CR123a Delrin Waterproof Spare Battery Carrier

Glock 22

Enlightened
CR123a Delrin Waterproof Spare Battery Carriers

Check out this Delrin Battery Carrier that I purchased from County Comm. It's tough I've dropped it and also carry it in my pocket with my truck keys and pocket knife and still looks good as it ever has. They also have them for AA and AAA as well. It works perfect when your out and your battery goes dead and you have a spare battery in your pocket.
D063.jpg

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened
Shipping kind of sucked on that one - doubles the price. Something like this will come in handy for me though, and since I considered buying two and then talked myself into just buying one, when I saw the shipping - I still went for it. It may not be worth it to some though.

$8.95 for the carrier + about $9.90 shipping (to Houston)! Ouch. But it is a very good product with very practical application. You don't see anything quite like it every day either. Supposedly an overrun product left over from a contract - limited production too.

Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to getting mine.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of their Delrin 1xAA carriers. It's hard to find waterproof 1xAA keychain carriers that are just the right size.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an earlier Delrin container from CC and the design of it's cap really impressed me. No matter how tight one tightens the cap the o-ring is not damaged. The cap bottoms out before the o-ring is torn or forced out of it's groove.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just the way CC does it. I get so many items from CC that I do a few good sized orders a year. ($80-120 each) To CC's credit the shipping for my orders is around $9-11.

Last edited:

nuphoria

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else make something similar without the silly shipping?!

I'm in the UK, and have been looking for a cheaper solution.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone else make something similar without the silly shipping?!

I'm in the UK, and have been looking for a cheaper solution.

Their international agent - endtimesreport sells the capsules. The shipping is a reasonable $7 to $8 depending on the order. I think that is not bad if you buy 3 capsules.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
numyth has an aluminum one that expands to fit 18650. Going gear has them.

Edit:
The problem with both of these is that they are fairly large for what they do at about 1" in diameter. I decided the more compact option was to just carry a spare in another light. In my case I chose the 4-7s CR123 MiNi.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I went with the Delrin AAA and liked it, AAA lights are quite advantageous these days, especially as a backup light. I previously used a couple Peak 1AAA holders, but the clanging around of two metal tubes was catching too much attention. The shipping I thought was reasonable as I tossed in a couple split peas to go along with it. Those turned out to be more of novelties than I had expected. With O-rings in good condition I found myself having to refill them essentially once every 2-3 weeks. As being on keys and pocketed close to my legs body heat cooks the fluid out faster than I thought.

What I like about delrin is the easiness to snug it down without applying too much force, but I sometimes wonder of its inertness against alkaline's leaking, nonreactive for sure, but how will it clean with vinegar and other solvents?

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened
I liked the Delrin mainly because it is cool to see so much effort went into making this thing with practically the same quality machining, waterproofing and so on that goes into flashlights these days.

But not even with all that.... it's just a cool looking/functioning, rather unique item. And I like that it is from a limited production making it even more unique a few years down the road.

MattSPL

Enlightened
My CR123 capsule arrived this morning. 24hrs from dispatch in the UK to my door in Ireland :grin2:

7401148928_37bdc7a585_z.jpg

7401201552_65af97c42a_z.jpg

7401176434_1e3ebd8e2f_z.jpg

zenbeam

Enlightened
See? Now that's just cool. Not too many people would have any idea just what that thing is. lol I like it. :D

That looks military. Perhaps leftovers from a government contract.

MattSPL

Enlightened
Yeah great little capsule.

I think they are left overs from a US military order.