**NEW** Fenix E40 (4AA, XP-E R4, 17500cd)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this..

retail price approx.: 43.64 USD

15cd0nk.jpg

2reini1.jpg

15cj639.jpg

9urf4w.jpg

6syij4.jpg

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **NEW** Fenix E40 (4AA, XP-E, 17500cd)

Does it use a R2 or R3 XP-E ?

firelord777

Enlightened
Looks like it'll throw noticeably better than the LD40 XP-G, but slightly less bright:)

kj2

Flashaholic
It;s just a new LD40 :p
Looks good, but won't take one.

edit; Had a look at this light, at my local dealer. Do think now that I'll take one. That plastic handle is very handy in cold-weather. :)

Last edited:

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Meh...

Only 3 brightness levels? the forth mode wasted on a strobe? :thumbsdow

Unless this thing is a throw-king, or a follow-up to the TK20, I don't really see a reason for it.

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
Why get this when a Jetbeam PA40 delivers 468lm and is structurally almost identical? > love my PA40

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the point of this light is to bring dual switches (for instant strobe, mode switching, etc.) on a flashlight to the general population.

firelord777

Enlightened
Does anyone know how much it'll cost?

@Kwalker, the PA40 and this serve two different purposes. Your PA40, while surely much brighter, simply won't throw as far as this. The PA was around 5K lux I believe, this is 17K (supposedly). However, it is obviously not as bright as the PA:)

Cheers

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Tobrien my friend, yes, I believe you are correct, I assumed this as well seeing that "E" in E40 stands for "Economy", so perhaps it would be more feasible for more people?

Regards

tam17

Enlightened
What happened to the efficiency? PA40 is supposed to run 6h on 220lm using the same battery format. A step backward IMHO...

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happened to the efficiency? PA40 is supposed to run 6h on 220lm using the same battery format. A step backward IMHO...

That's to be expected really as the PA40 has 4 times the die area and therefore will be running much more efficiently at that level. The advantage of the E40 is throw. I would have expected a bit better from the E40 though but we need to see runtime graphs from both to compare. Specs tell you very little, even if they are ANSI rated.

fiberguy

Newly Enlightened
$40 for a decent durable light from a trusted manufacturer? I'd probably buy one. It's a little throwy but it would have its function. I've wasted more on lights that were a bigger gamble before (and lost, of course)

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
$40 for a decent durable light from a trusted manufacturer? I'd probably buy one. It's a little throwy but it would have its function. I've wasted more on lights that were a bigger gamble before (and lost, of course)

E40 the rapper?
LOL, I am glad to see this. Pretty much for more throw. I am actually glad to see them use that emitter.
I figured I would seen the LD41/LD50 though. It's actually brighter then the LD40.

Still love my PA40(SMO) though.

ico

Enlightened
I think this would be just great specially for normal folks just like the E21 that is both affordable and built like a tank. As I was reading its specs, I was even ashamed because my Quark turbo X can only do about 10,000 lux; not that they can be compared but it is my farthest thrower as of now:mecry: