Foxfury Rook
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Sold out!

Next shipment of copper PCB are expected to arrive on Wednesday but I am not certain...

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Ah, bummer. If they do indeed arrive on Wednesday I'll take one.

Ordered 100 copper pcb on this next shipment. ;-)

put me on the next list

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Ordered 100 copper pcb on this next shipment. ;-)
    That sounds more like it.

COPPER!!! COPPER!!! COPPER!!!

Does that mean they've arrived? If so, I'll take one plus a McClicky for a Solarforce L2, as we discussed via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
    Does that mean they've arrived? If so, I'll take one plus a McClicky for a Solarforce L2, as we discussed via PM.
    Go ahead and place ur order :-)

Two for me thanks
    These look great cannot wait to test them out.
    PS: How did I miss this thread the first time around

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Two for me thanks
    These look great cannot wait to test them out.
    PS: How did I miss this thread the first time around

cheers

All Shallow smooth + Deep pill sold out.

All Shallow smooth + Deep pill sold out.
    Was just about to order! Does this mean orders are off for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmldriver View Post
    Was just about to order! Does this mean orders are off for now?

I can do the identical setup but only with Short pill and Deep Smooth/OP. Deep pill and shallow reflector are sold out indefinitely.

I can do the identical setup but only with Short pill and Deep Smooth/OP. Deep pill and shallow reflector are sold out indefinitely.

Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, but what will I gain / lose with the short pill and deep smooth over the deep pill and shallow reflector please?

Deeper reflector = more throw but shallow pill = less solder fill/ heat sinking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikesantor View Post
    Deeper reflector = more throw but shallow pill = less solder fill/ heat sinking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Deep pill has more solder fill so it helps out a bit with heat sinking. The Shallow smooth that goes with it provide a very wide beam not found in typical P60 reflectors. I particularly really enjoy a wide spill beam.

do you have a comparison shot of the deep modules vs. shallow? I'm not sure which to get, but I'm leaning towards deep honestly (I tend to be a fan of OP)
    Last edited by tobrien; 09-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Shallow are SOLD OUT indefinitely :-(. Light OP makes the best beam profile. P60 are never meant for throw really...

Shallow are SOLD OUT indefinitely :-(. Light OP makes the best beam profile. P60 are never meant for throw really...
    so is the light OP the deep one?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    so is the light OP the deep one?
    I have all deep reflectors in OP, Light OP, and smooth left.

I have all deep reflectors in OP, Light OP, and smooth left.
    thank you. I'll be picking up a light op, deep module this friday then i hope!

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    pm sent
    I am on it!

Only

I got one last 1300 lumen deep pill with shallow smooth reflector left. If you do not prefer the shallow smooth I could fit a Light OP on it but this would beam a longer drop in so you will need a Oring to fill in the gap between the bezel and the body. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi, I have a quick question.
    Since the star is copper, can't you just solder the star to the brass pill? It sounds like you are using arctic alumina or arctic silver.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty[hk] View Post
    Hi, I have a quick question.
    Since the star is copper, can't you just solder the star to the brass pill? It sounds like you are using arctic alumina or arctic silver.
    Soldering the star with LED to the pill requires lots of heat. That would destroy the LED for sure.

If I solder the star onto the pill without the LED then I can't center the LED with the reflector.

If I do mange to center the star in the reflector I still cant flow the LED on top without everything drifting around.

All the extra heat is really no good for me, the led, or centering the LED in the reflector.

Plus I sodler fill my pill. TOo much heat and the solder will flow out.

In short too much heat destroy everything and/or shift everything around and is dangerous for me.

i got mine yesterday and started playing around with it and WOW!!!

THIS THING IS PERFECT! perfect tint and lots of output (LOP reflector, btw)

thanks a lot vinh! did you get what I sent you, as well?

Remember. To wap the drop. Tight. With foil. Love. The sc31 too! :-)

Soldering the star with LED to the pill requires lots of heat. That would destroy the LED for sure.

If I solder the star onto the pill without the LED then I can't center the LED with the reflector.

If I do mange to center the star in the reflector I still cant flow the LED on top without everything drifting around.

All the extra heat is really no good for me, the led, or centering the LED in the reflector.

Plus I sodler fill my pill. TOo much heat and the solder will flow out.

In short too much heat destroy everything and/or shift everything around and is dangerous for me.
    Hi thanks for the response.
    I understand that it would be a lot more work and I don't know exactly how you're making your drop-ins and in what order you do things so this may not work out so easily but I would imagine that using a higher temperature lead-free solder like an SnAgCu solder will give you a good ~20C+ temperature window over SnPb 63/37.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty[hk] View Post
    Hi thanks for the response.
    I understand that it would be a lot more work and I don't know exactly how you're making your drop-ins and in what order you do things so this may not work out so easily but I would imagine that using a higher temperature lead-free solder like an SnAgCu solder will give you a good ~20C+ temperature window over SnPb 63/37.
    Are we talking about the solder used for solder fill?