Foxfury Scout
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you order your HDS?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: When did you order your HDS?

In case you missed it, Henry chimed in re: machine shops and part availability in Post # 1543 (pg 52) on the HDS Systems EDC # 16 thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...t=#post3962413 .
    I'm so excited - looks like I will get my Hi CRI Clicky this summer after all!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by SaVaGe View Post
    I ordered mine end of January 2012. He told me last month that right around end of June is when ill probably will get mine.
    This shipment priority by order date has me confused. I know Henry insists he ships based on order date but you said you ordered late January... I ordered early January, does this mean I get my light mid to late June?
    I know he said he fulfilled his military obligations first and that he is lacking certain parts for Rotaries and High CRI lights, still, seeing as we haven't heard from people who ordered in December and even some who ordered in November you might want to withhold optimism on that end of June timetable Savage...

Unless, of course, members, or even nonmembers, of this forum have been receiving lights and we just haven't heard about it. Please, if you receive your light let us know.
    Last edited by Imon; 06-19-2012 at 09:46 PM.

F250XLT, your trolling, baiting, flaming posts have been removed, also responses to them. This is a thread for members who ordered HDS flashlights to post in. Your posts have disrupted this thread. See CPF Rule 4. Please desist from such behavior in the future in this thread or other threads.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Say you cancel your order. What would you buy with the money? Something equivalent? There isn't anything like it. I'd just hold out if I were in that boat.

At least you can't spend the money on anything dumb in the meantime.
    +1
    you either want one or you don't, if the guy will give you your money back if you want to back out then there's really not much to complain about -waiting sucks.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Whatever the wait your light will be worth it. Henry is a reliable, honest dealer who is stuck in the middle between customer/machinist. I have 3 of his lights and they are bulletproof! Be patient and you will get your light. I may order another to show my faith in Henry.

EDC 200lm Clicky LE
    Placed order date: 16 June 2012
    Order recieved date: 30 July 2012

*will edit when recieved.

*Update 22 June 2012: Henry said the parts to my light should be in from the machine shop in a few day, light will be built and shipped.

*Update 3 July 2012: Henry informed me parts came in 28 June 2012, and he hopes it will ship by aprox. Friday (end of the week/ 6 July 2012-ish).

*Update 12 July 2012: Henry informed me the assemblers were a little slow, and just got the light built, still needs to be calibrated and go through final testing. The light , he thinks, should ship this week.

*Update 20 July 2012: Address changed, Informed it should ship this week.

*Update 30 july 2012: Delivered
    Last edited by Greighps; 07-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Say you cancel your order. What would you buy with the money? Something equivalent? There isn't anything like it. I'd just hold out if I were in that boat.
    I agree. Feature for feature, HDS lights are the best on the market as far as I'm concerned. No other light even comes close.

I agree with pretty much everything said... from customer service to the light itself, everything about HDS is top notch. I ordered my 200 clicky in January of 2011. It took 16 weeks almost to the day to get it. It was a long wait but well worth it as my HDS hasn't left my side since.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

To all those who are impatient...I can totally understand. We are flashaholics. That's a serious term.

But Henry is an outstanding individual. He will not let this turn into some fiasco that crumbles apart with people not getting lights, etc. You WILL get your lights. Sure, it may take some time but once you get your HDS, you will realize that is worth all the wait. Such top notch lights. so worth it. He will get back on track and once again be full scale and regain his top dog status. NO WORRIES! Give the man a little time. He embodies what it means to be a fantastic company with excellent customer service. Please give the guy a little time and you will see how awesome the lights are.

I can't wait for my rotary! Hell, it's not like we don't have a ton of other lights to keep us company in the meantime.

Eye candy of past HDS lights to tide you over:

Last edited by beach honda; 06-20-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Good news! Henry is definitely shipping!

DC Tactical 140
    Ordered: January 16, 2012
    I was told on the 23rd that it should ship in about 4 weeks.
    Received (Finally!): June 22, 2012

I was literally going to cancel my order when I got home yesterday. Instead, it was sitting in my mail box!

The lesson of this story? Wait, and you shall be rewarded!

Now if I could just figure out how to program this thing

Flashaholic*

That is good news! Based on what Henry recently told me in an e-mail the rotary and High CRI will be delayed another month (or so...).

Enjoy your new light!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by rynbxtr View Post
    Good news! Henry is definitely shipping!

DC Tactical 140
    Ordered: January 16, 2012
    I was told on the 23rd that it should ship in about 4 weeks.
    Received (Finally!): June 22, 2012

I was literally going to cancel my order when I got home yesterday. Instead, it was sitting in my mail box!

The lesson of this story? Wait, and you shall be rewarded!

Now if I could just figure out how to program this thing
    Lucky you!
    I actually ordered my light before you did but I suppose Henry just doesn't have any High CRI emitters lying around.

Same here. I ordered in December. Hi CRI. I didn't know that he was picky about his emitters too. I wonder what process he uses to get his emitters.

S1LVA
    I used to be afraid of the dark. Now, the dark is afraid of me.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Rorie View Post
    June 3rd 2012
    I have ordered a 120 exec,then bumped it to a 140 exec two days latter.Henry has been very helpfull putting up with me as I wanted a 170 but it does not have the GD emitter anymore so settled for a 140e with GD
    Just received my light ordered 3rd June arrived today 27th June. Beautiful light very happy thank you Henry.
    WTB 170 HDS with the GD Emitter in New Condition

Flashaholic*

Congrats!
    Glad to see people getting their lights.
    I'll be really glad to see Hi CRI's shipping.

It is good news to hear people are receiving their orders. I placed an order on June 24 for a custom clicky; 200 lumens, sapphire lens, silver bezel. I also ordered a Kydex holster for it a couple days later and Henry sent me an email stating he'll combine the orders and refund the shipping on the second order. I didn't even have to ask him to do this. I see what people are talking about when they say he has legendary customer service.

high cri rotary, black bezel, flush button, sapphire glass

ordered January 14, 2012

still waiting
    i like flashlights.

Apr 15, 2012 01:20:46 PDT
    EDC Custom Rotary
    Item #: Cr200LsBsbB123F
    Description: 200 lm, sapphire, svr bzl, blk bdy, 123, flush btn

Unenlightened

I ordered a 140 clicky on June 24, and got it on June 29. Great light. I think I'll join the queue for a Rotary and wait it out.

Jimmy

Enlightened

Ordered June 16,2012 a 200 tactical clicky. Good to see some people who ordered in June are already getting their lights! Fingers crossed I have one in my hands soon!

Pale Blue Dot! Excellent name!
    i like flashlights.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by burntoshine View Post
    Pale Blue Dot! Excellent name!

Crumbly .... but good.

Went to the post office yesterday, got there after they closed. There was a yellow slip of paper letting me know that we have a package that was to big to put in our P.O. Box. I suddenly felt like a kid the night before Christmas. Got up this morning got ready for work, rushed to the post office............bubble busted! It was a package for my wife. The waiting continues.

I guess that it's safe enough to assume that standard vanilla Clickies are moving through production smoothly now, and that it's Rotary and high CRI that are bottle necked.
    I'm assuming that once the Rotary and high CRI models start flowing, those waiting for more months and those waiting for less months will find their orders filled fairly closely together in time.

My order:
    Flush buttoned sapphire lens Rotary, High CRI (order changed to CRI + sapphire months in without issue once the CRI became available), originally ordered in early November.

-and I basically joined CPF because of HDS, to help anwer my questions. ;-)
    Last edited by eh4; 07-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post
    Went to the post office yesterday, got there after they closed. There was a yellow slip of paper letting me know that we have a package that was to big to put in our P.O. Box. I suddenly felt like a kid the night before Christmas. Got up this morning got ready for work, rushed to the post office............bubble busted! It was a package for my wife. The waiting continues.
    Great description of my world of HDS waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post

Ahh, man. I was getting excited for you, until the end. Man that must have hurt haha.
    2006 Ducati 749 Dark

...wait a minute, this isn't Ducati.ms 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Greighps View Post
    Ahh, man. I was getting excited for you, until the end. Man that must have hurt haha.
    I tried not to get to excited and keep ahold of the possibility that it might not be my light but that was a hard thing to do. I emailed Henry somewhere around 2-3 weeks ago, he said I still had several weeks to go till I get my hi cri. I'm glad to see other people getting their lights, let's me that I along with everyone else will receive their lights.

Thaugen: this is the second time this has happened.
    Last edited by Johnbeck180; 07-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.

just wanted to give you guys an update, got my hds edc 120t 2 weeks ago (ordered on may 3rd). loving it, hope all those that have ordered and are still waiting get their lights soon .

Flashaholic*

Quick update: Henry says Rotaries are just missing 1 part. They're close, but based on recent experience, he won't estimate ship times until it gets approved.

He also says they're running low on Clicky bodies -
    Have more been received?
    Are you still in line for a Clicky?
    I wonder how long it'll take to complete another run of those...
    Last edited by tjswarbrick; 07-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Flashaholic*

Well the weeks keep turning into months on my HCRI Clicky and Rotary order...anyone getting their lights yet?