Let's See Your Kid Headlamps

JNieporte

Enlightened
I'd like to see what headlights you're running on your kids. Whether they belong to your child or you just let them use the headlight, what do you let them use?

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll play. But this first one was just fooling around for some fun with a ZebraLight collection on a Fenix headband.

111019-039a.jpg

The photos below were for real (pics from a handful of years back, though).

A couple of Fenix flashlights set up as headlights for the bike and a one Fenix flashlight set up as a headlamp for the helmet.

I think the helmet light qualifies this as being rather roughly in "headlamp" territory. ;)

071008-010a.jpg
071008-011a.jpg

Last edited:

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seriously thinking that if I end up getting a ZL H502 (if and when budget allows), I might end up letting my daughter take over the H501w (the middle light in the headband monstrosity shown in my first posted photo, above).

With Girl Scout camping and other night and evening outdoor activities she's getting involved in, I'm considering it. For her birthday last year, I gave her a Fenix MC11 angle light as her first really nice light (really nice for a kid just turning 10, in any case)...but for some of the stuff she does (especially these little camping excursions she and her scout troop have been doing), I'm thinking she might get as much or more practical use out of something that allows her to work hands free. My old H501w might be the one to go to her for that kind of stuff. Still thinking about it (my mind's not made up yet).

JNieporte

Enlightened
The only photo I have for right now. Delica and a Brinkmann...
001-12.jpg

Last edited:

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. It was the low power that sold me on it. That and the size. The efficiency's only so-so.

The "auto off" function is a joke. It's so long before it auto-offs, chances are the batteries would run down first. Bonehead engineering.

Regards the top Varuscelli photo: MAYBE that's his kid. MAYBE that's one of the few known photographs of an angel. Word is they have halos like that.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bolster, thanks for clarifying a bit on that little headlamp. Pluses and minuses, I guess...as seems to almost always be the case whether we're talking low-end or high-end stuff, ironic as that seems.
Ha! Yes, photos of the angel that frequents my house. Whether it's a natural halo or she was just sneaking a closer look at some of my gear...I guess we'll never know.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
A father hath no greater love for a daughter than he who would give her his H501w. :p

Latest posts