SunwayLED
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire e1e black...is it THAT rare?

Default Re: Surefire e1e black...is it THAT rare?

why rush? I think this is just pure speculation as although there are out of production, they are not that rare so what's the logic of them suddenly being sold at multiple folds?

Noticed how some of the seller actually posted on eBay then list them at CPFMP for $100 less...don't think anyone here will bite at these crazy prices. There are a few members here who are pretty quick when it comes to profiteering
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Flashaholic

post removed
    Last edited by eg1977; 11-28-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: price change

Sorry to bump this but I'm looking for one to lego with a VME head where is this place that they are selling for $50?
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

Flashaholic

Should have bought a few more at a store in la that sells police gear.... When I had the chance.
    I'm lampin'

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmac View Post
    Should have bought a few more at a store in la that sells police gear.... When I had the chance.
    Is that a riddle? because I looked there, they don't have hardly any old surefire stuff left
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

I still have a black E1e that I bought in pristine condition years ago. I paid something like $30.00 for it. I've never liked the feel of the clip. At one point I put a Veleno Designs LED in it, but it eventually quit. Now I have an incandescent bulb made by SureFire. It's been in a box inside of a plastic bag for *years.* Now.... I'll keep it for sure after reading this!

I have an HA that I would love to put a Malkoff drop in. What's the part num. or do they make one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silgt View Post
    Nice little lights, but no way it's worth this much, right now!

I have a few stashed away for some special Malkoff drop ins, as is Ben!

^ sorry I must be drunk or half asleep when I type that...No, Malkoff don't make drop ins for e-series!
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by phxccw View Post
    I have an HA that I would love to put a Malkoff drop in. What's the part num. or do they make one?
    To use a Malkoff with SF E-series, you will need a VME bezel assembly ...
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Default Surefire e1e black...is it THAT rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Silgt View Post
    ^ sorry I must be drunk or half asleep when I type that...No, Malkoff don't make drop ins for e-series!
    Gene should make them. There are many e series out there.

Flashaholic*

People were saying the black HA E1e's and E2e's were rare even when they were still in production and some places were closing them out for $39.95. For some reason they always had this reputation that they were rare even when they were being made and you could buy them many places, they're not rare. The rarest black E2e that is as truly the rarest that I'm aware of, and that is a geniune E2e, not some one off or few made special edition, are the two flats black HA E2e's with the black HA twisty tailcap. I've heard (cannot confirm) only about 12 or 15 were made. I have one of them, and it also has the rounded bezel edge. The other rare E2e in black are the few two flat sided E2e's that were made in gloss black (type II) sporting a Z54 twisty tailcap. Some of them, a very small amount, I believe even sport a teardrop head, like the few rare E2e-GM's that have this feature on the two flats pocketclip body. The rarity of the E2e-BK in type II is because E2e's were generally not made in gloss black (type II) like the original E2-BK's and the Z54 twisty (lockout and non-lockout version) was a leftover feature of the original E1-BK and E2-BK.

The black HA E1e that sold in that auction for a ridiculous amount of money is the same light LA Police Gear was closing out for $39.95 not that long ago when they clearanced most of their incan Surefires. It is the least rare variant out there as there are many thousands of them along with the E2e version. I'd guess tens of thousands. They both sport the Z61 clicky tailcap which is still actually in production as you can see on SF's website.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-22-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    ampdude

My sense is that this may be due to conflation with the other (truly rare) BKHA models, like the A2, C2, etc....

I have to admit that now I do sort of wish I'd gotten a few more of these from LAPG, though ...
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-10-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Perhaps a combination of speculation and demand?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    Perhaps a combination of speculation and demand?
    Yes, most definitely.
    ampdude

Thanks ampdude, great info!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage Studio View Post
    Thanks ampdude, great info!
    No problem, I updated the post a bit to clarify some things.

Also, meant to say "two flats" (not counting the flat for the pocket clip) not three flats. Basically the two flat sided body in type III black is what I was referring to at the beginning of the post.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-22-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    ampdude

Guys over at Fleabay are even pushing the price of E1E-HA up...from $100-ish to over $150 now (most are bought up within minutes of the listing, then get relisted for higher amount) so if you buy into that sort of speculative sales techniques, now is the time to grab a few

Perhaps the number of surefire collectors have increased dramatically in the last year?

In my brief year and a bit at Cpf, I have never come across that many e1e offered for sale.
    Last edited by BenChiew; 01-23-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    To use a Malkoff with SF E-series, you will need a VME bezel assembly ...
    I'm curious about the up coming MDC, according to Gene it will be E compatible.

Although the one gripe about the E1E I always had was the clip. I put an E1B clip in its place but it is loose. In its stock form the E1e is not a good light for pocket carrying(the tail cap gets worn quickly). The E1B body is about the same in size as the E1e and with a E1e tail cap it's just about ideal.

Also, I miss the Z52.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Flashaholic*

This is the first time I've heard of the MDC. More E-compatible is always good, no matter what it is. Look forward to seeing one.
    ampdude

The black Surefire E1e is rare, but the Surefire E1e WineLight is even harder to procure.