What is "the" single 18650/XM-L tactical light right now?????

bazguitarman

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to upgrade from a Fenix TA21, which I will be gifting to a friend of mine who lost his hand in a mortar training incident. I think he can use the ring type UI one handed.

I am looking for......

1) Higher output. Around 600 lumens.
2) At least three levels of output
3) LOP reflector, but with decent throw
4) Easy to use UI
5) Possibly hidden strobe/SOS/Beacon
6) Good run times
7) Sturdy construction

I want massive output with decent run times for a single 18650/XM-L light. So, what is the current Mack Daddy for this light configuration?

Eric

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I was looking at pretty much the same specs you requested for a secondary light (for night walks next to my to-be-determined EDC), and the Zebralight SC600 looked pretty good.
Quite likely I'll get that one, but unfortunately it's not sold locally in the Netherlands so I'll have to import it, which sucks with possible exchange/warranty/repair issues.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
I feel like the Klarus xt11 and the Eagletac g25c2 are a couple of standouts. Both have Cree XML U2 led with around 640 ANSI lumens. Both are LOP with a larger head for nice throw. I have both and personally give it to the eagletac for its accessories and marginally higher finish IMO. Having said that, the klarus dual tail ui is really really simple and effective. The klarus is slightly cheaper at around $90 with the eagletac around $100. Really can't go wrong with both.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
* a good P60 host - for price and quality You think is appropriate for You (clones, "bored" Surefires, overready parts, moddoolar, ...)
* a multimode XM-L P60 insert from member nailbender (custom & modified Sub-forum)

(no hidden strobe, but output You like, hi to low or low to high, the tint You like, ...)

PS: imho the "single-button-operation" of modern lights might be much better suited for someone with only one hand, than any ring based mode selector
:thinking:

Last edited:

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
Sunwayman T20CS

Nice beam although it has a smooth reflector. Otherwise it satisfies all the rest of the requirements, especially for one-hand ops.

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for a review of the Klarus XT-11.
It has hands down the best interface for a true tactical light.
It hits 600+ lumens, has a LOP reflector,decent throw due to output.
The tail mounted dual switches allow true one handed operation without having to shift your hand.
When I was searching for a replacement duty light I purchased about 8 different models. None of them fit my needs like the Klarus. It has probably the most innovative UI of almost any available light for a true tactical use.

aL01

Newly Enlightened
* a good P60 host - for price and quality You think is appropriate for You (clones, "bored" Surefires, overready parts, moddoolar, ...)
* a multimode XM-L P60 insert from member nailbender (custom & modified Sub-forum)

(no hidden strobe, but output You like, hi to low or low to high, the tint You like, ...)

+1

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Got my new Klarus XT11 in the mail a few days ago. I've bought ~100 lights in the past few years, so I am a little bit of a "flashoholic", LOL. I will say that the XT11 throws pretty well - much better than I would have expected. Plus, the UI (user interface) is well-nigh perfect. Plus, you can use CR123's or 18650. And it has numerous other features which I like. It's slightly too big for everyday pocket carry, otherwise this would definitely be my new EDC light.

If I was a LEO, I'd have to think this light is just about perfect.

This light is a great value, IMHO. I got mine on eBay, with a charger and two 18650's for $90.

Bigpal

Enlightened
I'd have to put a vote in for the Eagletac D25LC2. I've been using it for a short while now, and it puts out massive light for its size. It doesn't have a large head, but it still gets killer range. It has every feature you asked for too. Mine is a really nice pure white tint and I gotta say, I am really happy with it.

Last edited:

loquutis79

Enlightened
I would second the Eagletac D25LC2. Probably the smallest 18650 putting out close to 600 lumens of pure white light. Nice UI, well built and did I say a HUGE amount of light from such a tiny light.
My number one EDC right now.
Klarus XT2C is second best buy a slim margin. Maybe a nicer finished product but slightly bigger. Still good for EDC though.

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
I wanted the same thing, and today, after reading post on several forums and watching a couple of youtube videos, the choice was made.

Zebra light sc600 with 750 lumens.

It set me back 100 dollar, but I can`t wait to lay my hands on it :)

biglights

Enlightened
I wanted the same thing, and today, after reading post on several forums and watching a couple of youtube videos, the choice was made.

Zebra light sc600 with 750 lumens.

It set me back 100 dollar, but I can`t wait to lay my hands on it :)

Very nice choice, I enjoy mine very much.