Got an H600: Blue tint and very tight battery compartment.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I have had an SC600 for a while (bought it immediately after the addition of the lanyard hole). It's a nice pure white (almost creamy) same as my Quark X. My Callies Kustoms slip easily into the SC600.
So I ordered a H600 because I liked the SC600 so much... I'm not much of a tint diva, but this thing is blue/purple! Reminds me of the first XML drop-ins that came out with the T4 binned early emitters that were angry purple. When shown side-by-side with my SC600 it makes the SC600 appear neutral tinted. On top of that, one of my Callies Kustoms stops about halfway in and the other is a tight fit.

Are these experiences common with the H600 or did I get two flukes in one? If these are not common problems (tint and tight tube) then I will probably ask for an exchange with the dealer. If these are common problems, then I'll probably just return the thing. I'm hoping to get what the SC600 is, but in headlamp format.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will ask for a exchange, about the tight fit is very strange, in mine all my 18650 fit, unprotected to the big ones protected...

I never ear about a purple/blue tint concern... Send it back...

SFMI4UT

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I sent it back in exchange for an H600W. I'm really liking the new one! The battery compartment is the Exact same size. I peeled the sticker off one of my Callies Kustoms and it slides right in. I did take some 800 grit emery paper to the sharp battery compartment opening to give it an ever-so-slight radius, this vastly reduced the drag I felt when I first inserted my 18650 The neutral tint is ever so warm to me (I consider the 4500K of the neutral Xeno E03 to be perfectly neutral), but it looks great and I kinda like the warmish tint, much better than being on the cool side for a headlamp.

I didn't realize I was like this, but I like cool flashlights and neutral headlamps!

Gimpy

Newly Enlightened
You got a bum one (tint-wise). It's the luck of the draw. My impression (before ordering) was that the cool whites weren't all that cool. I felt vindicated when mine arrived... not too cool at all. My compartment is a glove fit for my eagletac 3100's. If memory serves, the kallies run unusually short and fat, so I could see how it might be a squeeze. That's probably the only cell that would give you trouble diameter wise.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll let yous know when my H600 arrives in a few days.
However, my SC600 has a greenish tint in the corona; okay by me...