Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **NEW**Fenix LD41

Default **NEW**Fenix LD41

Fenix LD41 is a high-performance outdoor flashlight with a wide range of applications. It employs the unique dual tail cap switches to provide quick switching between four brightness levels and two flashing modes – and a momentary-on function. The elongated all-metal housing, containing four readily-available AA batteries with sufficient power, makes it comfortable to hold. Featuring constant brightness and waterproofing to IPX-8 standards, LD41 can be a good partner in various outdoor conditions and in emergencies.

Technical Parameters(ANSI/FSC)
    Output: 5lm (160h), 80lm (20h), 190lm (7h30m), 520lm(2h10m)
    DISTANCE:200m
    Intensity:10000cd
    impact resistant:1m
    waterproof:IPX-8 underwater 2m
    accessories: holster, lanyard and spare o-ring

◎ Uses Cree XM-L (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
    ◎ Uses four 1.5V AA (Ni-MH, Alkaline ) batteries
    ◎ 175mm (Length) x 40mm (Diameter)
    ◎ 180-gram weight (excluding batteries)
    ◎ Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
    ◎ Reverse polarity protection guards against improper battery installation
    ◎ Low-voltage reminder indicates when battery replacement is needed
    ◎ Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
    ◎ Tactical tail cap switch with momentary-on function
    ◎ Tail mode switch, one click for brightness selection
    ◎ Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
    ◎ Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
    ◎ Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

more detail:http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=115
    Last edited by inspirit; 06-15-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: wrong spell

Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

520LM,4 AA, sounds good for me.

Just wonder how much it would be.

Nice

Latest review(s): Olight R20 - Olight SR Mini - Fenix TK35UE

Default Sounds good, what about the LD50? Also, C88

Sounds good, but what ever happened to the other 4xAA Fenix - the LD50: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...LD30-LD41-LD50 Also, the Cyclone C88 is in a somewhat different class, but is 3AA and 910 lumens: Cyclone C88 XM-L U2 910Lm Flashlight
    Last edited by Norm; 06-17-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Link Removed

Default Re: Sounds good, what about the LD50? Also, C88

Quote Originally Posted by Chilipepr View Post
    Sounds good, but what ever happened to the other 4xAA Fenix - the LD50: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...LD30-LD41-LD50
    Think the LD30 and LD50 will come this month/next month.
    Latest review(s): Olight R20 - Olight SR Mini - Fenix TK35UE

that's one ugly looking light LOL

Flashaholic*

I likt that it tail stands, but not the best looking light i've seen... too squared.

Flashaholic*

I have to say Fenix's lights have been drifting toward mediocre.
    Only 3.5 modes (see how Turbo times out after 30 minutes)
    and their pricing is not positioned toward value any more.
    Last edited by MichaelW; 06-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
    Only 3.5 modes (see how Turbo times out after 30 minutes).
    I don't think this would bother me, anyway, I could turn it up to the highest level when it turns down to high, the same to the TK35.
    And 30 minutes is quiet enough for me.
    Anyway, I would be happy to get 520 lumens by using only 4aa, and I like AA.
    Last edited by regulation; 06-15-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yliu View Post
    I likt that it tail stands, but not the best looking light i've seen... too squared.
    I find the picture kind of missing, is it really able to tail stands or they just put it up by using the PS.
    Got to check with them.

Enlightened

Any idea when or where this can purchased? Was about to get the Jetbeam PA40 but I like the Fenix interface better.

The fact that it throttles down from turbo after 30mins is enough to put me off buying it. It's also the reason I don't won't buy a TK35. I know that in all real world usage it really won't make much difference at all, but it's enough to bother me, which is a shame really as they both look like fantastic lights.

Fixed time throttling is pointless IMO especially as it can be re-activated immediately afterwards not to mention that flashlights tend to reach equilibrium temperature much sooner than 30mins. Temperature sensing thermal throttling would make much more sense as implemented in the 4sevens x10 which doesn't kick in unless it's really hot. I wonder if there is some sort of hack involving a soldering iron to prevent the throttling on the Fenix lights?

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    Any idea when or where this can purchased? Was about to get the Jetbeam PA40 but I like the Fenix interface better.
    Fenix plan to ship LD41 to distributors around the world on June 25.

I actually think this looks better than the PA40, as I'm not generally a fan of the polymer bodied lights.

I like that you get more modes with the LD41, and for me the mode spacing is much better. The LD41 is also shorter (albeit my a mere 8mm), and it actually weighs less than the PA40 (again, a paltry 5g).

Now I just gotta see what they're asking for one.

im getting this if the price is reasonable, its what ive been waiting for a high lumen 4 double a light other then the sunwayman m40a

The 520 lumens & 2hrs 10 mins. runtime are good. The batteries carrier seems changed from earlier models use 4xAAs.
    Latest Review : Acebeam K40M Review

Interesting !

I would like Confirmation that it can accept Energizer Lithium L91 batteries.

_

I love this light already!

I do a lot of flash photography, so I have a near-infinite amount of eneloops. One problem with that is that - while they're great for flashlights - I can't break them up for a flashlight because then I'd have to recondition every battery individually.

The form factor seems pretty good for a 4AA unit as well. Loving the double tailcap buttons, but I wonder how it'll work in practice. This would be a candidate to go into my night shooting camera bag, which now only has a fenix e11 on a single battery.

Wow, I didn't even see that this light had a forward-clicky. That pretty much seals the deal assuming that the price is reasonable.

In regards to the complaints about the squared off tailcap, I like it as I'll take function over form every time. The lack of tail-standing is what has kept me from the PA40, and clearly this light was designed with stable tail-standing in mind.

So, does anyone have an idea of what the price is gonna look like for this light?

Quote Originally Posted by candle lamp View Post
    The 520 lumens & 2hrs 10 mins. runtime are good. The batteries carrier seems changed from earlier models use 4xAAs.
    "Notice: The LD41 will automatically enter into the high brightness level from the Turbo brightness level after a 30-minute working time with the security settings. So the runtime of the Turbo brightness is the accumulated time" '

So in other words - basically a lie. I mean - "This light gives 800 lumens for 15 hours!" (Note: After 1 minute, light drops to 50 lumen "safety mode").

Though this light does look very interesting to me. Just that one part is a bit off (and unrealistic - thus reading the fine print to see how that many lumens for that long using only 4xaa).

Quote Originally Posted by mmace1 View Post
    "Notice: The LD41 will automatically enter into the high brightness level from the Turbo brightness level after a 30-minute working time with the security settings. So the runtime of the Turbo brightness is the accumulated time" '

So in other words - basically a lie. I mean - "This light gives 800 lumens for 15 hours!" (Note: After 1 minute, light drops to 50 lumen "safety mode").

Though this light does look very interesting to me. Just that one part is a bit off (and unrealistic - thus reading the fine print to see how that many lumens for that long using only 4xaa).
    I interpreted it differently than you did. To me it means that you can run the light in turbo mode for approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes total, assuming that you immediately cycle back to turbo after each 30 minute drop-down.

I did a review of the prototype LD41:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ototype-Review

There were a couple of early pics with the LD41 specified as having 458lm output, but my measurement of its output gave 510lm, so it looks like the prototype was pretty close to the version due to be released.

What would have made this a perfect light for me would have been the use of the sidewinder switch (personally I don't like tail switches), but as a powerful AA powered light, this is excellent.
    Last edited by subwoofer; 06-20-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Subwoofer - Objective and Honest reviews
    Latest Reviews - @Subwoofer_CPF #SubwoofersReviews and Facebook
    ”The Torch Geek”

Fenix LD41 is available now!

I'm looking forward to some reviews.

Really wish they went neutral white though.

The LD40 throws 207m and the LD41 200m. Is the diference really so negigible?
    We mostly come out at night...mostly

Quote Originally Posted by igoman View Post
    The LD40 throws 207m and the LD41 200m. Is the diference really so negigible?
    It is not the throw that makes these two lights different. It's the LED and the Lumens, and the steel body, only if you care the plastic body in the LD40.

I don't seem to find many beamshots of the LD41 (compared to LD40 would be nice). I assume the LD41 is a lot more floodier than the LD40. Maybe I should wait for the LD50 (or Zebra Q50)
    We mostly come out at night...mostly

Can anyone confirm it can tail stand? I don't see Fenix mention it can tail stand. If can't tail stand, I won't buy it as I tail stand my flashlights a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris762 View Post
    Once it gets to the US it will be about a week until its ready to go to an end user. I believe the June 25 estimate is too early and will more likely be early July. If you, or anyone is interested in one I will be stocking them as soon as they arrive. You can PM me for more info.

There are two prices I could expect to see. It could be a moderate increase from the LD40, bringing the LD41 to around $65. However since the output has been increased significantly over the LD40 I could also envision it running about $80-$90 retail. As of yet there is not official price released.

They are available now. Your pricing estimates are accurate on the high end.

LightJuntion Jeff
    Lightjunction.com - Illuminate Your World!