(Cheap) White Nichia's Wanted

UK Owl

Enlightened
(Cheap) White Nichia\'s Wanted

Hi all,

I am having another go at modding a 2AA MiniM*g to run two white LED'S, using a MAX756 chip.

To minimise the space taken I am free-building (i.e. no pcb, simply solder the components directly to each other, and pack the unit in epoxy resin.

To complete this project I want some high output Nichias, but I don't fancy paying the £3 each I paid last time I bought some. The 1200mcd 15 degree ones would be nice, but if ones with a beam angle of 30 degrees at a slightly reduced outputare available all the better.

I seem to remember a member of this forum from this half of the world selling them cheaply a few months ago, but I can not remember who it was.

If you are that person, or if you know of a cheap UK source can you please respond to this posting.

Thanx!

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (Cheap) White Nichia\'s Wanted

www.lsdiodes.com US based. IIRC, 75c for their brightest white, but not Nichia's. Most who have bought from them say that there is no noticeable difference.

For Nichia LEDs, www.whitelightled.com They were Nichia when I last bought from him, but that was a while ago. Cost twice as much as lsdiodes though.