stanley Fat Max XML spotlight !!!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in walmart today and saw the stanley fat max rechargable spot light and picked it up and looked at the bussness end and my jaw dropped. The reflector is huge and at the bottom is a nice cool white xml(not sure the bin)!!!. So for 50 bucks i bought it.. i wish i new how to put pictures on here. The reflector is 3 inches wide and about 3.5 inches deep. i compared it to my sunwayman t40cs and the hot spot is 3 times smaller and twice as bright so i compared it to my dereelight ez900 aspheric and it was very close between the two in terms of throw. output is slightly higher then my t40cs. for 50 bucks its a great bang for your buck. it also uses li-ion rechargable batteries in it. :D

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
the package states 2000 lumans. which i loled at its more like 900 to 1000 if i had to guess otf. its an xml so 2000 lumans is not possible. it shows a run time graph with 72 minute run time. this light must be very new because i cant find it online anywhere. i just texted it again agenst my dree ez900 aspheric and the throw is pritty much the same. its pretty insane how far this light goes. i want to post pictures so bad. i just cant figure out how to do it.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing my luck they won't be in Canadian Walmarts :(
thatd be perfect for the work van and a great fathers day present :)

my#1hobby

Enlightened
A poster in the spotlight section says this light can run continuously on 12v like the Stanley HID can which was a selling point for me when I got my HID. I will try to post some pics this weekend when I get one.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was in walmart today and saw the stanley fat max rechargable spot light and picked it up and looked at the bussness end and my jaw dropped. The reflector is huge and at the bottom is a nice cool white xml(not sure the bin)!!!. So for 50 bucks i bought it.. i wish i new how to put pictures on here. The reflector is 3 inches wide and about 3.5 inches deep. i compared it to my sunwayman t40cs and the hot spot is 3 times smaller and twice as bright so i compared it to my dereelight ez900 aspheric and it was very close between the two in terms of throw. output is slightly higher then my t40cs. for 50 bucks its a great bang for your buck. it also uses li-ion rechargable batteries in it. :D

WOW... this sounds like a great deal. They just don't make/sell an XML light for $50 with a reflector dish bigger than ~55mm across.

You measured 3 inches across.... is that 3 inches across the reflector dish mirror surface? Or 3 inches across the outer bezel rim?

I'm getting ~45-50K lux with a T6 driven at ~3.4A in a 55mm diameter Ultrafire DIY build. 3 inches = 76mm (!!) A DIY mod build using this reflector should be able to near 70-80K lux with a dish that big, if theres sufficient heatsinking for the XML.

thanks!!

Last edited:

WDR65

Enlightened
I bought one last week immediately after seeing it. I'm impressed so far for the money. The throw is comparable to my older Brinkmann Spotlights and its lighter than any rechargable spotlight that I've ever handled. I haven't tried to take mine apart but there is a lot of metal with cooling fins just behind the reflector on either side so as long as its mounted with good heat transfer from the led I don't think there will be a problem. I'm looking forward to testing this one out on the sound later this summer.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Sounds like a useful light to me! I'll head over to my Walmart in a bit, If they still have these lights in stock I'll pick one up and take some pictures. Hopefully there aren't too many flashaholics out here:grin2:. It's only 1:40pm here, but I can take some beam shots inside of our warehouse and bring my Stanley HID and DBS-T Aspheric to compare.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a useful light to me! I'll head over to my Walmart in a bit, If they have these lights in stock I'll pick one up and take some pictures. It's only 1:40pm here, but I can take some beam shots inside of our warehouse and bring my Stanley HID and DBS-T Aspheric to compare.

Please do :thumbsup: I'd love to see a Beamshot shoot out :grin2:

Jay611j

Enlightened
Quick question before I go, I see the spotlight has a lithium battery so I shouldn't need to fully charge it before I use it right? I just want to be sure, I'm so used to the SLA spotlights.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spotlight has great heat sinking. There are metal finns on both sides and are good size. Very cool design. Tthe reflector is exactly 3 inches wide and close to 4 inches deep. The hotspot is the same size as my solorforce pro 1 just a lot brighter and with medium size cora. If I had to guess on the lux its around 70 to maybe 80 k. The deree aspheric may be slightly higher but its so close. I love this thing. Nice and light weight. Size is about twice as small as the stanley hid

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Make an account at a place like Photobucket
2) Upload your photos into an album
3) Click "Share"
4) You can share thumbnails which is kinder to those on slower connections, or the actual photos, up to the CPF legal limit

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Alex1234, not sure if you got my PM but if you're having touble and would like to email the pics to me, I'd be happy to post them for you. We've had two threads and many replies on each but not a single pic of this unicorn yet. ;o)

Thx!,
Tim