Maxpedition - Bags and Packs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: **NEW**Fenix LD41

  1. #31

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    So, does anyone have one of these yet?

  2. #32
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by DENGOH View Post
    Can anyone confirm it can tail stand? I don't see Fenix mention it can tail stand. If can't tail stand, I won't buy it as I tail stand my flashlights a lot.
    Mine wobbles in the standing position. The on/off portion of the switching boot protrudes approximately 0.083 inches past the bottom edging...just enough to cause my LD41 to wobble if I try to tail stand it.

  3. #33
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Maybe I will drill a hole ( oops in a dent ) in my desk so I can tailstand my flashlight.
    You would think that they would have engineered around that.
    Leslie W. Knight

  4. #34
    Flashaholic whiteoakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    I have been waiting for Fenix to awnser the XML JetBeam PA40. I have the Fenix LD40 and JetBeam PA40 and like both, but I will not be getting the LD41. I like the Plastic or Carbon Fiber bodies. I use my lights in the fall, winter and early spring, most of the time, and the non-metal bodies much better in the cold. I leave the 4 AA cell lights in the vehicles with Energizer Lithium's in there just so I have a light that is ready to go. Just one users opinion...

  5. #35
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    Maybe I will drill a hole ( oops in a dent ) in my desk so I can tailstand my flashlight.
    You would think that they would have engineered around that.
    As silly as it sounds, I drilled a 3/4" hole through a non-skid coaster to tail-stand my LD-41. Take that, Fenix.

  6. #36

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by DENGOH View Post
    Can anyone confirm it can tail stand? I don't see Fenix mention it can tail stand. If can't tail stand, I won't buy it as I tail stand my flashlights a lot.
    It can tailstand but is a bit wobbly because the clicky protrudes. Great light though

  7. #37

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Regarding the Fenix LD41, the electronic switch used to change the brightness level needs very little pressure to activate while the on/off button needs a good amount of force to change state. Now the thing is that I'm pushing that electronic switch instead of the on/off button more often than not.

    So here's my question for you guys, do you think that I could probably end up crushing that electronic switch or perhaps even its circuit board? I really hope that Fenix took this little detail into consideration...

    Thanks for reading.

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* candle lamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    [QUOTE=bon1;4019489]So here's my question for you guys, do you think that I could probably end up crushing that electronic switch or perhaps even its circuit board? [QUOTE]

    Though you use the mode changing switch often, I don't think that switch is too weak to be apt to break down. The on-off & mode changing switches are integral to the plastic battery carrier.
    Maybe you think the battery carrier looks weak and you have some concerns over long-term stability. It's weaker than steel structure, but seems reasonalbe quality.
    Latest Review : Rayus PT10S Review

  9. #39

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Thank you for writing back, candle lamp!

    I know that the battery carrier is of a reasonable build quality, but my concern is that I'm often mistaking the electronic switch for the on/off switch. Thus, I end up appliying a lot more force than needed on that electronic switch and that's why I'm afraid of breaking it. Is this a real possibility?

  10. #40
    Flashaholic* candle lamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by bon1 View Post
    Thank you for writing back, candle lamp!

    I know that the battery carrier is of a reasonable build quality, but my concern is that I'm often mistaking the electronic switch for the on/off switch. Thus, I end up appliying a lot more force than needed on that electronic switch and that's why I'm afraid of breaking it. Is this a real possibility?
    I see what you mean. The on-off switch is bigger and protrude a lot more than the electronic switch. The space between the two switches is 13mm. So you can easily recognize which switch is what you need to click first.
    Latest Review : Rayus PT10S Review

  11. #41

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by candle lamp View Post
    I see what you mean. The on-off switch is bigger and protrude a lot more than the electronic switch. The space between the two switches is 13mm. So you can easily recognize which switch is what you need to click first.
    Not really, I'm telling you that I'm pushing one switch instead of the other like half of the time--specially when the flashlight is on.

  12. #42

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by bon1 View Post
    Thank you for writing back, candle lamp!

    I know that the battery carrier is of a reasonable build quality, but my concern is that I'm often mistaking the electronic switch for the on/off switch. Thus, I end up appliying a lot more force than needed on that electronic switch and that's why I'm afraid of breaking it. Is this a real possibility?
    there are many types of these tiny electronic switches. some can take the force no problem, but some can't. so basically we don't know so try to avoid mashing down on them

  13. #43

    Default Re: **NEW**Fenix LD41

    Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    there are many types of these tiny electronic switches. some can take the force no problem, but some can't. so basically we don't know so try to avoid mashing down on them
    Now, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Overclocker!

    I hope that someone reading this thread can tell us what kind of electronic switch does the Fenix LD41 use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •