4 Sevens
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: stanley Fat Max XML spotlight !!!

Evilgrin07 stanley Fat Max XML spotlight !!!

I was in walmart today and saw the stanley fat max rechargable spot light and picked it up and looked at the bussness end and my jaw dropped. The reflector is huge and at the bottom is a nice cool white xml(not sure the bin)!!!. So for 50 bucks i bought it.. i wish i new how to put pictures on here. The reflector is 3 inches wide and about 3.5 inches deep. i compared it to my sunwayman t40cs and the hot spot is 3 times smaller and twice as bright so i compared it to my dereelight ez900 aspheric and it was very close between the two in terms of throw. output is slightly higher then my t40cs. for 50 bucks its a great bang for your buck. it also uses li-ion rechargable batteries in it.
    Fiat Lux Tk61vn V2, Fiat Lux Tx25c2vn PDTc, EYE40vn, X6vnT, Z6vnT, Fiat Lux 5A dedomed Xpg2 L2T
    2w 445nm Tmag, Custom 1W 638nm, 1w 405nm C11 and 320mw DL Sparton 532nm

Default Re: stanley Fat Max XML spotlight !!!

Any specs on the package or the instructions?

the package states 2000 lumans. which i loled at its more like 900 to 1000 if i had to guess otf. its an xml so 2000 lumans is not possible. it shows a run time graph with 72 minute run time. this light must be very new because i cant find it online anywhere. i just texted it again agenst my dree ez900 aspheric and the throw is pritty much the same. its pretty insane how far this light goes. i want to post pictures so bad. i just cant figure out how to do it.
    Fiat Lux Tk61vn V2, Fiat Lux Tx25c2vn PDTc, EYE40vn, X6vnT, Z6vnT, Fiat Lux 5A dedomed Xpg2 L2T

Flashaholic

This thread makes me want one now. I saw this spotlight at my Walmart but passed on getting it.
    Need...... more...... lights!

Knowing my luck they won't be in Canadian Walmarts
    thatd be perfect for the work van and a great fathers day present
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Flashaholic

A poster in the spotlight section says this light can run continuously on 12v like the Stanley HID can which was a selling point for me when I got my HID. I will try to post some pics this weekend when I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I was in walmart today and saw the stanley fat max rechargable spot light and picked it up and looked at the bussness end and my jaw dropped. The reflector is huge and at the bottom is a nice cool white xml(not sure the bin)!!!. So for 50 bucks i bought it.. i wish i new how to put pictures on here. The reflector is 3 inches wide and about 3.5 inches deep. i compared it to my sunwayman t40cs and the hot spot is 3 times smaller and twice as bright so i compared it to my dereelight ez900 aspheric and it was very close between the two in terms of throw. output is slightly higher then my t40cs. for 50 bucks its a great bang for your buck. it also uses li-ion rechargable batteries in it.
    WOW... this sounds like a great deal. They just don't make/sell an XML light for $50 with a reflector dish bigger than ~55mm across.

You measured 3 inches across.... is that 3 inches across the reflector dish mirror surface? Or 3 inches across the outer bezel rim?

I'm getting ~45-50K lux with a T6 driven at ~3.4A in a 55mm diameter Ultrafire DIY build. 3 inches = 76mm (!!) A DIY mod build using this reflector should be able to near 70-80K lux with a dish that big, if theres sufficient heatsinking for the XML.

thanks!!
    Last edited by kramer5150; 06-15-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Flashaholic*

I bought one last week immediately after seeing it. I'm impressed so far for the money. The throw is comparable to my older Brinkmann Spotlights and its lighter than any rechargable spotlight that I've ever handled. I haven't tried to take mine apart but there is a lot of metal with cooling fins just behind the reflector on either side so as long as its mounted with good heat transfer from the led I don't think there will be a problem. I'm looking forward to testing this one out on the sound later this summer.

Keep us posted! I'd like to know more before I go out and get one.

-Alex
    -Alex

Sounds like a useful light to me! I'll head over to my Walmart in a bit, If they still have these lights in stock I'll pick one up and take some pictures. Hopefully there aren't too many flashaholics out here. It's only 1:40pm here, but I can take some beam shots inside of our warehouse and bring my Stanley HID and DBS-T Aspheric to compare.
    Last edited by Jay611j; 06-15-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Thereís always a light at the end of the tunnel. Just hope itís not a train.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay611j View Post
    Sounds like a useful light to me! I'll head over to my Walmart in a bit, If they have these lights in stock I'll pick one up and take some pictures. It's only 1:40pm here, but I can take some beam shots inside of our warehouse and bring my Stanley HID and DBS-T Aspheric to compare.

Please do I'd love to see a Beamshot shoot out

Do you have a model #? Can't find this online

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by americanpiegamer188 View Post
    Do you have a model #? Can't find this online
    There isn't any info yet online, It just showed up in my local Walmart this week so it just hit the market.

Quick question before I go, I see the spotlight has a lithium battery so I shouldn't need to fully charge it before I use it right? I just want to be sure, I'm so used to the SLA spotlights.

The spotlight has great heat sinking. There are metal finns on both sides and are good size. Very cool design. Tthe reflector is exactly 3 inches wide and close to 4 inches deep. The hotspot is the same size as my solorforce pro 1 just a lot brighter and with medium size cora. If I had to guess on the lux its around 70 to maybe 80 k. The deree aspheric may be slightly higher but its so close. I love this thing. Nice and light weight. Size is about twice as small as the stanley hid

Pictures please
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

I have many pics but i dont know how to post them.

1) Make an account at a place like Photobucket
    2) Upload your photos into an album
    3) Click "Share"
    4) You can share thumbnails which is kinder to those on slower connections, or the actual photos, up to the CPF legal limit
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

@Alex1234, not sure if you got my PM but if you're having touble and would like to email the pics to me, I'd be happy to post them for you. We've had two threads and many replies on each but not a single pic of this unicorn yet. ;o)

Thx!,
    Tim

Turbo bb. I will take you up on that right after work

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    Turbo bb. I will take you up on that right after work
    Picture of light please

Flashaholic

I just googled "Cree XML Spotlight" and there will be many of these spotlights coming on the market soon

Ok guys I did the best I could with my camera phone, I set the ISO @200 if that makes any difference......

Control (The light you see is the end of the hallway, I can't turn that one off)
    Stanley FAT MAX

Stanley HID

Fenix TK60 on turbo

DBS-T Aspheric

Fat Max & TK60

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]Charging port and dimmer switch[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jay611j; 06-15-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Added more pictures

Quote Originally Posted by CarpentryHero View Post
    Knowing my luck they won't be in Canadian Walmarts
    thatd be perfect for the work van and a great fathers day present

The really bad news isnt that Canadian Wal marts might not carry this light, the really bad news is that you now have Wal marts in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay611j View Post
    Ok guys I did the best I could with my camera phone, I set the ISO @200 if that makes any difference......
    Good stuff, they don't give you as much of an idea of the differences as a camera with manual shutter speed, but every little bit of info helps. I make out the reflector to be closer to 70mm, but that's still massive; here comes the SST-90 mods..

Thanks for the beamshots, I there not sold up here, I'll just have to leave room in my luggage for one .... Or two it's definitely a worthwhile searchlight, I have the StanleyHID and love it

Quote Originally Posted by CarpentryHero View Post
    Thanks for the beamshots, I there not sold up here, I'll just have to leave room in my luggage for one .... Or two it's definitely a worthwhile searchlight, I have the StanleyHID and love it

how many lux is that stanley hid ?

Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    how many lux is that stanley hid ?
    Somewhere over 125,000 - the hotspot is visible at half a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Good stuff, they don't give you as much of an idea of the differences as a camera with manual shutter speed, but every little bit of info helps. I make out the reflector to be closer to 70mm, but that's still massive; here comes the SST-90 mods..
    I tried leaving the ISO on auto, but it overexposed the shots really bad. The shots I posted are still a little overexposed, but you can still see the differences in the output of each light. Overall I really like this little guy, it out throws my TK60 pretty good so I'm pleased with it. I let it run for 20 minutes plugged into the 12v socket and it got pretty warm but no problems with it so far.

A very interesting spotlight. It's ironic, but I was at Walmart tonight unaware of this thread and seen a new waterproof Stanley spotlight that had a XPG in it. It looked to be a little smaller than the fatmax and was rated at 500 lumens. Even 500 led lumens from a XPG has my doubts. Glad I didnt buy it. Gotta buy myself a fatmax now.....