$100 increase for their current lights?? I seriously have the worst timing ever...

SuperBro

Newly Enlightened
for the past two month I have been looking at the prometheus website. just looking over his lights. i am happy to say that i can finally make a purchase of one of his lights next fortnight, after pay day. i refresh his website one last time to look at the different finishes when I see a new price hahaha

Man, I feel so unlucky. I was planning on getting his apprentice package deal but it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. Lol! It's all good right half the fun is in the wait

:stupid:

Last edited:

MoreToasties

Newly Enlightened
Not much has changed except for LED choices, and now he includes the clip! I say you should go for it :)

However, his Blue-Label lights (as they're called now) have gotten a LOT sweeter, so perhaps that's a better option for you. It's the route I'm going, anyways.

abacojeff

Newly Enlightened
Not much has changed except for LED choices, and now he includes the clip! I say you should go for it :)

However, his Blue-Label lights (as they're called now) have gotten a LOT sweeter, so perhaps that's a better option for you. It's the route I'm going, anyways.

Yo Moretoasties,

I think you missed the OP's point... the exact same "Blue-Label" lights (9 Blasted/Polished and 7 Brushed) on the website now were available 2 weeks ago for $100 less. The lights that are currently for sale aren't part of a new production run, but the price suddenly jumped up.

To be fair to Jason, he did mention that he was going to subcontract the machining to hold his prices.... So now the mass produced units take over the price point that the personally made lights held. I should have taken into consideration that that might have pushed up existing light prices.

I recently purchased one of the Alpha Ice special run units and can't say enough about the quality of the build, bright but creamy white light (580 lumens from a 5700K MCE!), useful flood and long life (90 min)...

I was thinking about picking up a Brushed XML with TIR optic for a companion with a little more throw. But after springing for the Ice, the extra $100 added on top will be a little hard to swing.

It could have been a good sales tool to advertise to CPF members to pick up the current wave before the price increase...

That won't stop me from highly recommending Jason's lights, though!

MoreToasties

Newly Enlightened

Yo Moretoasties,

I think you missed the OP's point... the exact same "Blue-Label" lights (9 Blasted/Polished and 7 Brushed) on the website now were available 2 weeks ago for $100 less. The lights that are currently for sale aren't part of a new production run, but the price suddenly jumped up.

[con't]

Fair, but I think you've missed my point as well. There has been a price increase, sure, but it's not simply an extra $100 added to the bill. With the new 'blue line', which is (as you said) $100 extra, you get free or discounted upgrades, pocket clip, an AC adapter, letter stamping, etc. All in all, it's more like $40 more.

CMAG

Enlightened
Fair, but I think you've missed my point as well. There has been a price increase, sure, but it's not simply an extra $100 added to the bill. With the new 'blue line', which is (as you said) $100 extra, you get free or discounted upgrades, pocket clip, an AC adapter, letter stamping, etc. All in all, it's more like $40 more.
+1 I got in on the first run and must say these lights are worth every penny (you could say my timing was better) a great light for the $$$ even at +100 A sweet beam, with allot of cool running power for its size

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean that the ready made was previously retailing for $125 and jumped o $225? or the creation of the blue line with a price difference of $100 from the ready made line?

for the past two month I have been looking at the prometheus website. just looking over his lights. i am happy to say that i can finally make a purchase of one of his lights next fortnight, after pay day. i refresh his website one last time to look at the different finishes when I see a new price hahaha

Man, I feel so unlucky. I was planning on getting his apprentice package deal but it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. Lol! It's all good right half the fun is in the wait

:stupid:

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
apparently a price increase for this 2013 is on its way according to his Blog, but hey, I could spend the same amounts on other flashlights, and still end up coming to alpha lights, so I took this route and went all out regardless of cost, cos I know if its the other way I would be spending the same really, and won't be at all happy at all.
worth it certainly considering everything Jason offers.
my alpha RM isn't even here yet, but already looking to buy a blue label!
thanks.

Do you mean that the ready made was previously retailing for $125 and jumped o $225? or the creation of the blue line with a price difference of $100 from the ready made line?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason hits all the high points that many folks at CPF like for a custom light;
  • quality product
  • choice of LED
  • ability to customize (finish, trit slits, etc)
  • occasionally different body offerings (I picked up an 18350 body)
  • communication, communication, communication

I don't see it so much as price going up as the people who bought prior to the increase got a discount.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • communication, communication, communication
Neale, I totally agreed. How i'd wish some other custom seller would understand that keeping your customers (especially those pre-paid clients) informed and respect their interest will go so far towards admiration, respect, trust and building brand goodwill, instead of excuses, excuses, excuses! I'm sure Jason is a one man show and having to answer tonnes of emails too!

I have nothing but total joy dealing with Jason and I trust his integrity and honest pricing of his products :thumbsup:

Heck I'm just gonna order a Blue Label light to go with the three pens that I have pledged

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neale, I totally agreed. How i'd wish some other custom seller would understand that keeping your customers (especially those pre-paid clients) informed and respect their interest will go so far towards admiration, respect, trust and building brand goodwill, instead of excuses, excuses, excuses! I'm sure Jason is a one man show and having to answer tonnes of emails too!

I have nothing but total joy dealing with Jason and I trust his integrity and honest pricing of his products :thumbsup:

Heck I'm just gonna order a Blue Label light to go with the three pens that I have pledged

+1

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+ 1 too.
I have swapped loads of emails with Jason, and really appreciate his time,...and patience with me.
he is cool to deal with and answers good enough.
I wish Jason and Prometheus sincere prayers.
thank you Jason for your time helping me. will be back sometime soon to annoy you again!.

PolygonalGuy

Newly Enlightened
This is from June of last year? Not even relevant to todays pricing. Look at the dates. Thread Necromancy is Evil!!!