Unique Titanium

Thread: Help please, need inexpensive 18650 lights with internal protection. DX problems!!

Post Help please, need inexpensive 18650 lights with internal protection. DX problems!!

I've spent a bit of time going through the various posts, but I can't find the information I'm looking for... sorry if this has been beat to death somewhere else.

I have literally 200+ unprotected 18650 Li-ion rechargeable batteries and a couple of quality Pila chargers. Up until now I've only bought a custom flashlight and the Jetbeam lights, all of which have been excellent, but expensive lights with built-in over-discharge protection. Recently the cost issue was driven home when one of my Jetbeam lights were stolen from my son at camp.

Which brings us to the real question... I'd like to buy 5-8 lights for emergencies, occasional camping, and something so the kids will leave my expensive lights alone . There seems to be a lot of quality lights on DX, eBay, and other sites for less than $20 that would be perfect - if I could only verify they won't ruin my unprotected cells.

What is a good quality, inexpensive, and rugged 18650/2xCR123A flashlight with at least two or three brightness levels that is water-resistant (waterproof is better), 200 lumen or more (but not over-driven), with a decent run-time, that won't bake tiny hands? I'd prefer an aluminum reflector and glass lens in the interest of sturdiness, but will consider any suggestions.

Incidentally, I've had problems with my last three orders from DealExtreme (DX) and don't plan to buy from them again...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Grrash

Default Re: Help please, need inexpensive 18650 lights with internal protection. DX problems

there are some reletively cheap Romisen lights that get favorable reviews here at Shiningbeam. Plus, Shiningbeam gets lots of compliments too.

Default Re: Help please, need inexpensive 18650 lights with internal protection. DX problems

I did call Shiningbeam and they were indeed helpful, but they are not sure if the Romisen lights have a protection circuit, which means it probably doesn't. Maybe none of the cheap ones do?

I cant see any $10 lights having overDischarge protection, and if they did i don't know if I'd trust it to work every time.
    There are some good budget brands in dealers corner and dealers that can answer questions about what they sell.
    Maybe some protected sells or dual battery capability lights might be a better solution.
    My son is too young to push the button on a light yet, but I don't think I'd let him use lithium rechargeables until he's in his mid to late teens. Ill send you a link for lights that should work nicely for little hands the Sipik flashlights are fun lights
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ds-of-Interest

Has some good advice on the dangers of Lithium rechargeables
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Look up Balder SE2, it might have what you looking for but cost. $35