• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
SOLD OUT vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In

This is the sale thread for my Brightest, Best Throw, Widest Spill, Best Heat Sinking, Cool White only XML-U2 1300 lumen P60 Drop In.

Background reading:
1) Please Google: "Direct bonded XM-L emitter to Copper" for background on Match test results of an XML-T6 mounted on a copper slug.

2)
A Maelstrom X10 Light I modded: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?339390-vinhnguyen54-My-Brightest-Maelstrom-X10

I was impressed when I saw Match over at budgetlightforum tested an XML-T6 to 6A and had acquired 1500 lumen!

After some testings with XML-U2 on Copper PCB myself I came to the conclusion that the aluminum PCB was the immediate bottle neck to the XML LED. Of course we can't mount the XML on a large chunk of Copper like match with our P60 pills...But sure enough we can reduce the immediate heat bottle neck from the XML by using a Copper PCB so that the heat has a larger area to disburse onto greater heat sinking. This method has been used in the TK41, Olight SR series, TN31 etc where the LED is mounted on a Copper PCB for good immediate heat relieve onto greater body/host heat sinking.

With this concept in mind I used the extra deep pills that I have and solder melt as much as I can inside the pill for a good secondary substantial heat sink. Now utilizing Selected, Whitest and Brightest XML-U2 on a copper PCB and good arctic silver thermal adhesive I was able to relieve the immediate heat from the LED faster into the solid pill and then into the host for noticable increase in brightness. I can now Direct Drive the XML to 5.5A with a clear increased in output. For now, I think this is the brightest XML-U2 Drop in I can make. I would guestimate LED output to be around 1300 lumen at start up. I will do further testings with my light meter and report back. I modded my X10 (link above) this way drove it up to 6A and got GREAT results!

For now this is the only specification you can order for this light as I find it to be the brightest and most reliable setup.

- Smooth Shallow reflector for best throws and ultra wide beam found on any P60.
- Extra Deep pill for greater solder melted fill
- 5.5A Direct Drive on custom PCB for best current delivery. This also allow me extra spacing for more solder fill.
- XML-U2 mounted on Copper PCB. I save the brightest and whitest U2s for this sale thread drop in.
- 24Guage Teflon wires for heat resistance.
- 4.2V Max, Require Quality 18650, IMR18650 or 26650 for best result!

$55

- Please note that that this drop in is quite heavier than all my other P60 Drop.

- If this is not the brightest and best throw reflector single XML drop in your collection please send it back to me for a refund and I will provide a $10 Gift for just trying it out!

- Free Shipping Worldwide

Paypal: [email protected]

Pictures:

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04739.jpg

DSC04736.jpg

P1020221.jpg

P1020236.jpg

P1020237-1.jpg

Same exact warnings and disclaimer apply from my Run 6 sale thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Sale-Thread-NEW-PILL-AND-REFLECTOR-AVAILABLE

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, vinh, when do you think you can get different setups for that in production? I'm thinking about getting one in 2.8~6V and regulated 4.5A flavor. (I'm not sure if that amount of current is even safe for 2xCR123A, but what the heck. Short bursts of 4.2A works fine, so I doubt that 0.3A will make much difference.)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
CR123A are not safe and they really can't push the current for max brightness. You don't like 18650?

Hey, vinh, when do you think you can get different setups for that in production? I'm thinking about getting one in 2.8~6V and regulated 4.5A flavor. (I'm not sure if that amount of current is even safe for 2xCR123A, but what the heck. Short bursts of 4.2A works fine, so I doubt that 0.3A will make much difference.)

N

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not that I don't like 18650.

It's just that I use RCR123As and have primaries as spares because they're easier to carry for me.

Oh, and the fact that my C2 isn't bored for 18650.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
An L2T is an excellent budget C2 at it's just $18. You really need quality 18650 or 26650 to get max lumen.

It's not that I don't like 18650.

It's just that I use RCR123As and have primaries as spares because they're easier to carry for me.

Oh, and the fact that my C2 isn't bored for 18650.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thinking one of these is a FM 26650 cooly would be a great set up.....

The cooly is a great host for cooling only if you can some how wrap aluminum tightly around the drop in. The cooly deep drop in placement makes it very hard to wrap and insert...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Make sure you have:

- very high quality 18650, IMR18650 or 26650 batteries
- A current switch such as the McCLicky
- Ultra tight aluminum wrap and insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.