Olight New Models!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    oh ok no worries, I like the thin ones anyway.....

Don't worry free upgrade for yah if I see a noticeable difference. I am sure there will be a noticable difference in larger light though as I can utilize all of the copper.

Default Re: vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

A week sounds good. And so are you making two setups still one with the shallow reflector and thick pill and one with a deeper reflector and shallower pill? Whats the plus and minuses of these two set ups?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.lumen View Post
    A week sounds good. And so are you making two setups still one with the shallow reflector and thick pill and one with a deeper reflector and shallower pill? Whats the plus and minuses of these two set ups?
    Shallow reflector + deep pill = great heat sinking and Smooth reflector only, and wide beam

Deep reflector + Shallow pill = less heat sinking and OP& Smooth reflector and narrow beam

All throws about the same.

I have sent $55 for one already in post #57 I hope you noticed? (Unique Transaction ID 3ET40413VL744290M)
    Direct drive, shallow reflector for throw, solder filled.

Thanks

Reflectors came in! I will ship your build today! Yayyy :-)

How do these compare with your other xml dropins driven at 4.2a ? I think led output on those were like 1000 lumens? The 4.2a dropin of yours I have gets warm quick on high. 5.5a would push more light out the front but I wonder how it compares side by side and also how it better manages the heat?

Got any pics of both beams?

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul320 View Post
    How do these compare with your other xml dropins driven at 4.2a ? I think led output on those were like 1000 lumens? The 4.2a dropin of yours I have gets warm quick on high. 5.5a would push more light out the front but I wonder how it compares side by side and also how it better manages the heat?

Got any pics of both?
    I only have glenn7 1300 lumen drop in completed and I am abotu to ship it now. I wonder if he minds If I keep it another day for night beam shots. Let me ask him. The copper and extra solder does rally draw the heat out fast to the host thus maintaining peak brightness longer than the 4.2A drop in before. These ultra high powered drop ins are meant to be used in short bursts only where we want every bit of lumen possible in a P60 set up.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I only have glenn7 1300 lumen drop in completed and I am abotu to ship it now. I wonder if he minds If I keep it another day for night beam shots. Let me ask him. The copper and extra solder does rally draw the heat out fast to the host thus maintaining peak brightness longer than the 4.2A drop in before. These ultra high powered drop ins are meant to be used in short bursts only where we want every bit of lumen possible in a P60 set up.
    I just hold up to the ceiling to to compare the 4.2A 1000 lumen and the 5.5A 1300 lumen and the difference is CLEAR!

As a matter of fact to my eyes the 1300 lumen is more than 30% brighter than the 1000 lumen. I think the copper really helps pull the heat immediately away from the LED for the large solder filled pill as opposed to the aluminum bottleneck star.

I used a large copper PCB for my Maelstrom X10 light and the difference was very clear compared to the stock aluminum star too!

Let me ask glenn7 if I can hold on to his drop in one more day for night beamshots.

ill probably bite at one of them... i get paid tomorrow, and plus you already will be shipping me a switch and the 219 dropin so if i were to get one say this weekend, i would be saving you a trip to the post office right ;P

ill probably bite at one of them... i get paid tomorrow, and plus you already will be shipping me a switch and the 219 dropin so if i were to get one say this weekend, i would be saving you a trip to the post office right ;P
    PM Sent

Beam Shot taken 10 seconds after turn on. Its brighter in real life but I have to turn down the exposure so we can see the beam.

4.2A Aluminum XML-U2 Thermal injection, Deep pill, shallow smooth reflector

5.5A Copper XML-U2 Solder filled, Deep Pill, shallow smooth reflector
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-26-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Flashaholic*

Sniff sniff sniff! I see my dropin......beautiful! I'm hoping for 6amps in my copper FM host with FETtie

I really do feel that the light is most suitable for scanning outdoor property in short bursts. Massive output in a small pocket-able package to serve as a spot light.

Very cool. Im going to use in my cooly for now. Any heatsinking ideas? Its difficult to get foil down into the head

Yea I want one :-) let me know as soon as you can have one built and ill send you the money!

Very cool. Im going to use in my cooly for now. Any heatsinking ideas? Its difficult to get foil down into the head
    I don't liek the cooly persaonally as I think that host has tough drop in fitment for heat sinking. I do like the: 1 Fivemega 26650 Copper Insert Black + Fetie Switch USD 200

Sold here:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...g-For-A-Friend

Quote Originally Posted by mr.lumen View Post
    Yea I want one :-) let me know as soon as you can have one built and ill send you the money!
    I will post here when the copper are back in stock. You may also use this pill with a OP reflector for a even better beam but the drop in will be come quite tall. An o-ring might be necessary to cover the gap between the head and the body for aesthetic reason.

Enlightened

vinh,

Any up-dated news yet?

paypal sent 07-23-12 Transaction ID: 6YD11951Y8448360A

Thanks

I am still waiting on Copper PCB....It should be here soon....But if you want I can always issue a refund...Please let me know.

Enlightened

vinh,

thanks for the up-date, I'll be patient and wait (but it's so hard waiting )

any copper pcb yet? lol

i'm so anxious
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Flashaholic*

Got mine yesterday.
    Very well done Vinn thank you - can't believe you can make it get so many amps and so much light from one little led with a fairly tight beam for a P60 and it's white with no angry blue

PS: that copper S12 is bright - thank you again mate. So when are Cree and Luminus hiring you as their R&D man?.....

Got mine yesterday.
    Very well done Vinn thank you - can't believe you can make it get so many amps and so much light from one little led with a fairly tight beam for a P60 and it's white with no angry blue

PS: that copper S12 is bright - thank you again mate. So when are Cree and Luminus hiring you as their R&D man?.....
    LOL

Glad you like yours!

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    any copper pcb yet? lol

i'm so anxious

Still not yet :-( sorry for keeping you guys wait...

Copper are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot! PICS?!?

-Jamie M.

paypal sent =-)

For 1300 lumen drop in and a Mc Clicky for Solarforce host - $62.

Thanks.

excellent the best part about this is that I have other goodies from you coming with this as well! lol

Looking forward to my drop-in!!!

How many are left?