesome, I have to say.
Diffuser lenses work great, I have one with a Nailbender Nichia hi cri Linger special ;) all flood, no hotspot
Malkoff M61 Nichia 4500k 92cri is floodier than my XML dropin, nice room sweeper :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the good info everyone!

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
Those oveready 3 led drop-ins look amazing. I'm curious if they always use all 3 LEDs at the same time (even in low)? Now, I'm a little stunned at the price. Hard to save money being a flashaholic!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
LEDS are more efficient at lower levels (half power yields more than double runtime), so its preferable to run LEDs together. This also keeps the beam the same at all levels.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
With how powerful triples can be, and how hot they can get, you don't want to cheap out on them ;)
as the man himself ElectronGuru already chimed in. There all on, for all the levels.
I like how floody the triple XPG format is, it's something every flashaholic should try :naughty: