Maxpedition - Bags and Packs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **NEW**Fenix LD41

Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

So, does anyone have one of these yet?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DENGOH View Post
    Can anyone confirm it can tail stand? I don't see Fenix mention it can tail stand. If can't tail stand, I won't buy it as I tail stand my flashlights a lot.
    Mine wobbles in the standing position. The on/off portion of the switching boot protrudes approximately 0.083 inches past the bottom edging...just enough to cause my LD41 to wobble if I try to tail stand it.

Flashaholic

Maybe I will drill a hole ( oops in a dent ) in my desk so I can tailstand my flashlight.
    You would think that they would have engineered around that.
    Leslie W. Knight

I have been waiting for Fenix to awnser the XML JetBeam PA40. I have the Fenix LD40 and JetBeam PA40 and like both, but I will not be getting the LD41. I like the Plastic or Carbon Fiber bodies. I use my lights in the fall, winter and early spring, most of the time, and the non-metal bodies much better in the cold. I leave the 4 AA cell lights in the vehicles with Energizer Lithium's in there just so I have a light that is ready to go. Just one users opinion...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    Maybe I will drill a hole ( oops in a dent ) in my desk so I can tailstand my flashlight.
    You would think that they would have engineered around that.
    As silly as it sounds, I drilled a 3/4" hole through a non-skid coaster to tail-stand my LD-41. Take that, Fenix.

Quote Originally Posted by DENGOH View Post
    Can anyone confirm it can tail stand? I don't see Fenix mention it can tail stand. If can't tail stand, I won't buy it as I tail stand my flashlights a lot.
    It can tailstand but is a bit wobbly because the clicky protrudes. Great light though

Regarding the Fenix LD41, the electronic switch used to change the brightness level needs very little pressure to activate while the on/off button needs a good amount of force to change state. Now the thing is that I'm pushing that electronic switch instead of the on/off button more often than not.

So here's my question for you guys, do you think that I could probably end up crushing that electronic switch or perhaps even its circuit board? I really hope that Fenix took this little detail into consideration...

Thanks for reading.

[QUOTE=bon1;4019489]So here's my question for you guys, do you think that I could probably end up crushing that electronic switch or perhaps even its circuit board? [QUOTE]

Though you use the mode changing switch often, I don't think that switch is too weak to be apt to break down. The on-off & mode changing switches are integral to the plastic battery carrier.
    Maybe you think the battery carrier looks weak and you have some concerns over long-term stability. It's weaker than steel structure, but seems reasonalbe quality.
    Latest Review : Rayus PT10S Review

Thank you for writing back, candle lamp!

I know that the battery carrier is of a reasonable build quality, but my concern is that I'm often mistaking the electronic switch for the on/off switch. Thus, I end up appliying a lot more force than needed on that electronic switch and that's why I'm afraid of breaking it. Is this a real possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by bon1 View Post

I know that the battery carrier is of a reasonable build quality, but my concern is that I'm often mistaking the electronic switch for the on/off switch. Thus, I end up appliying a lot more force than needed on that electronic switch and that's why I'm afraid of breaking it. Is this a real possibility?
    I see what you mean. The on-off switch is bigger and protrude a lot more than the electronic switch. The space between the two switches is 13mm. So you can easily recognize which switch is what you need to click first.
    Latest Review : Rayus PT10S Review

Quote Originally Posted by candle lamp View Post
    I see what you mean. The on-off switch is bigger and protrude a lot more than the electronic switch. The space between the two switches is 13mm. So you can easily recognize which switch is what you need to click first.
    Not really, I'm telling you that I'm pushing one switch instead of the other like half of the time--specially when the flashlight is on.

Quote Originally Posted by bon1 View Post

there are many types of these tiny electronic switches. some can take the force no problem, but some can't. so basically we don't know so try to avoid mashing down on them

Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    there are many types of these tiny electronic switches. some can take the force no problem, but some can't. so basically we don't know so try to avoid mashing down on them
    Now, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Overclocker!

I hope that someone reading this thread can tell us what kind of electronic switch does the Fenix LD41 use.