Ideas to customize a 4Sevens Quark X 123 squared?

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I own a 4Sevens Quark X 123 squared flashlight - a favorite of mine for weekend EDC.

I've read about people really boosting the output of their lights - different reflectors...XML head replacements...rechargeable batteries....is any of that possible with this light? I've never done any flashlight modifications so I'm completely ignorant in this area.

Thoughts and idea?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi John,
I have both the LV and the HV Quark X's(QT2A-X and QT2L-X). I have noticed that using Re-chargeables in these lights does not give that extra boost you are seeking as with the XP-G Quark versions. All the Quarks heads are glued shut, and provide an extreme challange to open and be able to modify with a different emitter. What you are asking is possible, has been done, but is not done easily. You can give it a try, will void your warranty, and may end up destroying the Quarks head as other have done before you. Off the top of my head, I know Ti-force, and others, were successful in opening a Quark head to allow modifying a different emitter. I have not heard of a driver mod, but I am sure some have tried. I have read of many unsuccessful attempts, and that would mean that a new head was needed to replace the damaged one that was trying to be modified.

I wish you luck. I hope to hear that you have been successful in your Quark modification.

GL