When did you order your HDS?

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
There was a request on the HDS Systems thread (EDC #16) to start one for posting when you ordered your HDS light, and when you receive(d) it.
I didn't see a new thread, so I'm starting it here.

I know I'm not the first, but I've been waiting a while.
I ordered a Hi CRI Custom Rotary on January 27 2012. I changed the order on May 14 to a Hi CRI Executive Clicky (without losing my place in line.)
Henry tells me he is shipping regular 120 and 140 lights, and the Hi CRI parts should be in soon.
I doubt I'll have it for my upcoming camping trip, but I'm very much looking forward to my tank of a light.
And really pleased to hear progress is being made!

Sean Rorie

Newly Enlightened
June 3rd 2012
I have ordered a 120 exec,then bumped it to a 140 exec two days latter.Henry has been very helpfull putting up with me as I wanted a 170 but it does not have the GD emitter anymore so settled for a 140e with GD

rynbxtr

Newly Enlightened
EDC Tactical 140
January 16, 2012
I was told on the 23rd that it should ship in about 4 weeks.

20 weeks later, I'm thinking about giving up on it and getting my money back. I'm sure he makes a great product, but these business practices are ridiculous, and would not even be remotely tolerated in any other situation I can think of...

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a request on the HDS Systems thread (EDC #16) to start one for posting when you ordered your HDS light, and when you receive(d) it.
I didn't see a new thread, so I'm starting it here.

I know I'm not the first, but I've been waiting a while.
I ordered a Hi CRI Custom Rotary on January 27 2012. I changed the order on May 14 to a Hi CRI Executive Clicky (without losing my place in line.)
Henry tells me he is shipping regular 120 and 140 lights, and the Hi CRI parts should be in soon.
I doubt I'll have it for my upcoming camping trip, but I'm very much looking forward to my tank of a light.
And really pleased to hear progress is being made!

Jesus! How long is the wait to get one of these?

nbp

Flashaholic
hron61 said:
yikes... those are some mighty long wait times. what gives?

Problems in the parts supply chain have been plaguing Henry for months.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
30th December 2011. Only received a notification from Henry on 2nd January that he had received my order.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news for all you rotary owners to be, including myself. Another delay is inevitable. Just got an email from Henry saying that he have parts coming in and is starting to ship as much as he can build (presumably the clickies). The machine shop tasked to do the rotary battery compartment has bailed out, but he have located another couple of machine shops to take over the manufacture of the battery compartment for the rotary and should receive an article sample later this month. God only knows how long more would this wait go on?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you for that Update !

:thumbsup:

Even if it IS unwelcome news.

:awman:
_

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
May 2012, hds clicky 200. Guess its gonna be a long wait ahead.

Is it totally stopped production or are orders being fulfilled at a very slow pace?

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would think by now with all the sales and hds lights being in high demand that he would have backup to the backup for making his parts. seems as though he has the potential to make it bigtime but i think people are gonna get tired of waiting. i probly would have cancelled my order by now. come on henry, lets get it together. :D

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rotary high CRI, 04.02.2012

Henry should use the time to update the emitters, a Nichia 219 would make me glad I waited months to get my Rotary...