The "What I would buy if Mac were not booked 'till Christmas" thread!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I find myself buying Mac lights secondhand to bide my time for when he has time again.:sigh: So, I'll start it off!

Tri-EDC
Copper
Nichia 219 emitters
Some sort of optics that focus really well (need a bit more throw.)
Runs on 18350 BUT...also has an extension tube for use with 18650! (Hey, were just dreamin' here!)

So, what Mac light are you dreaming about at night?:sleepy::thinking::hitit:

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Well, my first Mac just came yesterday from the BST. I am hoping my 18350s are waiting at home for me from AW so I can test it out - a Ti Tri cool tint.

I want to carry it a bit, and see how I like it, but I intend to have it modded to be honest. I want a new driver put in to make it a more functional UI, L/M/H with memory. I also want the drive levels dropped a bit for runtime and heat management. And I want HI CRI emitters put in. It basically will only LOOK like the old light, but will be pretty different inside.

I dunno if that answers the question you asked but it's my Mac wishlist anyways. :)

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I dunno if that answers the question you asked but it's my Mac wishlist anyways."

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

polkiuj

Enlightened
I would love a tri edc in copper with clip
Nichia NVSL 219 emmiters

jake royston

Enlightened
Well, my first Mac just came yesterday from the BST. I am hoping my 18350s are waiting at home for me from AW so I can test it out - a Ti Tri cool tint.

I want to carry it a bit, and see how I like it, but I intend to have it modded to be honest. I want a new driver put in to make it a more functional UI, L/M/H with memory. I also want the drive levels dropped a bit for runtime and heat management. And I want HI CRI emitters put in. It basically will only LOOK like the old light, but will be pretty different inside.

I dunno if that answers the question you asked but it's my Mac wishlist anyways. :)

send Flucero28 a PM, he can do the swap for you, as well as reprogram the driver for you to give you the custom UI, and lower modes that your looking for!

nbp

Flashaholic
jake royston said:
send Flucero28 a PM, he can do the swap for you, as well as reprogram the driver for you to give you the custom UI, and lower modes that your looking for!

Already in contact with him. :) Good to hear him recommended from several sources though!

nbp

Flashaholic
Colonel Sanders said:
"I dunno if that answers the question you asked but it's my Mac wishlist anyways."

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

Quite frankly the first thing on my wishlist is my batteries. :sigh:

Like an idiot I didn't think about the 10-14 days it would take for them to get here from AW. Really should have ordered them in preparation for my Tri rather than waiting till after. The light is useless without those IMR 18350s. :banghead:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a Nichia 219 last week in person and was not impressed, Neither was the owner that works with LED's everyday for a living :)

jake royston

Enlightened
I've got nothing on my Mac wishlist right now, because I'm currently looking forward to the delivery of a Copper Tri-EDC I already have on-order. :D

I've got a copper tri-EDC in high CRI on order as well! I hope it shows up in my mailbox soon! I can't wait to get my first Macs Custom EDC!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I jumped on the "In stock items" sticky thread and promptly ordered a copper Tri-EDC in high CRI but with an extra XP-E (5000k) module for extra throw. It'll have 5 modes...the usual L-M-H plus a moonlight mode and a medium high. So that's ML-L-M-MH-H. Gonna take the mode memory down from the normal 2 seconds to only 1 second. :cool:

Can't wait! :party:

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the extra modes available from Mac directly? I definitely would like the moon light mode on the XM- 18350 I just ordered!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has outsourced 5 of them at the moment. That's all I know. They could all be spoken for so far as I know.

Shoot flucero28 a PM and he can guide you straight. :thumbsup:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a Nichia 219 last week in person and was not impressed, Neither was the owner that works with LED's everyday for a living :)

Not bright enough? Bad color? Ugly beam? What was it in?

Can you give us more details? What host? Optics or reflector? What was it that was not so impressive?

They seem to be all the rage currently, so I too would like to hear your (and the experts) thoughts as to why they are not worthy.