Sunwayman / SunwayLed

Roood

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!

I am planning to be an Authorized Dealer and Retailer here in the Philippines for Sunwayman Flashlights. What can you tell me about their products? Are they worth it? Quality and Durability?

I have never owned one and would like feedback on users who currently use them all the time.

www.sunwayman.com

Comments and suggestions please. Thank you. :)

Cheers!
-Rod

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Bought M11RU2, V11R, M40A U2, V20A and V10R few weeks ago. Very good quality, one of the best form China. I think it's comparable to some well known brand. Are they worth it? For flashaholic, it's a bargain. The only thing I don't know is durability. if I can only bring one down a cave, I will get a surefire.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my V10R Ti - and my wife loves her V10R
im pretty picky about lights - and this one ticks all the boxes for me

I havent seen or heard anything bad about them either - CPF is generally a pretty good indicator of decent lights

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am planning to be an Authorized Dealer and Retailer here in the Philippines for Sunwayman Flashlights. (...)
I have never owned one
I have never owned one either and that is exactly why i would not sell them. i would only sell stuff which i know very well from personal ownership and experience.

yliu

Enlightened
They make very nice looking, good quality lights.

I find that Sunwayman lights tend to be a bit more expensive than Fenix or Olight, at least in the EU.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I do not own one yet, but from some of the pieces of info I've gotten here on CPF, Sunwayman seems to makes high quality lights. They are more known for their superb anodizing, light weight, comfortable UI's, and great machining. I have heard here and there that they are not the strongest lights but they hold up well to EDC and light tactical use. I am sure that there are a few models that are gun worthy and can take a fair beating, but the general feel that I've gotten is that they are tough but not that tough. Your mileage may vary, as it does with all things. To me Sunwayman fits into the high quality, user friendly, everyday lights categories. They tend to have classy designs with rich, beautiful anodizing that just looks good and wears well.

I would just like to again point out that I do not own any Sunwayman lights so the above thoughts are not based on experience and testing, but more on conversations that I have read here on CPF and on other sites.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Philippines? Sunawayman? Really? Seriously?
How many flashaholics exist in your country who are willing to pay SWM prices?
If you dont mind selling low numbers of your stocked SWM products, then okay. Otherwise I would try to sell other reputable brands which are less expensive and even more popular with "everyone" incl military and LEO's.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a couple of Sunwayman lights. They are both well-made and reliable. The magnetic rings are reliable and stand up to everyday use. I have had no problems with mine. One gets EDC use. For serious use we should all carry backup lights no matter what brand.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one SWM light ... a V11R, which I like a lot. They are a bit more costly, though this is due in large part to the fact that most of the product line utilizes a magnetic control ring. I think they are worth the money spent on them.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you dont mind selling low numbers of your stocked SWM products, then okay. Otherwise I would try to sell other reputable brands which are less expensive and even more popular with "everyone" incl military and LEO's.

So you think he should become a Surefire dealer then? Because everyone is willing to pay $300 for a flashlight?

Roood

Newly Enlightened

A lot of brands already exist here in the Philippines and yes people do buy them. SureFire, Fenix, JetBeam, Klarus, 4Sevens, SolarForce, Xeno, ITP, OLight, 4Sevens, Blackhawk, 5.11 and Inova. I need something different and unique from whats already available locally. Sunwayman has great products and good Customer Service and their lights are unique to the local competition.

I am getting the V11R and V20C to introduce to the local market and we will see how it goes. But so far I already have customers making down payments for the lights. Most of them are non-flashaholics (which they dont have to be).

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of Sunwayman lights, the V10rTi and the V11R, I like them very much.

Basically the V10rTi stayed in my pocket since day one as EDC (since they came out). It is a very solid and reliable light that has been through a lot, but always brushes up and sparkles afterwards. It was replaced by the V11R when that emerged and that has stayed EDC since.

At The last two CPF meets in the UK, the V10rTi was the light more members had than others (you tend to see quite a large range of lights at these events, it is suprising that there isn't more duplication between us). Also at these meets, I had the chance to play with a T40CS - which I would be happy to carry also, great hotspot and throw.

I do not use SWM lights exclusively, I'm also happy with my Surefire, Fenix, Klarus, Olight, Lummi, Jetbeam, First Light, etc etc., but as the OP asked I thought I'd chip in.

Good luck with your sales.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my V11R and I'm sure it is as tough as my Fenixes... it sure feels as good. I haven't seen anyone complain about Sunwayman quality so far, which is a great sign.

PCS

Newly Enlightened
I'm almost embarrassed to say I now have nine Sunwayman lights. I just really like them. They're all very well made, attractive, and fun to use (and collect).

Roood

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone every tried using them as weapon mounted lights? How'd they do so far? Just curious how it handles the recoil on a pistol to an M4 and maybe even higher.

egrep

Enlightened
Has anyone every tried using them as weapon mounted lights? How'd they do so far? Just curious how it handles the recoil on a pistol to an M4 and maybe even higher.

The V10R has zero business as a weapon light.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my v10r ti. It's a awsome lump of ti for the $. Well water proofed, mine is polished, i wash it alot :) Simple output ajustment, no blinky modes.
Only downside is runtimes with really lo output. Pretty bad compared with a quark moonmode. On high or around medium output, the runtimes is not bad.