Olight m21 or similar general purpose

Newly Enlightened
I lost my surefire G2 LED and am trying to replace it. I will be using it for general purpose kind of stuff camping etc. I would like a variable output with a low and a very high setting (25-600 lumens) which is why I like the Olight m21. Looking to spend under $100. Is there anything else comparable or can anyone comment on the m21?
Thanks

yliu

Enlightened
The M21X is the newer version of the M21. I think it would suit ur requirements well if you are able to edc a light that size.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M21X, and really love it. I used it last night & this morning in pitch black woods. Each output level is very useful & very well spaced out. I'd describe it as a medium thrower, and among the very best in its class. For more throw you'd have to move up to a larger light which would not be fun to tote around on a camping trip. I go camping regularly, and bring the M21X as my throwy light. My primary camping lights are a Quark AA-X and a Zebralight H501w (both single-cell AA lights.) Not only do I like how well this XML light throws for its size, but I also like how much spill it puts out. I have a M20 with the R2 LED in it, and even though it throws well, it had very little spill compared to the new M21X.

I originally bought it as a gun light. I mounted it to my KelTec SU16c rifle, and it is awesome. Did some night shooting at our cabin....very fun.

spc smith

Enlightened
outdoorsman5,

so i got that klarus xt11.... everything on this light I love! Not going into detail but, this light hit a homerun for me! This light is actually brighter than the "claimed olight M20X from my previous started thread! WELL DONE KLARUS***** !

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
outdoorsman5,

so i got that klarus xt11.... everything on this light I love! Not going into detail but, this light hit a homerun for me! This light is actually brighter than the "claimed olight M20X from my previous started thread! WELL DONE KLARUS***** !

I keep seeing folks recommend the Klarus.............I need to check one out soon. It is rated for 600 lumens (same as the Olight M21X.) Would you say the XT11 throws as well or better than your M20X? Thanks Smith.